THR Left hip- done and dusted

Glad you made it through the day. I know what it is like to think your ready, then in the middle of the work day you realize the difference between keeping at it steady and being able to take little breaks like we do at home.

Have a good rest of the week.
 
Thanks @MammaT. Took some paracetamol and hoping it eases it. I'll be a bit smarter medication wise tomorrow. I had a long break off work but it's still a shock to the system.
 
Congrats on 15 weeks! @NoraJ
Sorry you're feeling some pain and a bit drained.... long first day I'll bet.
Hopefully you sleep well tonight. I'm sure it will take some getting used to the daily grind again.
Thursday will be here in a blink, then the weekend soon after.
Warm wishes for continued healing a new year filled with many blessings!
 
Oh, Nora. I know how much you have wanted this recovery thing to be done with and feeling good to be the norm.
I am 8 months out and still have a few niggles...per Irish Joe's description...back can be one of them if sitting too long or lifting too much.
I know it's hard to be patient but you are still less than 3 months from a major surgery.
I am thinking of chiropractor but wanted to give all a chance to work itself out. May make appointment now that I'm this far down road.
 
Hi @NoraJ
Wondering how you're doing, pretty one....
It's been several weeks since you've last posted
and I know you were in some pain. Hopefully it's resolved itself.
Leave us an update if you feel like it. Would love to hear you're doing well.
Best wishes for a great rest of the week!
 
Hi @Layla, nice of you to think of me! I still keep an eye on the forum but haven't posted. I'm doing well for the most part. Some days I've a little pain but that's mostly fatigue related due to work/driving/sitting. If I need it I take paracetamol. My gait is much better and I can walk a few kms with ease. Got out to enjoy a beautiful river walk near my house a few weeks ago. It was so nice to feel able to do it...
[Bonesmart.org] Left hip- done and dusted
 
It sounds as though you're doing well, Nora. Great to hear!
Pretty blue skies on your nature walk. I remember the days, as you will
also, if someone asked me to go for a nature walk I'd probably laugh!
There weren't any leisurely strolls happening before THR.
Warm wishes as you continue healing!
@NoraJ
 
Oh my stars, Nora. How Beautiful!
I'm so glad you posted...
Isn't nature therapeutic?...I am so ready for warmer weather.
Hope things get better and better.:flwrysmile:
 
It was a beautiful day if cold only about 2 or 3c. I haven't seen a blue sky since! It's been wind and rain so far so I am ready for some milder weather. I feel the dampness in my bones and find it hard to feel warm. Oh to be somewhere hot and sunny...
 
I'm with you...come on spring!
 
:hi:Hope life and your hips are treating you well.
Coming up on 5 months for that last one...wondering if you ever got that back pain settled.
I still have some low back pain/SI joint issues, I guess?
Only bothers me when sitting ling periods or (unfortunately) while sleeping!
Need to purse at some point, but am in all I am hippy good!
Hope you are doing well!
 
Gosh @Mojo333 I can't believe it's nearly five months since the op. Thank you for thinking of me. The back pain has eased thankfully, for the most part. It kicks in every now and then. I think the orthotics have helped. Although my knees are not happy. I'm hoping loosing some weight will help ease that. I know I've arthritis in them ( well I had 10 years ago) but how bad they are remains to be seen.

Since going back to work I've been fairly tired. A combination of stress and fatigue. I work away from home 1 if not 2 nights a week and I find that difficult. Not having a regular routine is challenging as it makes planning things like exercise difficult. Which makes reflect on work life balance and quality of life... so perhaps it's time for a change.

I'm still not feeling tip top but I get a kick out of my hip moving properly... I hadn't realised how very limited my movement was. Nice to be able to do simple things like paint my toe nails with ease!
 
Can't get too busy making a living to live!
You'll get it sorted...Yay for new hips!:chuckmarch:
 
@NoraJ Hi...it's been over a year since number two...and I'm hoping you are off and running (well, at least walking fast)

Just thought of you as you were a co-commiserator during my recovery.
Hope all is going well!
 
Yes, pretty Nora. How are you? We missed your one year anniversary.
Hopefully all is well for you in beautiful Ireland.
Drop us an update next time you stop by. Would love to hear how you're doing.
Wishing you a great holiday season. Can't believe it's almost upon us again!
Hugs
@NoraJ
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom