Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Thank you for sharing this, @SCaprae. I'm glad that overall you say the outcome is good and wish you continued healing.

The thing about these prosthetic joints...my surgeon's PA reminded me, is that they will never match our natural ones, but do get pretty close. You've been through A LOT with that hip so I'm not too surprised you have a little residual effect. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be stopping you from living your best life, which is fantastic. :egypdance:

Wishing you all the best in the New Year! Thanks for taking the time to share a more in depth update. :)
Stay in touch!
@SCaprae

Truth be told majority of us have these hiccups along the way. I can go days and feel 100% fine, don't even think about hip then, BANG, hip reminds me it's there and needs/wants my attention.
Not enough to slow me down just a little ache or pain that quickly resolves.
Enjoyed your update & love the pics of your GSD!
All my best for 2024.

Hello! @SCaprae I was advised by Layla of BoneSmart to reach out to you. I had a Total Knee Replacement on Jan 18, 2023. I did so well, but in October, pain returned and continually got worse. I was informed last week that I have a bad infection and the surgeon who did my TKR does not do revisions. I am an established patient at Mayo/Rochester, but not for a TKR. Layla mentioned that you had your THR Revision done at Mayo and I would very much like to know if you could share who your Mayo surgeon was and were you pleased with his expeience and the outcome of your revision process. My local ortho surgeon referred me to a surgeon in Sioux City due to the fact that they are associates of the CNOS group in Sioux City. I am meeting with him on the 15th, and will hopefully receive answers to my many questions. However, I believe I would be more comfortable having it done at Mayo. Thank you and am grateful for any information you can share with me.
@Layla

Last edited:
I have replied to you w/ a private message, let me know if it did not get through.
Update on my biggest complaint. I have been using accupuncture for the past 5+ years and finally communicated more accurately exactly what/where it hurt. Treatment was modified (different point(s) aimed towards the ligament. Cautiously optimistic and “Wow”. I actually was favoring it for a couple days after treatment until I realized that it had improved/ kind of like “hollering in case it hurts” when receiving an unexpected fall or bump. My treatment interval is 3 weeks & I’m anxious to see what the next provides.

Good morning all,
We’ve returned from a month in Green Valley Az. & all is well. Daily (almost) use of the swimming pools available has increased range of motion along with overall wellbeing. It’s good to be back at my “puddle” & already have begun demolition of the kitchen in preparation for cupboards & cabinets that are nearly ready for installation. Ruby also enjoyed the trip but was glad to return, see her Gray Kitty. Off the the Dentist and have my pre-procedure antibiotics “on board”

Hey, Hey :wave:
So good to see your update this morning! Thanks for stopping by.
A month vacay...WOW:xmark: I'll bet you enjoyed, your time in AZ, but there is no place like home. The reno sounds exciting and I'm sure you'll both love the new kitchen.

Good luck with the dentist...not any fun, but you have the Spring / Summer 2024 to look forward to with time in your man cave and on the water.
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!
@SCaprae

Happy Six YEAR Anniversary since the last surgery.
Can't believe it's been that long. :) :happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom