Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Believe it or not, I had another day of vomiting today. I am sooooo sick of being sick! It has finally settled down and I had some broth with a little rice just now. Staying in bed alone is so lonely too-I am trying to feel better so I can rejoin the world, if my stomach will just cooperate............I hope you got out for lunch..I can't wait until I'm up to doing normal things again.
 
Oh bless you. Nothing like being sick and afraid to eat, sure and that's one of the main ingredients for a good recovery- food ! Hope it continues to get better and you can get up and Join the world. Keep your chin up:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Sorry to hear your tummy is still not well, wish there was something to make it all better.
I was able to get out yesterday briefly, to the bank, and then the store, it felt good to be out even if it was just for a short time.
Sending get well wishes your way,
 
I do hope your tummy is starting to settle down a bit. Just the normal recovery is enough to deal with, without something extra added. :console2:
 
boy there is a lot of stomach problems going around. Pills can do it to the stomach but the fact that this is going on for so long I think your doctor should see you. Maybe he can give you something to coat the stomach so you don't get sick. I had to too. It does help a lot. Good luck. Do you have some 7up. Take a easy today. Take care. Tashia
 
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I think I will e-mail my doctor and see if she has any ideas. I'm glad you got out, @Pumpkln , it does feel good. I got to go to the store once and even tho I was tired after just a quick trip to the neighborhood store, it felt good. 7up is all I'm drinking, @tashia , and also a little broth with rice. This has to end, I can't take it anymore.
 
I feel so bad for you! That's one of the worst feelings. Eating soups and the like is fine for a day or so but not long term! If you can't get to your doctor perhaps a trip to the ER is necessary. It's times like this I wish I WAS a doctor. These are cases where with all our good intentions and wishes, we can't help, so find someone who will.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
@JustJeff , Yes Sir! I will do as you say. :) I actually just emailed my doctor, but she'll likely be off until Tuesday with the holiday, so I'll prob. hear back then. She'll probably want to see me and do a few tests to make sure I don't have any weird bacteria running around causing all this. I'll let everyone know what is going on as soon as I hear back.
 
Just don't wither away to nothing! Drink lots of liquids. You know the drill. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Could it be your medications causing the sickness? I know that almost all those painkillers make me vomit, unless I am given something to prevent that. That's something to ask your doctor.

Meanwhile, if you think it could be the meds, it may help if you nibble a plain biscuit just before taking the pills.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you get to the bottom of what is troubling your stomach soon.
This recovery is tough enough without additional hurdles to cross.
Hope you get some rest and can keep something down today.
Have been able to use one crutch today with out my knee tightening like a vice, that is progress!
 
Good job, @Pumpkln . I'm not sure what is causing all this, but I will be talking to my doctor soon. I just got a note back from her office that she's out till the 28th tho, which is when I'm supposed to see my OS. I have an 8:30 am appt with him....it'll be tough to get there that early. I make sure I have something in my stomach before I take my pain pills, which I haven't taken for 2 days, I have a very achy knee and it really hurts in one spot right now. At least all I'm doing is resting.
 
If it is the pain medications the OS can adjust them. I don't know how you are going with out pain relief, too early for me to go down to nothing.
 
i don't have a choice right now-my tummy is barely tolerating brothy soup and saltines. my knee hurts a lot, but i'm afraid to take any until my tummy is stronger.
 
Guess you are using a lot of ice for pain. Some on the forum say Arnica Gel helped too. Can you handle Tylenol?
My heart goes out to you being too sick to use your pain medications. Please take as best care as you can.
In the end we will both be fine, it is just such a rough path to get there.
 
I'm going to try some motrin in a bit. Thank-you for all your care and concern...it's so nice to know we are not alone in this.
 
I think Josephine recommends Tylenol, as it is a stronger pain reliever. Use what works best for you!
 
This was explained to me that Nursing Homes have elder citizens living there and folks who are recovering. A Rehab facility only has people who are recovering then they go home or to a nursing home, etc.
 
As of today, I have lost just under 20 lbs. since the surgery. This is not good nor healthy weight loss, it's from my upset stomach and not being able to eat much. I e-mailed my doctor and should hear back from her on Wednesday as she is off until then. I hope we can figure it out and get me healthy again.
 
All scars heal at different rates, I have a client whose 20 year old surgical scar is still pink. Your scar is healing up just like it should.
I am glad you are going to consult with your Dr., getting your stomach ailment under control is priority one.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom