Guest viewing is limited

TKR Leghurts! recovery thread<

Oh I agree, @9 of 11 Biofreeze has the exactly the same effect as Vick but more effective.

@Leghurts! show me where your pain is using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Leghurts! recovery thread<
 
I like Dynamint, works like biofreeze but smells lovely and minty.
 
Surgery date was 3/28/19 TKR

As I said I've had extensive pain in my thigh and my calf. Well things have improved. I still have pain in my thigh but not nearly as bad. The calf pain went away completely. Now a few days ago I was in my backyard not doing much of anything, I was standing and talking and out of the blue I got a severe pain in my calf. It's like a pulled muscle? It only hurts when I take a step and start to extend my leg. It's like a pulled muscle and as I said it only hurts when I walk. Doesn't appear red, it is a little swollen, it's very painful. Any ideas? should I call my Dr? or just give it time.
 
There's no need to call your doctor. He probably won't have any advice to offer anyway!

I've had this myself and all I did was apply this hamstring stretch. Sometimes I had to do it a few times and sometimes only once. But it always worked for the time being and eventually it went away completely.

There are more versions in here Hamstring stretches

[Bonesmart.org] Leghurts! recovery thread<
 
Well I've been resting it and icing the calf, it was not feeling any better. A few minutes ago I walked about 5' in my house and I felt a very painful "POP" in my calf. It hurt very bad. My wife has read that a blood clot in my calf could cause what I'm feeling? She wants me to go to the ER, but I'm not to keen on that idea. I feel like it has to be related to my TKR and the calf muscle must be strained? As for the calf stretch I was doing that until yesterday I read that it shouldn't be stretched, just iced and elevated? I don't mean to sound like a baby, I was just trying to see if this has happened to any of you after a TKR? Thanks all
 
My wife has read that a blood clot in my calf could cause what I'm feeling? She wants me to go to the ER, but I'm not to keen on that idea.

You must like living life on the edge.

Listen, if not for your wife peace of mind, do it for yours, listen to your wife and go to the emergency room.
 
Well I've been resting it and icing the calf, it was not feeling any better.
That won't do the trick. It needs to be stretched.
My wife has read that a blood clot in my calf could cause what I'm feeling? She wants me to go to the ER, but I'm not to keen on that idea.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Better to have that reassurance.
As for the calf stretch I was doing that until yesterday I read that it shouldn't be stretched, just iced and elevated?
And where did you read that? Can you give me the link?
 
I did search on how to care for a possible torn calf muscle yesterday. It said not to stretch it and use crutches to walk to avoid hurting it more. I'm not saying it's correct but the stretching I did numerous times throughout the day's didn't seem to help.
 
You might want to check it out with your primary care doctor. "Feeling a pop" would get me on the phone to check it out, particularly if it is very painful and/or not getting better. But that's just me.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom