THR Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoohoo!! Hear you did well. That is happy news. Keeping you in my thoughts and looking forward to your post-op postings when you're up to it!!:flwrysmile:
 
:flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
This is as close as I can come to a virtual flower arrangement using the available smilies, but I sure hope things are going well for you! Looking forward to hearing from you! Cheering you on via internet :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
 
Heard from Merry's daughter and Merry is doing very well :)
 
Merry,
Glad to hear you are doing well!:flwrysmile: Looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Hi Merry

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Love & best wishes
Kiwi Diane
 
It's been months. I had an anterior replacement on January 18 2013 and just have not felt social enough to get on. Had both sets of precautions for 4 weeks..and just anterior precautions for 3 months. Spent longer time in rehab..3 weeks with one hip than I did with BTKR. Hip definitely not as bad as knees but here I am at a bit over 16 weeks still on meds..and my knees are so painful. PT thinks its patellar mal tracking and we are taping but the knees are interfering with my hip rehab. This is NOT what I asked for.
Someone told me that Sonja was having these issues so I will find her posts.

I also had cerclage wires placed. No fracture..just used prophalacticly as I could not be non weight bearing in case of a fracture.
I feel guilty not doing my Medicare updates (USA)..there are many and they are on my to do list for this week.
I see so many new faces.

The laugh is that I started a thread before my surgery in the post op section..something like I feel great...
Not exactly how I feel..but it has to get better.
 
Something else that I learned. My hip was very painful for a year. In that time, I had my second CMC joint replacement (think thumb), carpal runnel surgery, a bilateral knee revision and bilateral knee manipulation. Xrays on hip continued to show minimal thinning of cartilage. I found an open MRI facility (I am claustrophobic) and it showed moderate thinning..and with the pain and symptoms, the OS felt that the replacement was indicated. A shock to us all..stage 4 arthritis..so a lesson that I learned...X-rays and MRIs do not always show it all..and I think, at least in the US, that it will be more and more difficult to have joint replacements without Better "proof". Nothing to do with politics or Obamacare. Just the way insurance companies are controlling costs.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific
Knitter4444, Merry, so sorry that things are not much, much better than they are for you. All us BoneSmarties will get together and send healing vibes and prayers your way. Will look forward to Medicare updates (I think).

I have found an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.
[Bonesmart.org] Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific
 
[Bonesmart.org] Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific
Knitter4444, I have merged your multiple recovery threads. We prefer that ou keep everything about your recovery in one thread as we have all your information in one area. This makes it much easier to answer questions or discuss concerns about your situation. Thank you so much for your cooperation.​
​
If you'd like a title change, just let us know. We'll be glad to do it for you.​
 
Knitter4444,

Please don't hesitate to ask anything you want to know about patella mal-tracking! Unfortunately, I have become quite an "expert" :whistle: while dealing with it
 
I think I am back after 5 months from one hip replacement. But this time it was do different than the knees. I just wanted to hibernate. I think I was afraid of totally shutting down emotionally as I had been through so many surgical procedures in such a short time. The hip procedure was so much easier than the knees but my knees impeded the recovery. 5 months later..as I have built up my muscles in my legs I think my knees are going to be ok.

One thing I understand so much better.I was complaining to my OS that it had been nearly 3 years from my BTKR and my knees were still so painful. He gently reminded me that I have to count from the latest intervention..meaning that I had the spacer exchanges and MUA's in the last half of 2012.

I still take Dilaudid but only 2mg three times a day. Twice a day gives me withdrawal issues so I have to just go a bit slower. It definitely helps when I am active..like climbing up 14 steps multiple times a day taking care of my grandson who is recovering from surgery. But there is definitely a light that I can see shining.
Now if all of the other joints would stay calm, I would be a happy camper.
 
Knitter4444,

Merry how wonderful to hear from you.. I hear you about hibernating.. If it feels right for you then it is right

[Bonesmart.org] Left hip replaced and going to feel terrific
 
Anyone dealing with parasthesia in the thigh. On standing and sometimes sitting..No numbness. Not on side of hip replacement but other hip "going" so wonder if it is connected. No weakness. Josephine
Middle of thigh and can go beyond knee (replaced) but only one leg..Gee, should this be in the knee forum. It's about a thigh and could not find a thigh discussion :) but since I have signs now of the other hip falling apart I thought I would post here,
 
But what can go 'beyond the knee'? You haven't said exactly and parasthesia covers a multitude of sins ...
 
Tingling ..pins and needles but no numbness. GP thinks probably it is the arthritic back but wants me to check it out. My hip has started to bother me but I figured I had some time before I added another joint surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom