Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Wonderful on less pain. Remember that when you're sleeping, your knee is healing. I, too have had a really sleepy day today! The sleepiest one yet since the surgery.
 
I'm glad that your pain is better today. It is so hard to know that you are doing too much when you feeling ok when you are doing it. I hope the rest of your day goes well. Everyone deserves a day off.
 
This is nuts... My OS said I can walk without any aids at 4 weeks, but I spend more time hunting for my cane than I do using the darn thing. I constantly prop or hang it wherever I stop, then constantly walk off without it and have to go hunt for it when I realize I'm walking without it again. Sheesh......
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
I did the same thing. First I would walk away from the walker. Then I started using the cane and I would hang it on the walker. Eventually I took my cane to the car for a trip to PT or a store. Then I forgot to bring it in with me so now it lives there. Who knows where it will wind up next. :heehee:
 
I have noticed something strange that started yesterday (well, I don't know that for sure, I just noticed it yesterday, I don't really know when it started). My knee has been more painful the last few days or so, than it had been lately, I think from doing a little too much a couple of days ago. Last night it really hurt again and I had to take some Motrin/Tylenol, which I don't have to do all the time. Anyway, the strange thing I noticed yesterday and now today, is that it's also noticeably warmer than my left knee. Not hot, just warm. Maybe it's just part of the healing, but I thought I'd mention it.
 
Careful Kim.. I've told myself on several different occasions since entering this v...e...r...y slow recovery that I will never over do it again only to find myself saying the same thing over a few days later! I guess we just don't sit very well huh? lol

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I watched a movie the other day that I normally wouldn't take the time for. 'The Martian'. It was REALLY good and I found myself so thankful for my life here on earth afterwards!

:SUNsmile:
 
Suzie, I can't tell you how much TV I've watched these last weeks....Granted at first I wouldn't call it watching as I'd start a show and then find myself waking to another show that had auto played while I slept (our DTV Genie auto-plays similar shows in a list if you don't stop it-don't like that feature though), then had to watch the show again, only to fall asleep, etc. Now I mostly stay awake so watch a lot of TV, plus read some as I am still doing just a few tasks in between long stretches of resting as I can't do much without feeling weak and shaky still. I think I watched your movie since my surgery-is that the one where they leave a guy on Mars and he lives on his own there for a time? We watched that one evening and enjoyed it.

I actually made some enchiladas last night as I had taken a frozen chicken meal out of the freezer and put it into the fridge the previous night, but it was too frozen until today to use. So, I made some simple cheese enchiladas, but it took all afternoon as I had to stop and rest a lot. And I even used canned sauce I had bought (I never let that stuff in the house but bought it the other day just in case-and was glad to have it even though it wasn't great, as I'm not up to making my usual homemade sauce and I used all the frozen packages I had on hand when I made enchiladas for the freezer before the surgery), plus I used my electric grater to do the cheese. I can't believe how hard it is to do normal simple tasks still. Luckily the chicken was defrosted this am and is in the slow cooker. Maple dijon chicken, rice and veggies for dinner with no current effort on my part-yay!

In some ways I am feeling better, which seems to only get me in trouble...lol. My head is clear and ready to go, but my body is not, so I am having a hard time sitting so much. It's easy to sit or rest when you feel awful in body and mind, but not when your body and mind differ.

I'm glad you're doing so well, it's nice to see how many of us here do so well after the surgery.
 
I've binged watched so many different series of tv shows. I do understand that mind and body disconnect. I am glad that you are starting to do better. Your body will catch up to your mind soon enough and then there will be no stopping you!
 
Still waiting for the final results on the cultures....23 days now...I am sure they're negative but still want the results..grrrrrrrrrr...........lol.
 
Hey, Chris, welcome home! I hope you had a wonderful vacation and congrats on all 50 states! That's quite a feat and accomplishment!
Actually, with my OS it's late Sunday night...lol. My guess is he's soooooo busy during the week that he collapses into bed whenever he sees one and doesn't have a patient or job waiting. When he did my surgery that Tuesday, he had had 3 days on call the past weekend, and several surgeries that day already. I was his last surgery of the day, and heard he was sleeping later that night when we asked the nurse to call him over the medicine dose, which was incorrect. (It was supposed to be IV, not pills. I also seem to remember hearing in my fog of surgery they added a long acting morphine that night also-which I am allergic to. I have to make sure it's on my chart as an allergy-I thought it was, but will make sure to check when I see my OS at 6 weeks. If it is there, and she gave it to me anyway, believe me all he** is going to break loose then and there!). She refused as she figured knew everything, except me as it turned out, and as a result I was sick all night, vomited all day and generally wanted to throttle her. My husband and daughter and I all tried to tell her the protocol for this in regards to pain meds was not the correct one for me, but she wouldn't listen. I let my OS hear about it when I saw him at 2 weeks as it was his fault for forgetting to change the instructions. He agreed that it was his fault but was genuinely surprised when I told him she refused to call him-he said they call him every other second usually. His PA later told me they didn't likely want to wake him since he really needed the sleep, but I was pretty furious when she wouldn't listen and at least call his PA, who was there, if not him. I had to take the dang pills or have no pain relief at all, but I was quite ill as a result, and ended up in the hospital longer as a result. My OS, being chief there, will no doubt make sure that doesn't happen again; at least he'd better!

Anyway, I hope he lets me know soon-even though I am all but 100% sure they're all negative, I still want to hear.
 
Another milestone accomplished! I have been having a hard time going downhill, so have not gotten my mail from the mailbox myself yet. This evening, I decided to try it and made it with no problem! It was almost easy...and I was pretty dumbfounded. I really thought it would be a struggle going down the driveway, even though our driveway isn't long, it's a bit steep.
 
Actually, I didn't make it back up, I'm still sitting by my mailbox hoping someone will take pity on my poor forlorn self......:rotfl:
But seriously, yes, I made it back. Uphill is always easy for me so I wasn't worried there, just worried about the downhill.
 
Back
Top Bottom