Hi
@marmora and thank you for your kindness. I needed a break not from the forum but from medical things just needed to forget them for a while. One good result is that the medication for my diabetes is being changed a bit and thinking some of the pills have actually helped to keep the sugar higher as they stop sugar from falling into a lower range then safe. My blood pressure was too high risk of heart problems pills changed over the past few weeks and think they may be working now so that is getting a little better have to let go of memories birthday is on the weekend and this is first I will not see my Mom how families can change close families that were so different before.
I went today for a walk in our park not so often now as my knee is not comfortable going on the long walks and so nice today we met our friend and had a nice chance to spend a little longer talking and really enjoyed the time. We packed our lunch and although it is quite cold now time to spend with our ducks and geese and seagulls and how much that time means love them so much and some are actually coming up and letting me hand feed them only way some get a chance to eat with so many sea gulls but love them too.
I have missed my time writing and reading posts on bone smart as you all have meant so much to me and missed our park as well so much rain and not a chance to go.
So happy I stopped in did not want to talk about the things that were happening as they are not easy to talk about but so nice to see posts from you and others and thank you for making me feel so nice really appreciate your kindness.
This last month it seems that we are always going somewhere for an appointment for either of us and now things have slowed down so on Monday we took a drive to the needlework store just half an hour from our house and had a chance to visit and look around her store and nice chat together . We have known her for 25 years and have always love getting a chance to see her we have a common interest cross stitch and she loves to knit to and her store is very lovely the theme is all about Gnomes and so many little cute things she has fairies which I love are a favorite of hers to so lots to look at.
My husband was looking for something he had in mind for my birthday and he had placed an order for something for me for a gift and she had called to say it was in and ready whenever he wished to come. When we did not have a car this lovely friend would send parcels in the mail for us she would order things that were hard to find for me and suggest new patterns for things as she knew what I liked to make told her that will not forget how much she did for us and she said sometimes what we bought was all she sold some days and how valued we were to her.
She asked me when we were talking how I framed what I made and I said I did my own . Asked how I did it and she said that is the way it is done. I told her about one pattern I made she sold it to me and it is called Shakespears ' fairies and as it is quite large going to be tricky to find a frame that size she asked if I would be willing to let her display some of my cross stitch she really wants something to show people how they look when done and said she would professionally frame anything I would let her show no cost to me whatever way I wanted my choice of frame and then it would be returned to me . I have another one that is ready but both are 20 inches long and one is 22 inches tall and hard to find the type of frame that would do them justice at this size. The second picture is called the Peace Angel her wings are shades of blue and come up at the top and curl together very pretty and her dress is all shades of white and ecru many shades this is a beautiful angel and ruffles so beautiful so thinking this might be a good choice just not sure if I want to give it up for this long but it would seem nice to go into shop and see something you made on the walls otherwise it will stay in the cedar chest my Gram left me when she died until I find another idea.
Tuesday was seniors day at a place just a bit over an hour from home Mary Maxims and at 50 people can received 20 percent off their purchase. It is a lovely drive the leaves were all starting to turn country roads and the sun was shining such a beautiful day and a nice drive and time to talk. They sell so many nice things sweater kits and wool and rug making great place to buy the floss I use for my cross stitching.
Found a display of foster grant eye glasses and the bottom rack of the display had eye glass cases which were reduced from 10.99 to 1.99 so found 3 pretty ones to purchase really nice. Tomorrow hoping the weather stays nice would love to get back to the park trying to get whatever time to go no appointments so it will be nice to just get up and do our own things. Bought some other cross stitch things and then on the way home my husband suggested we should go for a nice lunch at our favorite place it was a wonderful day and how great to get out with people and things we love to do.
Just about 9 weeks to go till my left knee surgery and so far it has gone by fast. Want the blood pressure and sugar reading to get a bit more stable before surgery hoping they do not make a difference in having a chance to get it done so hoping readings drop a bit.
Hope you are managing fine with your knee and that you are not having any pain and thanking you so much for as you have all along being there it means so much and wishing you a wonderful week. Holly