THR Left 2013 - Now the right

Thanks guys. The neurosurgeon installed a drain this afternoon. Still comatose. We will asleep at home tonight and head down there once we know a little more.
My wife is still in recovery from her shoulder replacement in April. She is still going to PT. Long hours hanging out at a hospital would not be ideal for either of us. But as long as we have access to ice... DIL's family lives there, so thankfully it isn't on any one person to shoulder the load. They will probably need some relief after a couple of days.
I went through this last year with my father. Tag-teaming is the way to do it if you can. It seems we have spent a lot of time in hospitals the last 14-months.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear your news. Please take care and drive safely. We will be with you in spirit.
 
Hoping for some very good news from you soon! What hospital in Dallas?
 
Happy Day 56. 8-weeks. I walked just over a mile, then came in and did shoulders and chest with some light free weights while seated and on my back. The I worked the core, stretched and did some yoga. I finished with two 30-second walk sits. I feel like I worked out:smile2:

@a0167913 Baylor S&W Truett on Gaston. We are going to stay at a hotel on NCE just north of North Park.

@Jaycey We will be careful. We are leaving tomorrow at noon. Wifey knows I need to get out and stretch every hour. I'm going to be at the hotel most of the time. They have treadmills and ice machines. I have decided that I don't plan on hanging out at the hospital. There are bacteria there looking for a place to multiply.

@Constanze Thank you. We will take care of each other. We aren't in a hurry, our DIL isn't going anywhere, soon.

@Gone again Thank you.

I can't believe it has been 8-weeks.:wow:
That went fast. I cleaned house after working out. I'm beat. I am iced and elevated in Oklahoma. Tomorrow I get to go back to my native country, Texas.
I am not going down there to do too much. Fortunately there are plenty of people already there. So basically, I'm along for the ride.
 
DIL just reacted to her father's voice. They have decreased her meds and respirator is down to 50%
She appears to be coming around. Good news.
 
PTL......Wonderful news and step in the right direction.
Hopefully your daughter in law continues to improve and this incident is diagnosed as benign and treatable.
Safe travels on your way to Texas tomorrow @dougie0216
Give us an update if you're able.....
 
Just read updates. Glad to know she may be coming around.
Hope you and your wife fare well on your trip.
 
Just read your update and join in with the other well wishers. I'm pleased with the good news. I hope your daughter-in-law will continue to get better, especially since, from what I can gather, she must be young and at an agae similar to my 4 daughters. They are between 28 and 34.
All the best for the travelling and if you are driving - do drive safely.
Constanze
 
Hey Dougie.
Difficult days indeed. Hopefully things will get better.
Joe....
 
Happy Day 57. The Home Health nurse came by first thing this am and released me. Yay! Today is a No PT, sit in the car for 4hours day. I will get out and stretch every hour.

No change in DIL condition.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Gotta pack, ttyl.
 
Happy day 57 and happy graduation from home health! Safe travels. Continued prayers.
Michele
 
We made it to Dallas. If I never drive on a bumpy cement freeway/interstate again it will be too soon. There's had been no change in the DIL's condition since yesterday except they installed a pic tube.

It took about five hours to get from the house to the hotel. Almost 4 hours was driving. I got out and stretched twice plus we stopped and went into a restaurant to eat. By the time I got the luggage cart to the room I was swollen and sore. But I knew it would happen so it is no surprise. I took a tramadol, a flexeril and I am iced and elevated.
Our son is going to pick his mom up at the hotel in the am and they are going to the hospital. I am going to get up and workout then eat breakfast. Or the other way around. I will make my way to the hospital tomorrow afternoon.
So we made it, I'm swollen, iced and elevated. We will take smaller, paved state highways on the way home. Fortunately my wife drove the entire way down.
 
Happy Day 58! I knew our trip to Dallas in a car would be uncomfortable. I haven't been disappointed.
I did the complimentary breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles this morning. I took breakfast up to DW then made my way to the fitness room. I managed 1.6mi on the treadmill, but then my hip started hurting.
I was swollen when I got up, and I'm swollen now. I am iced and elevated, wifey is at hospital.
No change in DIL condition.
The hemorrhage was in the bottom-center at the rear of her brain, both lobes are affected. The drain is still in. There was fresh blood in the tube this am so they did a scan. Evidently it was remnants of the bleed from the other day, the scan shows no new bleeding, so there's that. All I know.
 
Sending your DIL healing vibes. Do take care of yourself @dougie0216 . You really don't need to be on a treadmill with all this other activity going on. The swelling means that hip is not happy. It got you to Texas - baby it for now.
 
@Jaycey Thank you. You are correct , of course. To my credit, I got off when it became uncomfortable.

Hey, I am at the hospital. At least this time, I am the one in the waiting room. I am here with DW & DS. DS is a physics teacher, unless you talk in equations, he doesn't have much to say. I am laughing at my wife, because she keeps getting one or two word answers to her questions.

So the bleed was in a vein, not an artery. So, a blood supply was not interrupted. She is agitated, but not awake.

It turns out the treadmill was redundant. I broke more of a sweat walking to the hospital from the parking lot than I did on the treadmill...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom