Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Love you attitude Shortie. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ keeper. I’m in my fifth year of issues and about to have another revision. It has never crossed my mind to give up. I just have to do [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Shortie. I like you style. I’m very much the same. I’ll keep going until there’s no other option so while I have had over four years of failure with this knee I won’t give up until they find what the issue is. I want more out of life than just pain and not being able to be part of life. So yes I’ll keep going. I’m going to keep following your thread as it’s very motivating lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Shortie, I hope the new RA infusion works well for you and you feel better soon. I have taken 3 different infusion meds ( but not the one you are on). All of them made me tired in the first few weeks but it does get better and it's worth it. I had RA prior to my RTKR and believe the RA meds help my knees as an added benefit.
 
So a new chapter!

RA continues to be troublesome - Ritixumab has worked a bit but still needing steroids - all joints are painful wrist splints at night, lots of meds.... never ending RA stuff.

But the double whammy (or it maybe the triple) my revision has loosening on the tibial plate!!

Waiting now for referral to see what to do! A bit peeved to say the least but will just have to wait and see (and maybe drink gin in the meantime )

Shortie x
 
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear this!
 
Shortie,
A loose tibial plate, yikes, not news anyone wants to hear. You have been through such a long journey, and now even more challenges.
:console2:
 
Oh no. I pray that it's not true, that it's not really loose!
 
Thank you all - X-ray report says “increased latency anterior aspect underneath the tibial tray indicative of loosening. Further lutencies noted medically and laterally underneath tibial tray at the cement bone interface”
So that’s not good - also had X-ray on Wednesday afternoon GP rang on Thursday morning for appointment ASAP went Friday morning.
Once GP told me he then said sorry and do you have enough painkillers!
Just waiting now for appointment now for orthopods.
But anyway will just have to get on with it and wait and see what will be.

Shortie x
 
Sorry you may have loosening Shortie. :console2:
 
Hello
Please could one of the moderators change my thread title please?
Could it be...

OA, TKR, Revision, RA, now loosening.... the journey continues!

Thank you
Shortie x
 
Thank you for changing my title - please could it have a slight edit to reflect the RA as I believe this is a massive factor now - thanks

So I had an X-ray on Wednesday 30th May, phone call from GP on Thursday 31st appointment to discuss it on 1st June and now I have an orthopaedic appointment on the 15th all on the NHS. Now many people are saying wow that’s great however...

My mind is thinking how bad is my X-ray to get an appointment in 2 weeks on the NHS? And also I know I my appointment is with a surgeon who hasn’t done a revision never mind a re-revision! So I’m going to the appointment next Friday for a) to see if I need any extra imaging as my other (non- TKR) knee is as painful as the loose one and needs review and my feet both have OA of the talonavicular joints which Also have got a lot worse over the last 8 months (?RA related) and b) to be referred to the surgeon I would like who has been recommended to me from 2 people who have had surgery from him and 2 professional recommendations.

I am very worried at the moment as surgery now is so much more complicated with RA and meds and painful shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands for using crutches - all so many unknowns and worries - also I am so fatigued from my RA at the moment as I am desperately trying to avoid steroids for lots of reasons. It is all so much to take in but there is nothing I can do about any of it so as in that great movie catchphrase “just smile and wave boys, smile and wave”!

Shortie x
 
Please could one of the moderators change my thread title please?
Could it be...
OA, TKR, Revision, RA, now loosening.... the journey continues!
I've changed your thread title, to add RA.

The title is getting a bit long. I wonder if we could cut out some of it? For example, the yellow prefix before your title already says "Revision TKR", so you don't need that in the title as well. And I didn't add "OA" because that's usually a given before a TKR.

Can you have a think about it and let us know? Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Celle how about “loosening, RA ?re-revision” Sorry to be a pain and indecisive

Shortie xx
 
I have just realised I haven’t updated - so I was going to be seeing a surgeon who had never done a revision! So after a few phone calls and a sensible but frustrating wait I am now seeing a surgeon very experienced in revisions on 7th September.

Because of my RA treatment of Rituxumab infusion which I had on 25th July and the second one yesterday this now means that I cannot have any surgery for 5-6 months as the infusion wipes out the immune system to control the RA and therefore the risk of infection increases with surgery in the 5-6 months after the infusion. Therefore there is no current rush.

I am now using crutches - or SmartCrutchs to be precise when walking the dog as I am trying my best to battle knees, feet, RA, fatigue and all of the other pains and force myself to keep going!

I did manage to finally actually see my X-Rays and not just the report.


[Bonesmart.org] Loosening, RA  ?Second Revision
[Bonesmart.org] Loosening, RA  ?Second Revision


I’m not liking the gaps! I really don’t know how bad these are but I know it is really quite painful and doesn’t feel at all stable!

I will report back once I’ve seen the OS.

Shortie x
 
Thanks for the update, you have been through so much, wish you did not have to go through another revision.
I am going to tag @Josephine to take a look at your x ray.

You are wise to wait until you can see an OS specializing in revisions, your knee needs someone with a lot of experience with your complex medical history.

Sending positive thoughts your way,
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom