TKR Late Bloomer<

@fiona4269 Yes, it took me a while to take to the bonesmart ways. I didn't fall upon the site till a couple weeks after surgery, and I don't know in the begining what I was trying to prove, but every chance I got, I was up and about and not doing as much icing and elevating as I should have been, by about 5 weeks or so it was catching up to me. Much happier going at my own pace, even tho I have a bump in the road I am dealing with currently.
 
You are now getting the antibiotics that will handle the infection. You might want to get some probiotics to help your GI system. I'm sure you won't have much problem handling the wound vac.
 
Who's prescribing the antibiotic? Definitely start a probiotic as Marian suggested. My infectious disease dr suggested it, saying it would work much better than the yogurt I asked about.
 
You are really on the road to recovery now that you are on the correct antibiotic!
 
Sorry folks when mentions the antibotic, I did forget to mention they did have me start a probiotic also so it should help prevent stomach issues.
 
@zzevi Where in Wisconsin do you live, zzevi? I also live near Madison. I'm having a RTKR at Sauk Prairie Healthcare tomorrow morning.
 
Zzevi, I am so relieved for you... Once they culture that bacteria, you'll have a plan to move forward. My husband does have diabetes and had a stroke last summer and he got a toe bone infection due to his loss of sensation. Once the infectious disease specialist was able to get involved, she treated the wound to the point that it has healed now, after about 2 months. And his was a bone infection, and is much harder to heal, so I bet yours will heal much faster!
 
I hope all goes well with your treatment. It must be an anxious time for you, but you are on the right course now.
Healing thoughts coming your way.
Tabby xxx
 
@birdinger I live about 25 miles west of Madison. I also choose the same health care system as you are choosing, didn't want to have to go into Madison. I'll be watching for future postings. My care was very good, and the staff very intentive while I was in the hospital. Didn't have the problems that others have had with care and neglect or being pushed to much after surgery. Think you will be pleased with the care you received.
 
Well Wound Vac arrived by UPS to be taken to my wound care appt tomorrow and put on my wound. The darn little thing I think is heavy. I am so hoping it will only be a few weeks, a month at most that I will have to wear that unit. Asking again for prayers that this part of the process can happen quickly, I am very self concousis (sp) about having to wear this thing in public, but yet I know it's neccessary at this pt. On the bright side 1 full day of antibotics in with 9 more to go.
 
Good luck to you! I'm glad you are getting some help and will be recovering faster now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Will you be able to wear pants or is the unit too big? Could be a great excuse to wear sweatpants to work! I couldn't stand to have certain fabric on my scar, so I wore gray pj pants to teach in for about 2 months. They were the best 2 months ever! Luckily I had stocked up when I realized I was going to be laid up for a while and they were the only pants I could stretch over the imbolizer. I wore regular work tops, cardigans sweaters with the pj pants.
I will be praying for you, zzevi.
 
The important thing is that you are getting the proper care now and soon this will be all behind you. I am sending prayers your way so that this part of your recovery will be painless and short.

Keep us posted on your visit with wound care doctor...Good luck!!!
 
At my appointment doc is running behind I also was thinking of wearing sweats it may be from here a trip to Walmart don't think any of my pants will have enough room for a swollen knee and tubing. I hurry hurried for this appt just to wait 50 mins past my scheduled time and counting. I really lack patience and I am tired it's been a long day
 
Kind of feel like a pity party right now my husband always tells me the world doesn't just revolve around you, but lately it's been no where near making me the center of attention feel like I've paid my dues and it's a time for me time. I've jumped thur every hoop there was lately
 
Your last post resonated! I think we've all felt that way from time to time. And pity parties are good ways to muddle on through. Cry and feel a bit sorry for yourself, and then figure out a way to move on. Hope life lets you avoid a few of those hoops along the way.
 
I hope you are feeling better. Cry when you feel like it . You are facing a bump in the road in your recovery. Hopefully the wound vac does its job quickly and you'll be past this step.
 
when I get to the end of a work day, I'm tired. Wasn't expecting a hr and a half wait for a 40 min procedure. Like the dr and her assistants, but I wanted nothing more than to go home and relax. Wound vac is on, Dr, felt the wound looked better than last wk's visit. Go back in for dressing change on Friday, it a procedure to get everything in place and sealed.
Did go and get some sweat pants to help hide the tubing and that are a little wider in the legs then what I currently have. Well hoping to have a peaceful nights sleep, will have to adjust to having this device hooked to me, it does make some weird noises that are normal, but I wear a cpap so that may drown the other noises out.
 
I hope you got the vac on and everything is settled. Just in case you need a laught...as I was typing "got the vac" auto correct typed "hottie". I caught it in time though! :heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom