Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Well @SCaprae you have been through quite a journey and with more steps to go yet. I just read your entire thread and I'm exhausted! But so glad for you that things appear to be going well. You'll get the hang of those crutches. Just be careful going up and down stairs. The PT will show you how. And to have the anti-biotic line gone. I hope they feel they can take the port out too. I hung anti-biotics for my late husband; we laughed how I hung them from a plant hook. One of them came packed in ice which was a surprise. . .me rushing around trying to make room for the huge pack those little vials came in before they were mixed. Not fun and games but not the end of the world either at the time. Good days ahead for you.

I know what you mean about dark clouds, rainbows and silver linings. It's all in how you look at it and how you choose to see it. I wish you the very best in the coming weeks. So pleased to hear your grand daughter is well again. Children can scare the life out of you.

Take good care. Enjoy your fire and your races and your corned beef. But as Layla says, "Behave"!
 
Lunch was a success, fed 16 w/o any complaints. No safety meeting scheduled, maybe another day. Accupuncture done & feeling good. Just waiting for the weekly home nurse visit. While at work I found that a coworkers brother (age 57) had developed blood clots 2 weeks after THR surgery (same surgeon who did my first hip, developed staph infection) and suffered cardiac arrest & passed. Not good news, my heart goes out to their family. Kind of puts a new perspective on things.
 
So pleased things are on the up for you, you certainly deserve it what a hard journey but once those antibs are on the way out it certainly makes you feel better. You sound to be a wiz in the cooking, the thought of cooking for that many makes me tremble! Have a peaceful weekend, we have snow coming here again, mixed with daffodils!xx
 
Very sad news regarding coworkers brother @SCaprae.

Glad to hear the lunch overall was a success.
 
Yahoo for your lunch being a success. WHAT....no safety meeting?!
Oh well, there's always another Friday.
Hope your home visit with the nurse went well today.

That sure is sad news you heard while with your co-workers.
My heart goes out to his family too, 57 is too young to lose a dad, brother, son, husband. Just Awful!
Hope you have a good night, after your good day!
@SCaprae
 
Oh my stars...new perspective, I'd say!
Horrible...
Can't remember when you said your next stage would be done but I will be glad when you are all done and on to forever well.
Hope your day is a Good Day!
 
Dr appointment done: all is looking good as anticipated. X-rays, labs. Should have PICC line removed on Thursday (3-22-18) followed by six weeks w/o antibiotics. Next appointment scheduled for May 9 at which we will discuss date for the next surgery or leave the spacer in place for a bit. Have had the 60 pound weight restriction removed, can begin to transition to 1 crutch and eventually a cane and see how things go. All in all a very good day!
 
Wow - sounds like you are making real progress! Role on May 9 to get that op scheduled!
 
Yay, and Yay some more. @SCaprae !
Nice to have good news!
Slow but steady...onward!:tada:
 
Yahoo for you! :yay:What a wonderful day, I'll bet
Thanks for sharing...I'm happy for you.:happydance:
Enjoy the week.
@SCaprae
 
Old dog, new trick: believe that I've gotten a taste of what a hip dislocation/partial dislocation feels like. It takes your breath away. Was very happy that I was able to put my socks on by myself (w/o appliance) though it did "pull" a little on the right side. Next sat in a chair to pull my boots on to go out to the car, when I pulled the right side "something moved". Took my breath away for a moment. Almost felt as if the hip returned to position. Range of motion unaffected though it was a bit tender the rest of the day. This morning it's a bit stiff. Note to self "don't do that"!! Will modify the way I put socks on. Making plans to visit friends in SW Arizona for a week or so and escape the spring snows, and mud that melting brings.
 
You're right....don't do that! :no-fin: Ouchie!
Hope you're able to get to AZ. Sounds wonderful!
A great rest of the week to you.
@SCaprae
 
Not much doing right now. Did a bit of clothes shopping(blue jeans) before having a tooth extracted yesterday. In dealing w/ the hip I had thought it was just temperature sensitive , after removal it is clear that it was aching for some time. Appointment to remove PICC line is this morning and I will be one step closer to recovery. Next objective is 6 weeks out!
 
Clothes shopping = :happydance:(I'm a girl)
Tooth extraction = :groan:

PICC Line Removal = :egypdance:

Is it time for a safety meeting yet? :cheers:
@SCaprae
 
The good old geographical cure!:SUNsmile:
Stay safe...:yes:
 
There's always NASCAR, the recliner in the garage and the neighbor :wink:
Just a little "safe" at home practice before the safety meeting :beer:
Hope your weekend is good! :heehee:
@SCaprae
 
Will miss the race tomorrow. Heading to Green Valley Arizona early tomorrow morning (thru the aftermath of today's snowfall that is south of us). Will be a 2 day drive, delivering the neighbors grandson back to his home in Kansas City. Also will be visiting friends in Albuquerque NM on the return& following Route 66 on the way back. I make an excellent tourist (better than when I was younger on motorcycle trips).
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom