Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left One Done 7/31/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine This is my recovery thread and it is not there on my computer:

[Bonesmart.org] Left One Done 7/31/14


Is there a setting or preference somewhere that enables that button?
 
@Josephine I do know how to find my recovery thread and my content. When I said "it is not there on my computer" I was referring to the Tools drop down. Using your link provided this is what it looks like on my computer using Google Chrome (and it does show me logged in):

[Bonesmart.org] Left One Done 7/31/14


The screen capture in my previous post is what my thread looks like in Firefox. I have even tried Internet Explorer and that Tools option never shows up. Does geographic location (me being in the US vs you being in the UK) have anything to do with it?
 
Oh, I never realised that's what you were looking for - sorry! It shouldn't make any difference but somehow it does for you! But it's not the end of the world. If you want your thread title changed, just tag me or one of the staff. We'll happily do it for you.
 
Sorry for the misspell @Josephine :)

Well, today I went to my podiatrist and asked him about the swelling. I was having more swelling on my lower leg. It was also red with a small rash. My Podiatrist seemed to think it may be the start of cellulitis. So now I am on antibiotics for a while. I see my OS next Friday and want to see what he says. I will still take the antibiotics.
 
Rash is long gone:) Asked OS about ligament pain and was prescribed a cream to apply. It is a compound and has a pain reliever and muscle relaxer. It seems to work well.
Getting all set up for Left TKR in four days.
 
Well, I made it through the left one:) Seem to be doing better than the right one. Maybe I knew what to expect. I was in the Rehab facility for 3 weeks and have started Outpatient rehab. Had a couple of issues with the Therapist at the rehab fac. But we got it straightened out quick!!:yes!:

Came home last Friday and started having vertigo issues. GP says it may have been caused by the surgery...something about crystals in the ear. He gave me a prescription and it was resolved within 2 days.

@bottomshollow can you change the title of my thread to "Left one Done 7/31/14" please?
Thanks!!
 
Hello @Krynn49!

I am so glad that the 2nd knee replacement is over and that you are doing so well! It seems like forever since we met in Tenessee! Keep in touch with your progress!:console2:
 
You're off to a good start. Glad the doc was able to get the vertigo issues resolved.
 
What I have observed, one knee does better than the other. I, myself, had issues with my second knee even though I followed the same methodology. I glad it did behave different, because I can relate better to my patients.
David
 
Saw my OS today. He is really pleased with my progress. Here I am almost 7 weeks out and doing good. Using the cane all over but sometimes I forget and find myself walking all around the house:)
Got my rom to 92 on Monday. Still have an issue with the bike. I can't seem to go all the way
around. It is my nemisis :gaah:. But I will conquer it yet!!


Really hate that Fall is coming. Love the warm weather. Oh well.
 
Yay! A good sign when you forget your cane!
 
Another milestone !! I managed to go forwards on the bike today. :happydance: It seemed to get easier the more I pedaled!! I also managed a 100 rom today, which is good foe me!!

Slow and steady wins the race!!!
 
Good news!!! It's great to hear things getting better for you!
 
Can't seem to shake this vertigo. :hairpulling: Just on my right side when I lay in bed. So tired of sleeping on my left side. It started last week and my gp doesn't think it is the crystal thing. He seems to think it is an eustachian tube dysfunction. Told me to take Claritin and gave me a script for fluticasone nasal spray. Supposed to see him again next week. Getting pretty tired of the whole mess:gaah:

In other news, my knee is doing pretty good. Managing the bike much better. ROM seems to fluctuate from 97 to 102. So at 8 weeks, I guess that is pretty good:thumb:
 
Went back to the doc for the Vertigo and he referred me to an ENT doc. She has me going to a special PT person next week. She also prescribed a low dose of Valium twice a day. I really hesitate to start taking it because I have read that it is very addictive. Has anyone ever heard of this med for Vertigo????
Knee is doing good. Riding the bike is interesting. I have more discomfort with my 2year old knee than with the almost three month knee.:shrug: I guess I need to give it more attention.
I am going to re-register for the Y next week. I want to start the Gentle Yoga classes again:) Also, may go to some pool classes.
 
I think you'd be ok with the valium if it is for a short run situation. Hopefully the ENT can help.
 
Saw my Os today. H is pleased with my progress on my new left knee. Had me bend my knee and I told him the last PT session it measured 105. He thinks that it is more like a 115! I will go for that. :loll:
He did say that from the xrays he took today, it looks like the pain I have been dealing with on my 2 yr old right knee may be caused by the plate being off center a little and affecting the IT band. He doesn't feel it is enough to do a revision and said PT may help. I am all for no more surgery!!

I have been going for PT for my Vertigo and it seems like it is better. The ENT doc today had me take a hearing test. It seems my left hear is at 88% and my right ear is at !00%. She says that it is odd that both ears aren't affected. She wants me to go for a MRI to see if there is another problem.

If it's not one thing it's another!:gaah:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom