Guest viewing is limited

Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on this forum too much but have been following you and Coachie. Glad there's hope for knee redemption. I'll be thinking of you, and looking for regular reports on your progress afterward.

I have to chuckle when you mention Dr. M because he was the ortho I was seeing. But then while taking my mom to see the local ortho, I was so impressed I ended up switching to him.
 
Thanks, Jo. What you said makes sense and I now understand the procedure better.
 
Never too graphic for me, Jamie! Remember....I'm a dental/oral surgery assistant. I've seen my share of nasty, grotesque things...which is probably why I just LOVE the gory details! :th_heehee:

I just got a call from OA....surgery is set for Sept. 20th. I'll have one more appointment with Dr. K to go over stuff...just want him to be sure that I'm ok with him doing whatever needs to be done while he's "in there".

On another note....we just got one of our miniature horses back. OMG! What am I thinking!!!! "Irish" wasn't wanted where he was, so the lady asked if we would take him back. (I'm suck a sucker!) Well...of course, I'll take him back! That makes 3 Shetland ponies and 2 miniature horses now.....and I'm DONE! They say they are like potato chips...well...I've had enough of those, too!
Lots to do before the 20th......
 
I wanted you to see "Irish", my little trick pony! I took this today of him and "Diamond". How the heck do you insert a picture without it being SOOOOOO big? :scratch:
 
What a doll!!! That's a priceless photo.
 
Irish (the sorrel mini) is only 31" tall...just about 8 hands. Diamond (the black and white one) is 11.2 hands.

For all of you that don't know what a "hand" is in horse measurements, a "hand" is equal to 4 inches! They are measured from the ground to the bottom of their neck where the neck and the back meet. (also called the "withers").
 
Audrey,

They are just adorable. I can't get over the fact that my Great Danes are taller than your horses.:scratch: One of my old males was 38" at the withers, he would make IRISH look like a baby. They are just beautiful, maybe I should look into mini instead of getting another dog.
 
*sigh* I do so miss riding .....
Not that I ever did much but it was something I'd wanted to do ever since I was little and I finally treated myself to some lessons at the age of 40! I loved it! I can think of nothing that is more sublime.
 
Karmigirl,
Believe it or not, they are cheaper to feed and upkeep than a dog! I kid you not! ........I am so getting ready for this upcoming surgery! Got great news from one of hubby's co-workers who had a total knee done 8 weeks ago...and opted to have the other one done yesterday (by Dr. Kelly, of course!). His first TKR went so well, he went for a 2 mile hike on Labor Day. Unbelievable!!!! He's doing fantastic with his second. Just spoke with him this morning, and he's doing great! I still can't believe he had a second one done...and so soon after the first! I love hearing stories of success!!!!
 
Audrey,

Here is hoping the next great success story like that will be yours. Saying prayers and sending thought your way for your upcoming procedure.
 
The horses are beautiful! The photograph is great! You really captured the spirit of them.
Greda
 
Well....I turned 50 yesterday! :hate-shocked: I don't FEEL 50, so I'm gonna just chalk it up to "just a number" from now on!!!!
Went out to dinner with hubby, my Mom, daughter, son-in-law and my best friend and her husband. We headed to my favorite italian place in downtown Bangor. I was soooo looking forward to lasagna and homemade garlic knots! (yummmm!) Well..we got there, and apparently there had been a fire in the kitchen, so we had to alter our plans and head to the irish pub that everybody likes. (I WILL get my lasagna and garlic knots!) I decided I would leave "Peg" at home, so I wore my knee brace that allows flexion. Oh, what a big mistake that was! I think we were sitting for about 2 hours, and when I went to get up, I could not put any weight on my knee/leg at all. Kinda freaked me out, to say the least. Of course...lots of stabbing pain in the tendon area behind the knee, but I had a burning pain directly below my kneecap. How embarassing to be "carried" out of the restaurant, through the bar, and out through the lobby! I'm a little confused as to why so much pain and the inability to walk, but today is a little better. "Peg" isn't pulling her weight lately...I'm not walking and getting around as well as I used to a month ago. Good thing surgery is just around the corner! I'm not hoping for a miracle here, only answers....but if the good fairy is listening....I could use you right now!
 
Audrey,

Thoughts and prayers going your way, sure hope this solves all the problems for you. Hang in and please keep us up-to-date with how things are going.
 
Too bad about the knee being naughty when you were out celebrating your birthday. That stinks big time! I was trying to think about which Italian restaurant you like in Bangor, but can't think ?? I don't tend to go downtown a whole lot to eat.

What does Dr. K want to achieve from your surgery? Is he thinking that you'll be able to bend your knee again or will it be permanently fixed in a straight position? I read back over your posts, but maybe I'm dense or possibly just so overtired that it won't sink in....

I am looking forward to hearing about your recovery. Thinking positive thoughts for you!
 
Audrey:
Best of luck to you on this next part of your journey.
Sending good vibe thoughts to you and your surgeon.
Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom