Guest viewing is limited

TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

I'm jealous of yall that get special treatment at Pt. I just have no desire to go this second time around bc all they do is exercises. I can do everything they do at home. But I dont, bc it's too soon. So there's zero incentive to go. If they massaged or did some techniques to help muscle aches or basically anything but..."now do 2sets of 10 leg raises" etc then I'd be motivated to go. But wrangling 3 kids, driving 20 mins each way and taking 2 hrs out of my husband's work day to do exercises I can do in my living room? Nah.
 
that's too bad @Jennszoo ~ the treatments feel good, even the massage over the incision (once it was healed), the thigh and calf. i don't blame you for not going if they just tell you what exercises to do, especially since you've already done it once. i haven't even done any exercises at physio, other than the bike for 5 minutes. the physiotherapist said she would start on strengthening exercises once i reach around 110 degrees...not sure if i'll continue though after that since paying privately.
 
Yeah. It's a warm up, the stretching machine (which I like) and then exercises. Nothing else. I got estim to wake up my dead quad last time. But this time, didn't need that. I am naturally pretty bendy so rom isn't a concern, so they went straight to hard stuff - standing leg lifts, etc. At 8days out. So uh...no.
 
So great that Liam was well behaved and everyone loved him. Im sure it was a stress relief that he was so good.
It sounds like you had fun, and that's exactly what you needed.
Congratulations on the increased rom,
It sounds like your doing terrific.
 
So glad things are going well @liam2015 - and wish @Jennszoo had a better opportunity for good PT - it makes a big difference. Sounds like you had a good trip Liam -- I expect it will take a couple of days to recover from all the sitting.
 
thanks @Mister ~ i was very stressed out about taking Liam but hubby thinks everyone should love and adore him. he is a real handful, at the same time, gentle and sweet, completely non-aggressive ~ everyone wants to pet him. i thought for sure we'd get the line "you're welcome to come back but please don't bring the dog". i'm happy my r.o.m. is increasing, slow as it may be! @kmak81230, yes time for me to recover ~ it's been a busy week.
 
Sounds like you are doing great and you also have the perfect attitude. Hope you get some nice downtime this weekend.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
thanks @mechellec and @knit2tog ~ i hope so ~ just found out hubby invited family members over for a barbecue on sunday to celebrate my son's birthday which was on july 11th but he was on vacation then. hoping the weather holds out. have a fabulous weekend everyone! thanks for all the tips and support.
 
I hope you're up for the barbecue tomorrow. Let you hubby do most of the work since he's the one who invited everyone and just sprang it on you! Take today off so you can be prepared for tomorrow.
 
@liam2015, wow, what a trip! My knee is throbbing just reading about the travel time, never mind all the sitting around a kitchen table with the leg down; yikes! I'm also cringing over the uncomfortable theatre chairs as well...ugh! But, you did it and survived; brava!

I'm so proud of Prince Liam getting a return invitation; good dog!:dogsniff:

I schedule my PT on Mon and Thur for just the reason you stated and it seems to work very well. Like you, I only do one set of home exercises and maybe that's why we are ROM laggards, but honestly, I don't think so. I do perform the dreaded heel slides more often, at random, and a new one for flexion that's very easy and involves gravity. I just think we are both slowly, progressing tortoises, inching forward, and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that.:friends:After all, the *scenic route* is lovely and for the most part, pain free!:SUNsmile:
 
I totally hate heel slides!!! Just saying, lol

@Mister i hate the one where you bend your knee backwards.:yikes:
I do perform the dreaded heel slides more often, at random, and a new one for flexion that's very easy and involves gravity.
Ladies, if you do heel slides at all - and they're not compulsory - you only have to do one sort. Choose one that you like and just do that. It's pointless doing several types.

Remember, it's not exercising that gets you your ROM - it's time. Time to recover, time for swelling and pain to settle, and time to heal. Your ROM is there right from the start, just waiting for all that to happen, so it can show itself.
 
So glad your trip went well and you enjoyed the theatre! Each of these outings is like a little badge we earn towards normal life that doesn't revolve around our knees! Good for you!
I am in Ottawa and survived the 6 hour trip nicely in the backseat with my pillows and my ice packs.
My grandson's ball tournament requires a fairly lengthy walk to the diamonds from the parking lot and I concentrated on good walking form. So far so good! Not too much pain in my upgraded knee at all!
Tomorrow we head home and I hope to ride in the same fashion! Yay!
 
so true @Canada35 ~ it all adds up towards normality. that's a long trip but good for you sitting in the back with your pillows and icepacks. we used to drive to Aylmer, Quebec (used to be called) just on the other side of the Ottawa River to visit inlaws ~ such a long drive especially in winter. your grandson is lucky to have a grandma like you cheering him on. have a safe and comfy drive home tomorrow. glad your new knee is holding up.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom