Guest viewing is limited

Hip Resurfacing Lost motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time to step back i think.....been working away ok,start with lower back pain,sore butt cheek today......just said,thats enough,home to rest..........1 day short of 12 weeks since the op........but in general going the correct way..........i have seen a few posts with butt pain,was thinking i was getting off with that............muscles healing same as everyone else i expect?
 
Do see your doctor about the lump - I have had one on the top of my (very straight) big toe for some years, diagnosed after x-rays as "hallux rigidus" as opposed to "hallux vulgaris" which is a bunion. It was painful until I had insoles (orthotics) fitted by a podiatrist with a pad under that joint and angled heels to stop my ankles rolling inwards, I could not believe the difference they made to my painful toe and knees. I have to buy wide shoes so that thay accommodate the insoles but I can live with that - comfort before high fashion!
Hope that getting out and about is reviving your get-up-and-go, you are still like me in early days!
 
hello nannyannie.....no i didnt go to the doc,to be honest mrs and family are fed up with me moaning about my aliments as they call it,it does come and go and i have plenty to be going on with at the moment........its very hard and frustrating this being out of action carry on
 
I hear you on the frustration at being 'out of action'- mine is near epic proportions here. I mean, I just want to move free-er and not feel so bloody drained all the time. Somedays it literally drives me insane
 
Ben, have you tried icing for the pain and soreness... It truly is great pain relief :)

Slow and steady my friend, this recovery takes time... I am 14 months post on Monday and still have the odd twinge.. You will get there :)
 
You are a week ahead of me, and doing great. We all get these little set backs. I was laughing to myself though because I was off a week for my surgery date, reading your post that you were at 12 weeks and had surgery before me. I realized that when I posted last week at 11 should have neem 10 weeks. Guess a little of that brain fog still going on.:what:
 
bellaroma I often joke that I left my brain cells in ICU and still haven't been able to find them! :rotfl:
 
yep,its hard on the brain ok....do you find settling down to do anything a struggle?......even something like watch tv,im up and down like a yo yo
 
Absolutely, short term concentration (even long term) is still a problem for me... It does get easier, in the scheme of full recovery it is still early days for you Ben :)
 
ye Davefd,what do you do for work? Yesterday i had to give in and come home,to sore
I'm a designer- meaning I have a desk job more-or-less. However, my job demands I be creative, and post op I just don't have the brain power. I live alone, so I have to do all the household chores as well - but certainly not the level of work you are trying to do.
 
do you manage to get through the day every day?Do you find your self very tired in the evenings? Im usually sleeping between 8 and 9 pm
 
hello nannyannie.....no i didnt go to the doc,to be honest mrs and family are fed up with me moaning about my aliments as they call it,it does come and go and i have plenty to be going on with at the moment........its very hard and frustrating this being out of action carry on


Hi,

I don't know if this'll help or not...

I had my RTHR in early August 2012, and before that, had some spine surgery in April 2012. The RTHR recovery has, by far, been longer (I guess I'm about 5 months post-op now), and my wife has been with me through all of this, with all of my concerns about this pain or that pain, seeing doctors, etc. The thing is, it turned out that, then, my wife had to have shoulder surgery recently, in December, so, "the tables turned", and I've had to take on the role of caring for her, and what I've come to realize with this experience is that doing that (giving care) is also REALLY difficult... sometimes maybe even more difficult than going through the recovery myself.

I've also come to really understand what they (doctors, etc.) say when they say "only you can feel your pain". My wife's recovery from her shoulder surgery has been especially difficult and painful, because she's basically not been able to take any pain meds, and I'll tell you, as hard as I'm sure that it is for her to endure that pain for the last 5+ weeks, it's also difficult for me to watch her going through that, and not be able to really do much for her.

She finally, this week, has found a med that she can tolerate, and she's been taking it for a day-and-a-half now, and with even just the partial relief that she's gotten from that, I've come to realize just how difficult it was watching her suffer through the pain.

I don't know what your situation is, but I guess that what I'm trying to get at is that they probably aren't "fed up" with you "moaning", but they are probably just as frustrated with your having to go through and endure this recovery as you are, to some extent. There have been times in the last month when I wished that I could just take the pain from her, so that she wouldn't have to go through this, and perhaps they feel the same way...

Anyway, as I said, I don't know if this helps at all or not.

Good luck with your recovery,
Jim
 
do you manage to get through the day every day?Do you find your self very tired in the evenings? Im usually sleeping between 8 and 9 pm


Hi,

BTW, you're probably lucky that you CAN sleep :)... There are some of us here (myself included) who have had major difficulty getting to sleep post-op (there's a thread in the Social area), and there were times, about 4 weeks after my THR, that I'd have killed to fall asleep. Again, as hard as that was on me, my wife also hated it (again, frustrated watching me pace around at 3:00 AM ).

Later,
Jim
 
I know it seems like all this is taking forever Ben. But everything you are describing is normal recovery. The problem is you can't wish it away or ignor it. If you do - things may take longer. Go with it for now. Sleep when you can. Don't try and push. All this will soon fade - been there, done that!
 
You will get there Ben... Trust the ones of us who have gone before you :)
 
do you manage to get through the day every day?Do you find your self very tired in the evenings? Im usually sleeping between 8 and 9 pm
There's no way i could pull a full day, not more than a few hours tops before my brain starts to turn to mush. I find myself needing 9-10 hours sleep most nights as well.
 
Hi benz

Sorry I have not been in sooner when you say lower back problems is this stifness when getting up and down and moving about as I had this problem for a while when i got my right hip done. It was aboout the 6-7 month period after the op before things started to fall into place, didn't have that problem with the left hip.
So were do you bide in Scotland

Billy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom