Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Cookie is at home, glad to be. Dealing w/ drainage from the incision. Home Nurse is scheduled to be there later today. They replaced only the cup with the “retained” style.

Vincent Van Gogh

Attachments

• 2F2AA8E0-2F9D-46D6-AA98-56AA9174F91E.jpeg
    2F2AA8E0-2F9D-46D6-AA98-56AA9174F91E.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 292
Uh oh!
Bummer, dude:heehee:

How is Cookie doing? Hopefully her incision stops draining soon.
How are you holding up in all this craziness? Strange times indeed.
Be safe, stay well. :)
@SCaprae

Touched base w/ Cookie, things are progressing though not as rapidly as she would like. Some drainage still going on (diminishing, clearer in color), no redness or signs of infection, but still requiring dressing changes(less frequently). Patience is “wearing thin”. No indications of dislocation noted (thank goodness). Hanging in there.

I’m sure she gets impatient and who could blame her? No one since it’s been a long and discouraging time for her. I hope she continues to do well and the incision dries up soon.
@SCaprae

Visited w/ Cookie some, she is doing much better. Biggest complaint is pain in and around the cup, ball site (saw the most “manipulation”). Still some drainage, but diminishing. She is feeling much better, we joked a bit about the appropriate “send off” for her brace.

It is good she’s hanging in there and able to laugh. It’s been a long haul.
I hope she continues to see good progress!
Another month and you’ll be at the two yr. point for your revision. :happydance:
Have a good week!
@SCaprae

Damn! Bad new for my friend Cookie. Rapid trip back to United ICU, Staph infection, low BP. No visitation (sign of the times). Waiting for Labs to see what is most effective (I hope, am talking w/her husband). Thinking she must get away from these folks(Mayo).

:sad: oh no....hate to hear this.
Hope you are doing okay, my friend.
Continued prayers for Cookie.:praying:

Ugh! How discouraging. I’m so sorry to read this news. It certainly would be difficult to stay positive in light of all she’s been through. I hope she takes comfort in the victory you’ve experienced in battling infection. I believe I would find it encouraging to have someone close who could relate and has moved beyond such a depressing set-back. I sure wish she’d join us for support, or at the very least to read of others successes in dealing with the same. Prayers for healing and her emotional well-being.
Please keep us posted.
Wishing you a happy Sunday!
@SCaprae

Cookie is home w/ PICC line and continued drainage from incision. Very weak, watching for sepsis. Her resolve is still there, though it’s taken a beating. Going to drop off some (fresh from the puddle) Crappie, Sunfish fillets while observing social distancing.

Thankfully Cookie is hanging in there mentally / emotionally. This entire situation has to be stressful. Obviously you can relate having been there yourself. Nice of you to bring her some fish. Hopefully they enjoyed it.
Happy Wednesday to you!
@SCaprae

Had a long visit w/ Cookie’s has husband today. Things have not improved, drainage, weight loss, pain continuing and depression. Advocated strongly for a change of care providers (actually made him a bit angry). No progress w/ the current regimen & what seems to me a bit of “indifference” on their part. Wish I could be if more assistance.

How incredibly sad. I’m sorry to hear this. I’m sure your friend feels totally helpless and is terribly frustrated watching his wife suffer. I certainly understand, Cookie, being depressed as this has dragged on for almost five months with one disappointment after another.

I’m surprised they aren’t more open to seeking a second opinion given all she’s experienced. I’m sure at this point she is wishing she never had the surgery. Out of concern and in an effort to help, you’ve made the suggestion, it’s all you can do. Hopefully they think it over, make a change, or things begin looking up.
@SCaprae

Happy Friday!
Congrats on two years since your revision. :)
@SCaprae

Two years, @SCaprae :yahoo:
So glad you are doing well, friend.

There are so many unsettling and sad situations made worse by this wretched virus.
I too hate feeling helpless when those I care about are suffering.
Continuing to pray for Cookie and hope that her husband can help her her to a different care team to be focusing on her recovery.
Hope your Saturday is sweet.

Went fishing from the dick w/ Grandson [HASH=46]#2,[/HASH] had a great day. My good neighbor also was on his dock.
Grandson caught his first perch & between the 3 of us we need to clean a mess of dummies , crappies.
13B62E5C-4CA8-493C-8CDD-DDCE2FE59AAD.jpeg
B48AF241-8AA6-4137-8676-D86C4B45ED51.jpeg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member