Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Yucky day today.....woke up not feeling great, ate something at about 10 but then about a half hour later threw it all up. PT was here today-good news is my ROM is at 115, bad news was my pulse and BP were high again from feeling sick. Couldn't do all the PT today, but we did walk outside and I am walking really well. She says my stride looks great, I'm mostly using my cane for balance, etc. This has been a good recovery knee-wise, awful recovery health-wise. It just makes me want to cry with frustration. I think if I could just stay healthy, I'd be doing jumping jacks by Tuesday............lol. :dancy:
 
@Celle I am actually glad I can't vacuum yet..lol...let hubby do that chore for a while...:wink: Yes, I have zero reserves as every bit of strength has gone to my knee for recovery. I hope this all passes soon tho- need to get some strength back to my body, I can't keep getting ill.
 
I can push the light weight shark carpet sweeper a little, at least it makes the carpet look nice.
Today has been mostly resting icing, elevating and medicating, with some light exercise and stretching.
And I still feel tired.
Let us know how the potato gratin turn out.
 
@Pumpkln , I also have a light weight Shark but haven't yet braved it. The gratins are almost done, I'll let you know how they taste after dinner. You take it easy and get some rest. I elevated and iced after preparing the food-sure felt good.
 
@lovetocookandsew I just read through most of your thread. You have been through a LOT. I relate to your words about energy drain. It has hit me more in the past few days. (because of several planned and unplanned events.) You are cooking? You are further along than me. These meds. make me feel so zombie like. I have had to up them last 2-3 days. I just wanted to drop in and say "hi" and that I have followed your story some. You are a real trouper. I guess we all are. (:
 
Yeah. .I gave up on tramadol as it made me loopy also. I just use percocet at night now, and I'm good with pain on Tylenol and ibuprofen during the day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
hi back and thanks @hopefaith . I won't say I'm cooking, exactly, I just made one dish. I have had a good recovery in some ways, and a hard one in other ways. I think we all have that, ups and downs, and we all struggle in the downs and rejoice in the ups. This surgery is harder than I thought, and I'm sure harder than anyone thinks until they go through it. I am on minimal pain meds, but actually just took an extra one today for the first time in a while. I know that we all have times of less pain and times of more pain. Everyone who goes through this is a real trouper and stronger than they knew. You and I are probably quite close in our recoveries, just maybe we do a few different things. I know @Pumpkln and I are the same way, same day of surgery, similar recoveries but we are both doing different things. Keep up the good work and keep me up on how you're doing. Kim
 
yeah, I have the added pain from fibromyalgia so that makes the issues more complicated. Thank you for your reply.
 
Mine is just a regular vacuum cleaner, but it's a Shark brand. This particular one sucks better than any vacuum I've ever had, it's quite light and swivels a bunch so it's easy to use.
 
Thanks @Pumpkln . It was tiring, and a bit rough on me. For some reason my knee was pretty swollen today and in a lot of pain, which hasn't been the case in a couple of weeks or more. But the PT was pretty gentle, he didn't push me or cause me pain, so it went okay that way. Hubby wheeled me in and back as I wasn't feeling like walking that marathon from the parking garage to the PT dep't, which helped a lot. I am still fighting to recover from that dang bug; it still saps my energy and my tummy is still queasy a lot, dang it all. I came home really tired, so got in bed, and have spent all night icing and elevating to get the swelling down. Hoping it'll be less swollen tomorrow so I can move a bit more-it was pretty stiff today.
 
How are you doing today? Hope your tummy has settled down.
Spend a good part of the day and all night icing my knee, seems to have helped settle things down.
Hoping your tummy starts feeling better and you can put all your focus on your knee.
Have a happy Memorial Day Weekend!
 
I had a quiet day of icing (not the kind on a birthday cake tho.....lol) and elevating. Didn't feel like eating out, so just had a simple birthday dinner of ribs from the deli with a couple bites of cake. Tummy was good yesterday, not so good this am, but is gradually getting back to normal. I'm glad the icing/elevating is helping your knee. Have a good weekend, and eat some BBQ chicken for me as we celebrate and remember those who keep and have kept us safe and free.
 
Happy Birthday to you, and many more. I am sorry that you didn't have a good day. The first couple of months are ups and down. In fact I am still having them. its almost three months and some days I feel like I just had it. Thank goodness its only seconds. Remember the engery dain is so real. When you get better a better celebration for your birthday should be celebrated. Remember go slow and since you have been sick make sure you get plenty of :sleeep: and make sure you take :chillpill:with crackers or apple sauce. also :ice:. Take care. Tashia
 
Happy Birthday! I ditto what was said before. Next birthday you'll be running in a marathon!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @tashia , @JustJeff and @Pumpkln for the birthday wishes and the dance. I plan to be doing the dancing myself by this time next year. I think I'll skip the marathon tho-running was never my thing...lol. But it's nice to know we could do it if we wanted, right all? I didn't have a bad day, tashia, just a quiet one, tho my tummy was a bear this am. My oldest daughter gave me flowers, my other daughter will make me dinner as soon as she's better, my granddaughter made me a special card (she's 4 and wrote the whole thing herself), my son called, my other daughter sent me love and kisses, hubby made my dinner (okay, he warmed the deli food..lol), etc, etc. so I had a nice day.
 
I am so glad I was wrong. I was so glad it was a good day. Did have a good day. Watch some war movies and then a nap. Did go out for a drive, it felt so good but so many people were out. Now I not sure what tomorrow I will do. I was thinking of going for a ride but with all the people I don't think so. I will take myself out for lunch I think. Take care and make sure you take it easy.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom