mainegirl1
graduate
I had weekly calls from my primary care doc. Even though not involved in the surgery per se, computer communication means all your docs know about all your other docs and you. The calls got a bit tiring. I had no complaints but the calls were weekly. I remember the last one at four weeks. " How are you doing"? Me:" I am in Acadia National Park hiking in a stream bed" . Them: "It sounds like you are doing well ", Me: speechless at first.Thank you for your concern but I don't anticipate future difficulties. ( I tried not answering the phone. They were persistent)Gives new value to airplane mode.I remember that! I also had numerous calls from a nurse affiliated with my Insurance Company.
While I may have been irked that they call shows they care
And it may well be good for others who aren't doing well and are too embarrassed to call.
Last edited by a moderator:
United States
I remember that! I also had numerous calls from a nurse affiliated with my Insurance Company.
. All that HURTS and takes time to heal. I always, always always took a full dose of the major pain med (short term, about 10 days total from op date) in the morning and before bedtime just to stay ahead of the pain monkey. You're just 5 days out. Take it easy for the first couple of weeks, keep up the ice and meds, and hopefully recovery will continue without any major setbacks.

