THR Layla's Recovery

@Layla Wild Man?!? Moi? Pretty tame this weekend, it was 24F this morning with freezing rain and sleet overnight. Wind chill was 10 this am. Windy! Supposed to be cool and windy tomorrow too, so I'm working out indoors.
We are going to Texas next week to meet our new great-granddaughter. I'm taking my bicycle. Extended forecast calls for 90's next week down there. Hallelujah!

Thank You @ajr1949
My recovery is going well, can't complain.
I hope your revision recovery is going well at only two months post op.
I need to go check your thread and catch up on your progress.
Wishing you a great week!

Hi @labanan
My moms recovery is going great. It's her second so she's familiar.
She's moving a tad slower....thankfully, but not skipping a beat. Thanks for inquiring!
I hope your week is wonderful!

Aaah, Dougie
You never cease to amaze me. No grass growing under your feet. Still an inspiration.
A great week to you!
@dougie0216

Greetings!
For those of you who've yet to register for Joint Replacement Awareness Day please consider doing so now.
It is a free event that will take place this coming Saturday, April 14th from 8:00 AM -1:30 PM PDT.
There will be discussions on many interesting topics, including surgical videos on THR and TKR. In addition to the topics you'll find listed under "Agenda" audience participation will include questions submitted during the live program.

You can find a link (in blue) below in my signature. Check out the program agenda and please register.
I'm sure you'll find a topic of interest.

A great week to everyone!

Give me a - J
Give me a - R
Give me a - A
Give me a - D

What does it spell JRAD! Joint Replacement Awareness Day.

Don't forget to sign up. Its this Saturday, April 14th - 8:00 a.m. Pacific time.

Check out the agenda:
https://jointawareday.org/agenda/

There is a link in blue in my signature below.

I've signed up, but think it's Saturday evening in the UK?

I'm happy you signed up @Cassidy. I think you'll enjoy it and hopefully it will ease some of your fears.

Try this Cassidy - to determine the exact time it will be on in your area, if you're unsure.
http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

JRAD is @ 8:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time for all of us in the US
Taking place in San Diego, California

4:00 pm for you, does that sound right?

Thanks @Layla - I'm supposed to be going to the theatre (not the operating one!) on Saturday evening, but I should be able to catch at least the first couple of hours or so.

I am always unavailable at those times Sorry to miss it.... @Layla thinking of you in new bought of bad weather :snow plough:

Hi @MyAussieGirl
There is a blizzard going on here. Seriously!
Icy roads, whiteout conditions, events cancelled. And to think it will be May in 2 weeks :rotfl:
Hope your weather conditions are better there. Your fave season is coming :swim:
Hugs and best wishes for a great Sunday!

You both have my sympathy having snow and ice again. It's after Easter for goodness sake! It's the season of new life, green shoots and fluffy bunnies! What is Mother Nature up to? Or is this type of weather typical for you at this time of year?

The weather has been crazy @gillycat11
Not normal for this time of year. Average high should be around 60 degrees.
Spring is coming, warming up here for the weekend and hopefully the last remnants of Winter will melt away.
You're right....It is the season of new life. New life with a new hip!!!

Funny thing...as I was driving in the car today, I was thinking of early recovery and the excitement of
feeling I could embrace life once again with the ability to do the things that OA held me back from. I kind of miss that initial high. The feeling of a re-birth of sorts. Can anyone relate? While I'm still not 100% at ten months out, I'm no longer in pain and that males me happy and thankful each and every day!

I think having the second hip done reawakened some of that. Just as I was enjoying the new hip, the 2nd reared up. It made me appreciate the 1st all the more. Then the 1st gave me a good contrast with the 2nd. Probably one of the reasons I'm getting into swing dancing and hiking is to add more new avenues to keep the feeling and wonder fresh.

I don't want to have my other hip done to awaken that feeling again :tantrum: @SaraK
I'd be game for the hiking you're undertaking, sounds fun, but nuh uh to the swing dancing.
It may be a good idea to engage in something I had to stop due to hip pain.
Or something new and adventurous like......bungee jumping! :rotfl:

@Layla I have spent a week rejoicing in my new hip. We have travelled to France and I have done things I couldn’t do last year. My finest moment was walking up all the staircases in a very old castle. Last year I would have been on my hands and knees. I’m sure there is something you can think of that you had to miss out on before surgery.

I think you're off the hook on that one @Layla. No Bungee jumping or skydiving may be the only 2 things most OS agree on. Maybe something a little less problematic like rock climbing, though. :rotfl:

Or tying your shoes?

:shrug:

How about marathoning and Ironman, hahaha.
But seriously: I think running is now officially accepted after hip replacement.

Thank you for your nice comforting words on my recovery thread, @Layla, when I had my fall over Easter an couldn't run. I'm a lot better, not 100% though. Tried to run 1 km yesterday but it turned out to be 3 kms (because I met some friends in the forest). Silly isn't it. Had to pay the price - icing, elevating, resting, no running, and Diclofenac ointment today.

I wish you and your mum all the best for your hip(s). Keep us up-to-date about how you're getting on.

I'm so sorry about the blizzard. In Germany, it wasn't anything like as bad as that, but we also had another cold spell with snow at the wrong time of year: March. Now it's summer here (also at the wrong time of year) - 30°C. I think that's 86°F (sorry, I still haven't got a degree in Fahrenheit, haha).

Take care
Constanze

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member