THR Life in the fast (swim) lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BusterBeans Thank you so much! I cannot believe that the date that was so far away is finally here.
I pray that it goes exactly the same as hip number 1. I even requested the same anesthesia team. Otherwise
the ortho nurse specialist says they can follow the records from first surgery and see what meds worked the best.
Keep in mind that I do not get back on right away after surgery, but I will be back to report my progress later on.

@gertie goes in too tomorrow! She is well prepared all the way around like I was the first time.

Also, haven't heard a peep from @Krista also originally scheduled for Oct. 27th. Hmm...Hope she is okay!
 
I'm great, @SwimGirl! My sister will come over today and help me finish up my packing for hospital and rehab. I'm going to put some Halloween candy in the rehab bag, as well as some battery operated purple and orange lights to decorate my rehab room with! Otherwise, I am just sitting around relaxing and looking forward to tomorrow. It's gloomy and cold, so that makes it easier to be going to the hospital - won't be missing any of whatever pretty weather we have left. Going to start my new recovery thread today, but don't know when I'll feel up to posting on there after the op. I know we will post when we can! All my good wishes to you and @gertie, too! Crossing my fingers for all of us who are having surgery this month!
 
@Krista Wow! That is right! You will be in rehab for Halloween! Love the candy and light plan of action.
Very Cool! Good wishes to you and @gertie also! Don't know when I will be posting online either. Takes me
a while to get going. Well, Here we go girls!!!!!
 
@SwimGirl -
I cannot believe that the date that was so far away is finally here.
- yes, finally here. So happy for you and our lovely @Krista (just love that style, decorating with colour lights. Brilliant!) :good-bad:
And @gertie - how lovely you are one of a set of triplets. That mutual support is such a bonus. :friends:
We'll all watch out for you, just post when you're ready and know we're all rooting for you.:cheers:
 
All done diving in second surgical pool.Yeah! It really helps to know the preop swim team.
Thankfully they are organized and efficient. I was familiar with the OR shark team too!
Feeling really good after one day there and home already today. No nausea, no pain,
But lots of inflation of my left upper fin. Icing and elevating for next few days! Plan to watch
Finding nemo tonite! Just keep swimming.....
 
Congrats on a successful surgery. On to a continued successful recovery @SwimGirl
 
Thank you @ CarieM It seems that I have already forgotten the energy zap from my first surgery on my right hip
Just last month on Sept. 1st. Not really pain but discomfort due to the inflammation. Ice bag is your best friend the first weeks or so. This too shall pass! Thanks for your support!
 
Hello @Tweetybrd I see you are always there to offer an encouraging word to those having surgery. Thanks so much. That is wonderful that you are keeping up with so many on this site! I know that I really appreciate the support!
 
Congrats @SwimGirl and home already. Take it slow and easy! Wow two new ones! Hope everything is going swimmingly! :angel: Big hugs!
 
Hurray for you @SwimGirl! Home already! I stand amazed. Hope it continues to go this well for you.

I am still in hospital until my blood pressure stabilizes higher. Love this hospital experience-difference between night and day with my THR. But I feel great, and am in no hurry to leave.

May you get restful sleep tonight and have a good day tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@SwimGirl I hope you are doing well this morning. I only want great outcomes for everyone, but I also am learning what to do and what not to do as my surgery gets closer from all of you. It is a win, win! :)
 
@SwimGirl I merged your threads as per this request One thread for your recovery please?

It is so much easier to be able to help you and give you the advice you need when we are able to easily see when your surgery was, what other issues you may have had, and what has been going on in your recovery just by looking at one thread instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more other threads.
 
So happy that things are going so well for you!


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@SwimGirl hope everything is going well for u and the other triplets :-) . i am on day 5 of post and getting so much great info from all of you so thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom