TKR knee's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
knees it sounds like you are doing better today. I'm glad your knee is better. Also a good decision to say no more machines. My knee could not have taken that before surgery. Good luck. Your moving right along. :)
 
Thank you crystals! I'm so relieved my good knee is better :)
 
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day. knees Thank you for prayers. Wanted to get both done at same time. My doctor said only 1 at a time, and no sooner than 8 week apart. I am hoping the water therapy will help both heal better. As for pain I ice and elevate a lot. I haven't been able to walk outside this week, the weather is super cold. The cold and wind makes me hit the roof with pain. I take hot shower then wrap them with ace bandage.
 
Hi everyone! It's been over 5 months and I'm doing good. But I have a question. My scar is raised up and red. Is it normal for the scar to be raised? I will be having my other knee done in July. Then I'll finally be able to walk without pain. Anyone else with a raised scar 5 months out? Thanks for any feedback :) Ps I uploaded pic of scar
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] knee's recovery thread
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 210
I'll tag Josephine for you, to see if she has any advice about your scar. She's having a few computer problems, so might not be able to reply straight away.
@Josephine can you help?
 
It seems like Jo might have some complications from her arm surgery. I will tag @Orthodoc to answer this question.
 
Thanks Josephine! I thought it looked strange. As long as it's nothing to worry about I won't worry about it :) thanks again!
 
Knees, I'm with you. Last year I had my right knee replaced and didn't make fast progress. It was very stiff and swollen and since I hadn't bent that knee in years the structures involved in bending it were not used to working. After 4 months of therapy I was at 90 degrees of flex and all the therapists thought I should be further along. I was thrilled to be without pain and be able to walk and use stairs. Well here I am a year later rehabbing the left knee. PAt has concluded that I have nearly 120 degrees of flex in that right knee. That was progress I made without their help, just living my life.


TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR)
10/14/14 (LTKR)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom