THR Laceylake recovery thread - dizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with research but I know now more than I did however. I liked my young doctor, many compliments on his scar in rehab. By looking at the pictures on this site I would agree, I have a small half horseshoe shaped one, probably a total of 4 inches, he did not cut any muscles, very little bruising...so far no complaints. As I said, because of this site I know now than I did, for sure.
 
Pictures of scars on this site??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Have you seen Josephine's reply to your question you posted in gooniebirds's thread? She wanted you to ask the question in your own thread, so she can respond to you. I'm curious to see what her answer will be. :)
 
Well, I did but for some reason I can't seem to do it correctly. I tried asking by reading the how tos but both times I didn't do it right. Don't want to sound dumb but how do I get to my own to ask, thought I did once but didn't do it right obviously. I thought by using astrick and name they get a message.:groan:
 
@Laceylake
Enter Josephine's name, just as I did yours (with the @ sign and no spaces). Her tag name will pop up and you can then just tap on it. Then you can proceed with your post, comment or question. Oh...and this is your recovery thread, so ask your question in this thread. Good luck.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine hope I'm in correct spot now, have trouble trying to figure how to get from another thread to my own. Weird? Anyway, wondered why the incision area will feel pretty good then you get the feeling like it's pulling, stings kinda around the area not the incision itself. Also, when do the blues go away? Seems like it should be soon, 9th week started Monday. I think the lighthead is stress, in part blues, if I take just quarter xanax seems to help. I think I'd feel pretty good if this would dissipate, I don't get dizzy really just spaced..thanks
 
I learned this trick a few tears ago after my hubby died....
I started listening to audio books. You can get them free from your library downloading them using the Overdrive app or purchase them from audible.

I listen to stories and university lectures, nonfiction and great action mysteries etc while I walk or clean house or just sit.

If I am fully in the present moment and not spacing out( worrying etc) I can follow the story line.

If I am getting stuck in spacey thoughts then I lose gaps of the audio book. It's a great test for me and lets me know when I am drifting. Plus I am getting great entertainment and learning things.

Right now I am listening to an audio book about the great storm of the 1800's. I just finished an audio book by j a Jance and have a University style series of lectures on culture waiting.

I need to avoid those blue moments too that come from too much inner thought on my part!!!
What do you do to get yourself out of them?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
@hippywoman I have some of those, used to sit by bonfire and listen, of course mine are cassettes hahaha. I love mysteries, what do I do. I talk to myself constantly telling me to get myself together, that no one can take care of me but me, after a while I seem to pull out but this time seems a little harder, I don't seem to pay attention lol. So I am baking a Dutch Apple pie to eat hot with ice cream.:heehee:
 
hope I'm in correct spot now, have trouble trying to figure how to get from another thread to my own.
Well, all these things are found if you mouse hover over your name and see the menu that drops down.

[Bonesmart.org] Laceylake recovery  thread - dizzy


You need to select "Your Content" which means all your posts. This gives you a list of all your posts and threads.
Okay?

[Bonesmart.org] Laceylake recovery  thread - dizzy


wondered why the incision area will feel pretty good then you get the feeling like it's pulling, stings kinda around the area not the incision itself.
Because it's a wound and still only partially normalised. People also make the mistake of 'seeing' their wound as being a straight down cut in their leg like a slice in a pie! It's not. It only goes down through the skin and fat and then the surgeon extends it sideways to free the muscle attachments from the fat and allow a good access to the joint. The first layer of muscle might also be dissected sideways for the same reason. All of that is your wound. The incision is just the tip of the iceberg.
Also, when do the blues go away? Seems like it should be soon, 9th week started Monday
Oh my goodness! That really is a "how long is a piece of string" question! It's much the same as post-natal depression - different for everybody. Some might shed in in a couple of weeks, some a couple of months and a few might take a year or more. But what ever yours is, don't let it get you down. Just keep in mind that a) it's normal and b) most only last a few weeks.
 
@hippywoman Hi HW, thinking about you, haven't seen you out here lately, hope that means you are doing well. How is the weather, leaves are all down here and it is rainy although next week we will have our Indian summer, last blast before winter rolls in, not my favorite season. How are your blues, a little better for me however the IBS kicked in, geesch, will it ever end?:snork:
 
@Laceylake Hope those blues are easing. Just keep your mind busy. Movies or as HB suggested audio books. There is a games section in the Social Room here to keep you occupied as well.
 
Hi @Laceylake yup still kicking. Internet has been weird. I I've been staying very active plus doing projects.

One of my sons birthday is coming up so I put together a photo album of the old days in our house when he was a child. That kept my mind engaged.

I'm still having a hard time sleeping not because of pain but because of restless sleep patterns that I've had for probably a year due to the hip pain. I get up every hour and a half.

at least last night I got a total of about 7 hours sleep which was wonderful. I had better emotional management when I'm not tired!

I haven't been cooking at all until yesterday. I thought of you making a pie and while I wasn't that ambitious I did make some really good egg rolls. This morning I made french toast bacon and eggs for my husband . i felt quite accomplished. He's been doing so much for me it's nice to be able to do something for him.

Your weather has been Like our weather it's been rainy. I even heard there might be snow on the upper elevations. I'm glad you're doing better. I know the ups and downs can be less up and less down but still there.

Good to hear from you. Old social workers unite!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Just read about something called inositol, rice bran comes from Japan. Most blogs were in favor, no side affects to speak of and no known interactions, good for mild cases of anxiety, depression and OCD. Read best brand Narrow and powder form is better but is very sweet, start low and build of needed. Wondered if anyone had ever heard of it or had tried it??
 
I have never heard of Jarrow Brand but please speak to your family doctor before taking any herbal medication. You are still in healing mode from THR.
 
Really? Thanks, how about herbal teas, I drink those, they told me to quit before surgery but I never asked about after. @Jaycey
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom