Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Kim,
Great news to hear how well you are doing. Boredom, I will take that any day over the fuzzy brain and painful knee.
Put your pizza in a container, then a bag or back pack for transportation to where you are most comfortable. Either way you will be fine.
 
It's only been an hour and a half since the crowd left, and already I'm BORED OUT OF MY GOURD!!!!!! :rotfl:I can't do much but lie around like a slug, whilst icing and elevating, and watch TV or read. I'm sick of TV and don't feel like reading right now. Being awake and alert and low/no pain is great after this surgery, except the time drags since I still have to be nice to my knee so it'll continue to be nice to me.
My knee is feeling amazingly low pain today-unless I start walking around-then it's a little painful. But it's not bad pain, just some aching and a few sharp zingers that go away as fast as they hit. Lying here without the ice for a bit does make it ache a tiny bit, but when I start the icing again the pain is zero or it's next door neighbor.
Good timing on my part though-the World Series of Poker Main Event is going on now and I love to watch it every year. Unfortunately it only fills a few hours of my very long and boring day. :sigh:
 
Last edited:
Thanks, @Pumpkln I have a carry bag on my walker, so I'll take your suggestion and stick a slice in a container and put it carefully in my bag to transport. I agree-boredom is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the alternative, but I think I've done my penance on that front. :heehee: It's not easy for me to lie around when my mind and the rest of my body want to get a move on. Good news is my knee wouldn't let me since I can't take a pill if I were to overdo and upset it. I'd have to suffer the consequences fully, and that would be a very bad thing.:bignono:
 
It's nice to see you had a good day with family. Hope you enjoy your day off peace and quiet and I how you managed to get your pizza OK.
 
@Mollymax :thankyou: I did have a nice day, which is more important than usual as we all know. I actually ended up skipping the pizza as it was too much trouble to pull out a pizza pan, turn on the oven and reheat one slice. I used to have a toaster oven which was great for a lot of stuff, but hubby hated the way it toasted so we gave it to Goodwill. Instead I just microwaved a quick lunch.
 
It's good you managed to make your lunch. I managed to put a gammon joint in the slow cooker this morning then boiled some potatoes and made microwave steam veg. Even served it up... . Made hubby wash up though as told him I had done enough for the day
 
My knee isn't up to that yet. I made a microwave meal for my lunch today then put the few dishes I used into the dishwasher. Just doing that much sent me scurrying to the ice machine and lounge doctor to alleviate the pain it caused. Good that you realized your limitation at the end and let hubby wash up.
 
I guess my knee's not yet ready for me to take total care of myself. If I were taking pain meds, it might be okay pain-wise, but without them the pain of doing things hits. It's not terrible, and icing and elevating helps alleviate the pain, but when walking around right now, it was hurting enough to make me go back to the ice. I'm okay when just taking short trips around the house every so often, but today I ended up needing to go back and forth a lot for things, which this knee didn't like. Good news is everyone's back from Tahoe, so I have help again.
 
The family will help with the boredom, I expect. :heehee: The help will be good, too.

It's only been a few weeks for your new knee. That sounds like a long time but it isn't, not in the scheme of things and especially not in the scheme of this recovery. It doesn't take much to make our poor traumatized new knees cranky in those first weeks. Activity we would normally laugh at can put us in our recliners with swelling and pain. Now that you have your help back, you can give your knee more rest and with any luck it will quickly become happy again. :friends:
 
I messaged my OS letting him know I how well I'm doing without the pain pump, and he messaged back that that was excellent. I then told him it is excellent, except that now I need a pill to cure boredom! I think I gave him his laugh for the week as he messaged me back laughing heartily. (I also suspect he's really excited that all his work with me has done what he hoped and gotten me through without narcotics, thus keeping me alive and healthy) I had also asked when I can drive and he said at six weeks. And the good news is........ I'll be squeaky clean while stuck at home.:rotfl:
 
Here's my knee today. I can't see the scar very well yet, but otherwise I think it looks pretty good.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    7-9-18.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 177
And it was an actual shower-I didn't use a shower seat or bench, I just stood up and showered.
A standing up shower at 3 weeks! Girl, you're a knee recovery rock star!

Your knee looks really good with little swelling. You are doing something right!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom