THR London Recovery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@miaow27 I know. Those hard spots are painful! I would find the spot, then put most of the weight on my arms and slowly let the weight shift to my leg until most all of it was on the leg and just sink into it. OUCH!
 
Yes thanks for the info on the rollers. I love mine too.

Glad you are doing well @miaow27
 
[Bonesmart.org] London Recovery.....
Hope you have a great day, @miaow27.
 
@bottomshollow , thank you- so kind of you and yes I have had a lovely day. Went to the Matisse exhibition at the Tate Modern, lots of walking and looking...coped well.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Here is my 4 month update....
I had been finding working three days in a row, going to the gym and trying to do my exercises all a bit too much. I think it kind of crept up on me gradually getting worse , affecting sleep, pain getting worse not better moan moan moan

Someone at work said I looked 'contorted'
my other half's mum said to him I must get my limp sorted out...
Was trying to ease the tight ITB down my leg with rolling affected leg on foam roller but could really not stand doing it for long - awful pain. And we hippies know about pain don't we?

Another colleague recommended a private physio her husband went to when he had a new knee. He went private and that is the physio they use.
I am an NHS patient. Anyway I went on fri. It was great. She found the pain and worked on an area just above my outside knee. I think she thought I would be a woos as I went in with a speech about how I wasn't doing exercises that hurt me.
It hurt at around 4/10 but went imnediately she stopped.
She said she thought that my ITB and knee had been doing a lot of the work of my glutes and thigh muscles before surgery. The soft tissue around my knee is angry (inflamed?) So I think I understand more now where the pain is coming from. Since then I have felt straighter and better.
I bought a tool to massage the I T B band - 3 spikey balls on a stick. Have new nice exercises including some squats and things are looking much more positive. (Dr Toonz how are you doing?)

The physio said to use my stick when tired and not to see using it as failure - it is better to walk with a good gait than hobble along ( as I do when tired).
Any way I hope this might help some people. Have a good day, friends :) Gill
Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@JoeL the knee and calf pain you talk about sounds similar to mine.
Mine came back last night (too much walking in the day??) I am resting now. Did a bit of cycling and elliptical in the gym. I will try toots a picture of the roller I got from the physio.
I wish I could make this pain go away again( like after I had been to physio on Fri) the worst part is the sleep disturbance. Any thoughts anyone? @Jaycey ?



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Here is the roller...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] London Recovery.....
    uploadfromtaptalk1399898748285.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom