Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audrey,

Thanks for the answer to my question, I was just wondering if the TKR was so botched that it led to this. And no I am not having problems with my TKR just an inquiring mind I guess.

Been there and done that with med withdrawl( I probaBLY WOULD GET IT FROM STOPPING TYLENOL) and it is not nice but hang in it should be gone soon.

Very glad to hear you are coming along so well and you have the greatest attitude toward all you have been through. Rose
 
Good evening everybody! Just wanted to post that the withdrawal from the Dilauded is just about over. No more sweats. No more being light-headed. Feeling pretty good!!!! The hydrocodone is working, and I'm able to take 2 pills every 5 hours instead of 2 pills every 4 hours! Things are looking good!
My hubby came home with a flat screen TV to put in our bedroom today! He says just because there's a TV in the room doesn't give me permission to stay in bed all day! Are you kidding me??? NO WAY! But...settling into a cozy bed and able to watch a movie in comfort is a great way to end my day! :sleep: AND...I'm able to sleep, too! Minimal waking up during the night. (except of course, last night) Setting the alarm just to be sure I take the pain meds and that's it! :yay:
 
That's good, Audrey. Flat screen in the bedroom, huh? (I had one about 4 years ago! :th_heehee:)
 
Audrey....I'm so glad that things are settling down. You are such a rock. I think I would have been a basket case!!!
 
Hi Audrey. Your enthusiasm is contagious and has helped end my day on a high note.

Glad to see the hydrocodone works for you. It does for me, too, and I wish we had discovered that sooner while at the hospital. But, all's well now. The plan is go from 2/4 to 2/5 by next week.

The TV in the room sounds good. I haven't started watching much TV or reading (I fall asleep quickly), but I'm not complaining.

Continued positive healing to you, Audrey.
 
I'm trying to end each day by thinking about a good thing that happened to me that day, and something good that I can do the next. I've been doing this since I got home, and it really makes me feel good!
If I can't "find" something, I will always call my Mom and tell her that I love her. People don't say that enough to the people that really matter...we just assume they know.
And...I always thank all the people that have posted, responded or just sent good thoughts my way. I know I have an army behind me, and I can't tell you just how much that means to me.

Please don't feel that because I'm going through this healing process that I'm not available to help, or to lend an ear. Helping others helps me heal, and that's the best feeling EVER! :friends:
 
If everyone had your attitude, Audrey, the world would be a better place. You're a very special type of person.

I SO AGREE!!!! What a beautiful idea, Audrey, to spend time each day thinking of the positive things in your life. We could all do a little more of that.
 
I have been down in the dumps plenty of times since this knee mess started in 2009. I found BoneSmart and found good people here that were supportive, had information and didn't judge me, even when I went babbling on and just "didn't get it". I felt alone, confused and was sooo angry at what was happening to me.
Support groups sometimes get a bad rap...many say we just complain and look for others to join our "pity party". Not so!!!!

I can honestly say that without BoneSmart being a part of my recovery process, I could very well be in a bad place right now. I always knew that I could "vent" by typing away...so... I did! And the things I've learned...WOW!

So now, I'd like to "pay to forward". Sure, I'm still on the road to recovery after this fusion, but it's not all I think about during the day. Big change from a few years ago, I assure you! :thumb:

We are sooo much more than a person with knee problems, issues and concerns. We all have interests, families and lives that make us who we are. I know that sometimes it doesn't feel that way, especially when we are in pain, or totally exasperated and exhausted from trying to find answers and getting through grueling PT.

Remember...you aren't defined by your knee....don't let that happen. It almost got me at one point, and I just wanted to scream to everybody, "Audrey is still here"!!!!!!
 
Its been said by others, but I too just wanted to say "you are an inspiration to us all" Audrey. You have come tghrough so much, and I thank God that you are now "fixed" and on the road to recovery like the rest of us Bonesmarties. Hope its a straight road, with no kinks, and every day ahead is a happy one. :thumb:
 
I think my nerves are starting to wake up! My shin bone is a bit "sore" today. Went to rub some lotion on the lower half of my lega and "ouchey"!!!! Must be from all the hammering it took to get the rod inside the tibia. Had a bit of tingling and quick "jabs" in that area last night, so I'm not surprised it's tender this morning. Those nerves have been sleeping for almost 2 weeks now....time to wake up!!
 
I was able to put my entire foot on the floor this morning! Just enough to feel the floor, as no weight bearing yet. Boy..did that feel GOOOOOD!!!!!
 
Audrey, that is great news!! You have been such an inspiration to us all. I too try to think of my "gratitude list" every night, then in the am. By the way, I called my Mom (80) earlier, we always say "I love you" at the end! You go girl!!!
 
I appreciate my Mom more and more each day! Especially since I've gotten older. This has been hard on her...to see her daughter go through this, but I couldn't have done this without her :flowerysmile:.
 
Happy Monday! I had a GREAT night last night! Fell asleep about 10:30 and didn't wake up till 3:30 when hubby woke me up to take my pain meds. 5 hours without waking up once is a BIG thing with me! Fell back asleep and didn't wake up till 8am. AND...(drum roll, please....) I was able to lift my leg off the pillow without using my hand to support my lower leg! And this was before I took my pain meds! Slow and steady DOES win the race! :yahoo:
 
Audrey,

Yipee, Hooray, Yahoo etc etc etc. :dancy::yahoo::yes 4::yay::doggieshmooze:

It is so exciting to hear how well you are doing with every passing day. The joy in your posts is ver evident. Lord knows you surely deserve it.
 
Been reading through your posts....seems like you answered some of your own questions! But yes, the pain will subside. And you will go "omg, how did I EVER live before this surgery!" haha. Everything takes time...it took me nearly a year to get completely off crutches and then another half a year to walk "normal". The thing you need to do in the mean time is celebrate every little milestone! You put your foot on the floor? YESS! That deserves some ice cream or an idiotic comedy....anything that makes you happy that you dont normally do. I find that I just like being happy, so I enjoy the moments when I am just...happy :)

The pain will come and go. I still get weird pains from time to time, but you need to remember your body is no longer like everyone elses, so you will get add aches and such for the rest of your life (it can be hard trying to determine whats just an ache and whats something to really pay attention to...Ive had a few scares that turned out to be nothing). It will take extra energy to walk, so dont be surprised if you get tired before other people. You will most likely walk a bit slow than other people too. You muscles will be weak and tired at first, but they build back up. It all depends on how much you are willing to put into it, and it sounds like you will be fine. Just dont push it more than the doctors recommend or what feels wrong. You know your body better than anyone, so you should be able to know your limits.

Glad you made it through withdrawls! that can be the hardest part, making you feel MORE antsy than you already are. haha!

Keep up the recovery! Youre doing GREAT!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom