Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Perth today and sheeeeeesh the rain. CAB stuff with eleven yr olds this time it was funny they are still very naive. Hip does not like this weather tho.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wet here too not good for Guy Fawkes night Did you enjoy your day with the eleven year olds ?
 
please bring your bonfires *and* your rain to drought-stricken California. given the state of the drought, best to bring twice as much rain as bonfires. LOL.
 
Only goes to show how we take our rain for granted.I am sorry to hear that you are still in a state of drought and I really hope you get some rain very soon
 
@Legin Glad you are getting around and enjoying your new experiences. Sounds rainy where you are. We've just come back from South Wales and Bristol and it poured it down.

Re your comment about year 6, I used to teach 11 year olds and they think they are really grown up but they are as you say very naive . But they are still lovely at that age. I loved watching them grow through the year I had them with me.

Keep taking care of your self my Scottish Pal
 
Oh yes day was grand well at the school was. @SarahJane we do send water its called Highland Spring and the site is but twenty miles from me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
I'm very pleased you enjoyed Guy Fawkes night. I remember when I was in Bath in 1977, we celebrated it at Bath University with a great party and fireworks.

Went shopping with my daughter last night. So happy to hang around the jeans shops with her, walk, and sit on low chairs at Starbucks without hip pain. So when's your next hip OP? Any plans yet?
Hope you're not in too much pain. Happy greets to Scotland
Constanze
 
Hi @Legin Its ten minutes until my alarm goes off so browsing round Bonesmart. I love 11 yr olds so grown up but not at all! I bet you have good sessions with them. My little grandson aged 5 told me yesterday "did you know that if you plant a seed and water it, it grows, it grows an egg then a dinosaur comes out, but how does the dinosaur get in there?" - the age of innocence.

Hi @Constanze, I haven't forgotten you. Do you know I have never been to Bath, seeing your little snippets about it makes me want to plan at least a weekend there. It is amazing what we loose with hip problems and more amazing when it comes back. I found myself sitting cross legged on the settee yesterday Wow not done for a VERY long time, being able to shop is a huge progression. I haven't mastered low chairs yet though!
 
peeking in to say hello to my pal.. Hoping to hear that your rain has cleared up and the leg isn't protesting as loudly. And to hear that you have the weekend free??
 
Hi pal. How is you doing? Long time no talk!!! How is the hip and foot? Any new decisions? How is you and the wife doing with ya problems?

I know it's been struggle for mine. Lawd he has his own health issues. And I'm trying get my self better to help him. Crazy man he is!!!

So stubborn step on fire pit poker. Went through his foot in between pinky next toe. Goofy thing has pain,can't walk good. And won't go Er. So o said you are on your own. And I will say told you so later...


Best regard to you. I try look at the radio thing. Crazy phone wouldn't let me. And link to post in. Wouldn't let me. Good luck. Glad your getting to work... ❌❌❌❌


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
Oh my angel he should get it checked as there is a chance of infection. You can't risk foot injuries esp as years progress.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks I've had all the tests. They can't find anything. It's a no win situation.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
@Legin
I may have missed your talk. I left church early to try to get to a computer at noon PST, but didn't get home and on-line until 12:20. Joeygiggles spent a few minutes talking about New York sports, and then brought on a guest, Todd, talking about suicide prevention for chronic pain sufferers. I'll keep the computer on, just in case you're on later on, but right now he's introducing Beth Hughes, also on the topic of suicide.

Churchill's dark dogs of depression do tend to show up a lot for folks who are going through physical pain. Along with anxiety, etc. Sending TLC and gentle, friendly thoughts to all.

#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On a different note, @Legin did you see the post no 41 on "Webbies saga" thread of @webbie73 posted by @KarriB using what we call "cling film" aka saran wrap re pain - any relevance to you? I tried to quote the post but it would not work.

Is the radio snippet recorded anywhere?
 
Talk on radio is ten pm UK time I must have put wrong times sorry. Coppers many people do put wraps around legs etc. On the hand in hand site several use horse bandages

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi, I went here after reading about your continued flare-up and it spreading to your hand on the Chronic Pain-- Let's talk about it! thread. I was trying to find out whether your affected hand/arm/upper extremity was on the same side as your foot/leg issue. I skimmed a bunch of posts but didn't see anything mentioning which side it was on. Also, are you right-handed? Can you adopt the mirror exercise you're doing with the foot to your hand?

NO NEED to answer this right away. You've got two threads going, the radio thing going, the volunteering going, the helping the chap going, and much, much more. I don't want to tire you out. Or cause you too much pain, since you probably use both hands to type.
 
@Legin I could see the horse bandages working well for your leg! Especially if you used the larger white and soft wrap first and then bandaged it. There's a knack to doing it for horses,, can't be tight, can't be loose. I bet it would be similar for you. It might help to avoid the cheese grater.
 
Hand and leg opposite, I'm ambidextrous not thought about mirror. Oh I'm left footed for soccer.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I think you should wait on the football (soccer) until spring. With the advent of winter, best to concentrate on your curling, don't you think?
















l@
 
I'm looking into rugby.............
The walking rugby type, its just started in the UK so it could be big fun. So far tho I can't find anything near me.
True best to stay away from soccer, it has been behind a whole list of injuries.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom