- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,924
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
United States

United States
Hi Diane,Hi @Diane60,
I read your last post, I can certainly understand your feelings, especially since this has been such a difficult experience with all that you have been through with multiple dislocations and surgeries.
Your situation is unique. We all are individuals. So, my experience might not be useful to you, but I did find reading how others approached their recoveries helpful to me and still do. I struggle with uncertainty. When I was a couple of months out from surgery, while I was glad for those members who wrote about how over time (months) they definitely improved and recovered, I wondered and worried a lot if this would apply to me, would I get better?
To deal with frustration and uncertainty and pain, I lean on my faith and I sought professional advice from highly trained medical experts.
I am now at 7 months from my right hip replacement. My gratitude is immense. I still worry. My pelvis still sometimes tilts. I just saw my OS, for many many months my LLD was around 3/4 to one inch. It is now 3 mm.
United States
United States
United States
United States
United Kingdom
. Great to read that you're finally home and so happy to be there. I would have thought that just coping on your own would be plenty of additional exercise for you at present! I was gradually becoming more independent then in March, at the start of lockdown here in the UK, I had to fend for myself. It was difficult, and not how I'd envisaged my recovery.Please don’t question your recovery timeline. You’ve been through a lot and it‘s only just a little over four months since your last surgery. Hang in there and look forward to feeling stronger and steadier as you continue healing.
United States
United States
United Kingdom
Well that's really good news.the x-rays for my "new" hips look good.
... and the not so good. Do you have a PT's opinion on this?I just don't have the mobility to lift my leg while standing
United Kingdom
United States