@sistersinhim - He is amazing. I have been seeing him for 12 years, so he knows my knee well. He suggested an orthopedic brace to hopefully buy 10 more years before replacement. That suggestion bought me 12 years. I am so grateful for his approach and willingness to address my knee, individually, not just following the usual protocol and practice. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Marcus Roux in Waxahachie, Texas!
United States
It was wonderful to see them and was a welcome distraction. Apparently, it was a bit overly optimistic. By the day's end, I was exhausted and my knee was incredibly sore. I landed in my chair, with ice, for the remainder of the evening and endured a long, painful night.
It was a reminder that even though I want to keep the holiday family traditions, that may not be entirely possible this year. I am disappointed and a bit sad about that.
I know that I need to be kind to, and patient with, my new knee; but, I am a huge traditionalist. So, I will have to find ways to enjoy the traditions, while allowing others to handle the physical aspects. I am finding it difficult to stay down. 

It feels so great to have a really decent nights sleep and good news that you've managed to reduced medication you will see changes everyday.
I'm hoping those days are over.