Guest viewing is limited

How do I change thread title?

@busylizzie and @dogwheels, only admins and mods can change thread titles. All you need to do is tag us, let us know what you want the new title to be, and as soon as we note the tag, we'll make the change. It's just one of the things admins and mods do---part of the job description :yes:.
 
@bottomshollow We could do it ourselves recently by clicking next to the watch thread icon on another one called I think 'other'. This box dropped down and it then allowed you to change your thread title. I think this is how @dogwheels will have been doing it as well. It is gone now. I starting looking for how to do it about the time Foxmyster1967 was posting as he was changing his title 3 or 4 times a week.
 
Thanks @busylizzie - so glad you remembered how it was possible, I had begun to think I was imagining things.
Yes, that was exactly how I did it, and yes, I got the idea from Foxy who was constantly changing his thread title. I think he did it to prevent reprimands for multiple threads and to make sure people read the update.
@Judlepip - I have tagged you in here so that you can read what has been said. Sorry to have misled you on that - evidently we were able to do it for a short while, but not now.
 
Thanks @dogwheels. I shall tag an administrator in time, but can't actually remember now what it was I wanted to ask, necessitating new header! See you on my new thread!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm not sure why you would have had that capability. It is a staff function. But, it is possible that somehow that function was open for a time and the mistake has now been corrected. We're honestly not trying to make things more difficult for members or ourselves. It's just that we've found it a better practice to keep thread titles at our level for better continuity. Titles are a critical search tool and sometimes (especially on older, closed threads) we might alter them so they are more easily found by new members who come on and do a search for a specific topic.
 
@bottomshollow got great news today please can you change my thread title to ' Stage 2 here I come at last, fingers crossed for 2nd June' Thank you
 
@busylizzie.....I see bottomshollow changed your title for you. We're happy to do that anytime! But....it would be easier if you would post what you want the new title to be in the thread itself. That way we don't have to hunt for it.....thanks!!!!
 
@sandee, I do not know the answer, so I will tag @Josephine for you. Since she is in the UK, you will probably not get an answer until tomorrow.

Thank you.

I await for @Josephine and for her response. She has always always been helpful to me and is very well educated on the topic of THR. thank you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The box may have been visible to you, but if it was it was a system problem. Xenforo is our operating system for BoneSmart. And, sandee......please check your profile (blue box where your avatar is). You have been a member on BoneSmart since November 5, 2013. I'm sorry you were confused by seeing the Thread Tools box.
 
This thread has been cleaned of unnecessary posts
 
@busylizzie and @dogwheels, only admins and mods can change thread titles. All you need to do is tag us, let us know what you want the new title to be, and as soon as we note the tag, we'll make the change. It's just one of the things admins and mods do---part of the job description :yes:.

Thank you for changing my thread title.
 
There still seems some confusion on who can change thread titles. I've seen 2 posts this week where we've been told to go to 'thread tools' and change it ourselves. The latest one from Josephine today on 'https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/getting-ready-for-the-second-one.15548/page-5' where she says

"Still, I'm here now. -I changed your thread title but you can do it yourself. Just look for "Thread tools" at the top of the page."

I've just checked my thread and 'Thread tools' isn't there. I'm still happy to tag to get the thread title changed but i thought I should point this discrepency out.
 
@Josephine Could you change the title of my thread from "beginning week five" which is no longer accurate, to "No Longer an April Fool"

I couldn't find the thread tools either.

Thanks.
 
The thread tools are found in a button at the top right of any screen in your thread. I'll change the title for you, though.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom