Hip Resurfacing Lost motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello Billy,way up in the north where we get plenty of wind and rain.........your self? My stifness depends on what im been doing i think.......farm work and hip recovery dont mix to well
 
Hi Ben - still an early riser (in the dark!) from the time of your posting. Nephew says snowing in Edinburgh and we have it threatened for later today/early tomorrow in Kent. Do you find the cold seems to get right into your new joint? I did yesterday when I went out to our local shop!
My surgeon showed me my X-rays pre-op, showed lovely sideways curve on my spine which should now be straightening up and presumably causing the muscles to object and be achy very low down on my back (on and below the lumbar region).
Dave - make sure you don't sit for too long and don't worry about the household chores! So long as the bathroom and cooking areas are clean, the rest can wait. Mind you, I do a lot of (hopefully creative) thinking when I'm doing the boring tasks so that might be good for you.
Regards to all
Anne
 
hello Nannyannie,yes im always up early......and it is cold and wet up here as per normal,cold does effect it ok,speak to a few locals here who say the same..........just have to get on with it ?
 
hello Billy,way up in the north where we get plenty of wind and rain.........your self? My stifness depends on what im been doing i think.......farm work and hip recovery dont mix to well

Your a farmer no wonder your so stiff not quite a nine to five job then more of a 6:00am to late for you young man, you will have to be careful Benz would it not be in your best interests tto take on some help for a few months untill you feel more flexible.
I bide in Auld Reekie [ Edinburgh ] but my dads family came from Wick and my wifes sister stays in Nethy Bridge.

Billy
 
I see you have had both done.....would you say your fully fit now?How many months would you say did it take you to be fully fit?Physio i go to has said a year!I have to admit im not fit yet anyway,mentally or physically,i do go to work but its just not enjoyable and usualy sleeping by 8pm.I have developed a real fear for the cattle,so strange it is and it is a REAL fear,i hope that goes away eventualy or im in big trouble. Would very mch like you and any one else to pass comment onhow long it took for the weak feelings to go away.thanks
 
That post was not needed,i just read the articel...........Healing,how long does it take on some one elses thread....long way to go i see
 
Im getting there, but no where near as fit as I was, its hard not to overdo things. My surgon was very sketchy on time frames just said as and when I reached goal posts or as tollarated. But a year for full recovery from the operation as its not a minor one just because they are routine. As for function I could expect up to two years for improvements in hip mobility.
So although cleared for work and driving at 6 weeks it didnt mean I could at the level before it will take time.

So its about gradual building up. When I had a part time job at about 8 weeks it was go to work but no additional tasks, then I could do some work and a bit of house work, then a bit latter its been work and then I could also use the cross trainer. The work was local and not very active in a supermarket. I used to work in London in research labs, but, Im not yet fit enough for the long commute and a day rushing about on my feet. I did travel to London for a pre interview interview and commute scared me as you get bumped and pushed and when I get tired Im a bit slow and unsteady on my feet I have to use a cane to highlight to others that I have mobility problems.

As for the cows I helped look after a heard of cows when I kept horses, so I can understand your fear and they can sense it. As you get stronger It will become easier.

To give an example in June last year I completed the Downs link bike ride Guildford to Worthing ~46 miles. I can now do about 11 miles on easy tracks so Im 1/4 of the way there so as Im 3 months out I guess thats on target and its a masive increase on what I was able to do in September.
 
Cheers puddle fish for your reply,find it all very frustratingbe honest.......will just have to learn to be patient and not worry about resting from time to time
 
This past while im been bothered with incrdible cold feet,never had the like before really.......i cant take it in that its to do with surgery surely?.Any one else had the same?I change socks and footwear twice a day hoping it will help.Set feet on a hot water bottle at lunch time.When i was in hospital i remember saying it to a nurse at day 1,and she agreed,your feet is cold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom