THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

sounds like you're doing great, good to hear! Hope you're 2024 brings you more improvements and mobility!
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so tired of sweatpants! I have been experimenting with different things in my closet, and I've found that what I can tolerate really varies day by day. Sometimes things will feel good initially, but not after 5 mins of wear.

My fave pair of looser jeans is getting a lot of use- I feel marginally more put together in them.

I should add that I am writing this while wearing full-on pajamas...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wear what ever you feel comfortable in! If your incision is well healed there probably is little chance of chaffing. My personal preference is .... and has been for a long time .... loose rather than tight. And at home I often just slouch around in pajama pants. But that's just me .... you do you :yes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After writing that question about wearing tighter pants I went in & tried on my regular jeans...yep, lasted less than 5 min & didn't even try sitting down. My incision went :no-fin:
Back on went my stretch jeans to go for groceries.
I love my jammies.

I hope that everyone who is having issues after their surgeries find solutions & have peace in their joint in this new year.
 
Well, the good thing about not being able to wear most of my pants is that it makes the dressing decision really easy. Staying home? My only pair of yoga pants. Going out? My only pair of elastic waistband jeans.

So, what do you and your hip talk about? Mine isn't too chatty, but I can hear "I love the lift in our other leg's shoe." (though I know I shouldn't wear a lift until month six. It just feels like my knee straightens and the other foot doesn't have to do heel toe quite so agressively, which has really aggravated it.)
Sometimes I get a "Don't think I don't notice that we are wearing hiking boots instead of our one pair of sneakers with elastic laces."
I feel like saying 'yes dear...'
 
I don't have a new hip to talk to me but my knees and I sure have had some conversations!!!
The immediate post op baby knee didn't have words but squalled in protest at odd intervals and sometimes all night ... when it got to be a toddler every time I wanted to do something new it would shout "NO!" and hold its breath til it turned swollen... finally it became an adolescent knee and kept testing its limits "c'mon, you can handle that hill!" or "you don't really have to get up now, I'm fine if you just sit here and finish that movie!" and we had Serious Words about its poor judgement!
 
Stretch leggings are my go to. Black, tight but comfy because of the stretch fabric ,skinny leg and the material is thickish and warm.

It's summer here so I'm in a three quarter length pant or shorts.
 
LOL My hips are "Hunky" and "Dory" and they really are hunkydory! So we don't need to have much conversation as they are fully adult and very well behaved. The shoulders are "Grace" and "Frankie" an odd couple but they both get along well. And the knees ... well I do have occasional stern talks with them if they dare to whinge or whine .... I refuse to even consider having them need replacement.
 
Week 11?
Winter is here. One of my few 'buttons' is having more than enough food for my animals. With freezing temps & rain in the forecast I went shopping & maybe (carefully) picked up too many boxes o pet food & emergency stuff & slowly pushed the too heavy cart all over the big store And after I got home my hip hurt.
Back to taking small steps, ice! Rest. Hip is silent.
And my heart feels good when I look in the pantry.
Stay safe.
 
So sorry you ended up on the ODIC bench this week (I'm on it too, so moving over the make room), but I'll bet it is satisfying to know you have supplies for the animals. Hope you don't need to make another shopping trip for a while!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom