Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Love a fire. Very good for mental health...smells heavenly too.
Glad you are healing.
Sending good mojo your way.:)
 
2 weeks post op today! While not "pain free" this is the more palatable of hip procedures to date. Have backed off pain meds( 1/2 tab each 12 hours from 1 every 4 ). While continuing with acetaminophen (2-500mg each 6 hours & 1-325mg aspirin every 12 hours ). Prior to Dr visits leading to surgery, I had made several visits for accupuncture (unrelated issue). Had 2 accupuncture visits at home since returning after surgery, latest yesterday. In my opinion I saw better results from yesterday's. While I am not advocating for this type of treatments, I did see benefits (even if it is in my head) . We should all keep an open mind, strive to learn from all available sources.
 
Glad your recovery is going well! I've had acupuncture many times for lower back issues. Worked for me as well!
 
It's wonderful to hear this has been one of your better recoveries...
Loving that the acupuncture felt beneficial. Whatever safely gets you through.
I hope your night is peaceful!
@SCaprae
 
Glad you are open to getting better however you can get there.
Hope your evening is peaceful.
Too late for mine...life's annoyances.
No one stuck a needle in me, but they sure did pop my balloon.
Let's all make a fire:heehee:
 
Woke to 5.5" of fresh snow w/ twice that expected tomorrow. Going to light the fire in garage so that my good neighbor can warm/ dry off snow removal equipment after clearing our yards & that of another elderly neighbor. Weekly home nurse visit completed & things going OK.
 
Almost two weeks post 1st stage.
Oh my stars :umm: for the snow still.
We had 4 inches in Georgia a few months ago and the whole region went on hiatus.
We don't know what to do...well, Yea, we do. We shut down all work, no-one can drive, and we make hot chocolate and play in it.
Sounds like you are trying to remain patient...(like there's alot of choices!)
Wishing you a cozy afternoon by the wood stove.:) :-) (:
 
Last edited:
Had an additional 6" overnight and that is cleaned up as well. Was feeling so good that I thought I would sit on the atv & push some of it around (couldn't help myself/feeling useless), no damage done but reclining with both legs up & "paying the price" waiting for the race to start in Atlanta.
 
Oh, oh, was somebody misbehaving a teeny tiny bit? :no-fin:
Hope you didn't suffer too badly after your atv plowing.
Consider icing preventativly after your adventures, if you're not doing so.
Better yet, behave :heehee:
Hope the race was good. Hope your week is going well!
@SCaprae
 
Three weeks today & I am feeling better each day. Yes, I was testing my limits, stopped soon enough and was mildly uncomfortable for a day or so. The incision was closed with dissolving sutures, a tape applied over the area that sees the most movement. That tape came off yesterday, most of the surface sutures are no longer visible. Healing very nicely. Half way thruPICC line course of treatment (pain in right femur and socket have been absent since day of surgery) with no issues. Swelling issues also subsided, will switch to crutches (full time) after PICC line removed. Biggest issue now is the 60 pound weight bearing limit on the spacer (I'll quit whining someday). Sundays race is in Vegas.
 
Congrats on 3 weeks!
It's wonderful to hear you're feeling better each day.
I guess we don't know our limitations at times unless we test them. I'm glad you didn't push it too far
and that you bounced back quickly.

You're hardly whining! Look at all you've been through. It's generous of you to take the time to share your experience. We're all learning from it. I'll bet your story and updates put things into perspective for many when we're whining about things must less significant than what you're forced to deal with. So whine on!

It's wonderful your pain is gone and there's no swelling. Sounds like you're doing well!
I hope you have a great weekend. Enjoy the Vegas race on Sunday!
@SCaprae
 
Sunday morning, moving about more and regaining muscle tone that had "diminished" while taking it easy. Some discomfort, but is muscle/ tissue related (as opposed to surgery/procedure) getting stronger right along. Having some friends over to watch the race. Snacks & maybe a Bloody Mary in the warm garage. Good week/weekend so far. Forecast is for rains turning to heavy wet snow tonite and to tomorrow (southern Minnesota).
 
Sounds like you're doing well!
Hope your day is great. Hope your Bloody is weak. We don't need any tripping and falling now :bignono:
Enjoy the race in your warm man cave with friends.

Looks like I'm in the same general area as you. Was just raining then sleeting about an hour ago.
Five - Eight inches of snow in the forecast. Enough already :tantrum:

Happy healing!
@SCaprae
 
Hi @SCaprae
How did you handle the race?
Any worse for wear? Hopefully not.....
The beginning of another week as you continue to soldier on.
Inspirational for sure.....hope your week is good!
 
Enjoyed a pleasant afternoon yesterday socializing w/ friends in garage (Camo recliner courtesy of neighbor). Most of the swelling along the length of the incision has declined, but sitting too long is not recommended. Accupuncture appointment tomorrow, stop @ employers HR (assistance w/long term claim) office followed w/ lunch with coworkers.
 
It's great to hear you enjoyed the race with friends, while in the Camo recliner.
Wonderful news the swelling is decreasing :thumb:
Hope your visit with the acupuncturist goes well....and good luck with your HR meeting tomorrow.
Lunch with co-workers sounds fun. I'm sure they miss you at work. Enjoy!!
You're going to need a nap after all that :yawn: :sleep:
@SCaprae
 
You sound to be doing wonderfully and enjoying every moment,so pleased things are going so well, have a happy day.x
 
Exciting life you've got right now, eh?
This patience is going to pay off...
Stay sane!
I'm rooting for you.
 
Took another step forward (with assistance from employers HR dept) in the process of filing/ receiving long term disability claim(have paid premiums for years w/o needing). Have been off work since September and started this after 12 week eligibility period, they're eager to collect premiums but not "quick" to pay claims. Enjoyed visiting/catching up w/ coworkers and was more active yesterday than I had been since surgery. Muscles are"reporting in" this morning (especially the right rear cheek) but returning them to use/service is part of the healing process and to be expected. Not unbearable. Next appointment w/Surgeon is 3/18/18 to see how things are going and discuss the next step toward another set of right hip parts & return to "normal"(or should I say the "new normal"). Here we go!
 
Hope your day is easy...Yay for surgeon appointment and hopefully getting on to stage 2..
Best wishes.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom