TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

thanks @Pheebs52 ~ i would have to drive to a pool, which is what i might just do once Chloe is back to school. ahhh so that flamingo style pose you mentioned is similar to one of my home exercises, called "modified jumping jack" (no jumping though): stand in good posture. raise your left arm and right leg laterally. repeat on the other side; 5 reps; hold 15 seconds, but i only hold 10 seconds before my leg starts to shake. maybe that is meant to strengthen my quads. i'm able to do this one quite well on my kitchen floor, which is cork, in bare feet, while i'm waiting for the kettle to boil or cooking. i also do the mini squats there. actually i have 2 more i just noticed that say right there in print they are for the quads but for some reason i didn't catch on...duh! "quads stretch on chair" and "eccentric quad strengthening in steps" (which melissa told me not to start just yet).

i would love to go to a pool though ~ will have to find a quiet one or adult hours. of course i would love to ride my bike...sigh...that will come soon i hope. thanks for your reply and suggestions. i just finished making a potato salad for the party tomorrow. hubby bought pre-formed sliders and hot dogs, wine, cheap champagne, snacks, made a home made from scratch chocolate cake (handed down from his grandmother, to mother, to us and to my daughter) and my sister is making a salad. hope you're having this wonderful, pleasant weather that we've been having. turned off the a/c a few days ago and no humidity. enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Liam, the *flamingo* is definitely for quad strengthening and it's easy! If your leg starts to shake, put it down. Just hold it as long as you can, rest it, then repeat.

Oooh, I love cheap bubbly, lol, and the cake sounds right up my alley as well! It should be a great party, especially since you'll have the right weather for it; enjoy! Try not to exhaust yourself though, eh? Park yourself in a comfy chair and let others jump up to get things.:SUNsmile:

We've been chilly for a few days, so no A/C needed. I think it was only 67 today and dry. Tomorrow will be clear and around 75; I'll take it. :SUNsmile: We're thinking of taking the dogs somewhere tomorrow, so it'll be my first outing walking Nemo post-surgery. As such, I'm choosing a flat, paved waterfront trail that has lots of seating along the way. The Princess is just too wild for me right now; hah! Actually, always, lol.

Time for me to get in bed and pick a new book.
 
lucky you ~ a waterfront trail and able to read a book! enjoy your walk with Nemo ~ just be alert for any distractions and you'll be fine.:dogwalk:
 
Hi @liam2015 maybe you can find a pool near you that has deep water aquafit classes. I have gone to a few here in Kitchener. They are mornings, all senior types, many with canes and walkers. You wear a bouancy belt and just do the moves you can. I can't do some of the leg exercises that have a lot of knee bending but I just " bicycle kick" in the deep water until they are done. They also do some upper body and arm work. I have found it a bit easier to work in the deep water as there is no contact with a floor or wall!
 
thank you @Canada35 ~ that sounds like something i (and my knee) would like, especially in the deep water. my friend and i went to aquafit classes on one of our girls' getaway vacations in the caribbean and we loved it. only problem it was so hot with the sun so strong (not really a problem per se lol). i will start looking for the fall. thanks for the tip.
 
i agree ~ to heck with sending us to physiotherapy ~ send us to a spa instead. great idea:idea: @mechellec. we'd all probably recover better and it would cost the health system less money in the long run.
 
haha ruby yarn ~ that actually sounds like a good exercise. i love floating on my back ~ leg in the air and synchronized clunking worth a try!
 
OMG, this is hilarious! Synchronized clunking with wine or mojito in hand sounds like just the thing for all of us. I'm sure we can all raise a non-clunking leg while at it. Now, who can develop this program for us? :scratch: Where can we take up residence? Ibiza? Antigua? Hawaii? :unsure: Could it be funded through our tax dollars in lieu of_______? <Insert favorite tax peeve>
 
I love the idea of a get-together! It would be so fun to meet all of you in person, especially because I already feel like I know your personalities. It gives me goosebumps to think about how we have come together over one thing we all share. Doesn't matter that we are from all walks of life, living all over the world, with different family situations, different professions, etc. We're creating a community - which is really special!
 
@liam2015, I hope the backlash from the party didn't cause you too much pain!
I am also not very good at asking for what I need, it is just so enjoyable when someone breezes in, fills my water jug, empties the garbage, refills my ice coolers and then asks - can I get you anything?
I melt.
But our helpers are not all such mind readers and can't even interpret the sighs and little moans. I am steeling myself to be better at this, because I have some challenging weeks ahead !
 
@Happydale !
Right on the money, your comment about our community. It is really something big, getting to know on another through this experience !
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom