Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

So sorry to hear of your early hope being dashed by reality. :boohoo:It truly is a marathon, not a sprint. :bicycle2: If you don't like that cliche, here's another one: It's two steps forward; one step back. :treadmill: The fact that you did see a decrease in swelling with rest, elevation, and ice is a GOOD sign. :thumb: Unfortunately you need to do a lot more of it. :gaah:If you have to go back to work, I suggest you be prepared to spend the rest of your time resting, with leg up, on ice. Turning to the music world: Ice, ice, Baby! :ice:

Are you keeping those pain meds up? :eeeuw:
 
I agree you should still call your OS and talk about your swelling and pain. However that conversation goes, though, definitely do more elevating and icing. The longer and more, the better. Among other reasons: your knee will be less painful right after a nice icing and elevating, so the more you do it, the more often you'll have less painful knees during this period. Ice and elevate before going shopping, for example. And then do it again after.

This recovery is truly a test of a person's mettle. It kind of kicks us in the posterior, no matter how much we try to get a handle on it.
 
@Polkadot you seems to be reality consciousness :bow: , so very right you are and I will do what I'm told :friends:
@SusieShoes you too are so right and I need to do more icing I do realise after helpul advice from many bonesmarties that icing is key to swelling/pain:ice:, elevation I do a lot of. and just now today received a proper leg support pillow and ordered more reusable freezer ice packs for knee, but like you say I'm still seeing DR on Thursday to get it all checked out :thumb:
 
Called OS today looks like the other knee will be done very soon, hope to have it done before Christmas . don't mind having leg up over the winter period,,:old: also will have a look at OP knee too
 
Don't mind admitting really scared about returning to work tomorrow , how I'm am going to get on if able to cope with being on legs and the 30 min walk before I get to work wont mind if leg was free of pain and swelling but oh no will use my crutches for support, also surprised myself today thought my op was 12 weeks ago but in reality its 14 weeks plus , and on most external web sites it say after 12 weeks all should be ok, wish it was for me, and how they going to take it when I tell them I might be of again soon, its this time I wish I was retired and therefore no worries about work
 
Also got terrible pain in inner top thigh do anyone have had this, ?
 
12 weeks is not the healing time for this surgery. It takes a year or more for everything to heal. You will be able to do a few more things at 12 weeks, including a fazed back to work program. But, no way is anyone back 100% at 12 weeks! It's disappointing to hear that people are saying that.
 
well completed first morning at work was ok though leg went very stiff and swollen walk home was horrendous came home collapsed on bed and fell asleep and now resting feel abit sick thankful got tomorrow of to rest
 
Hi Bland9
Looks like we started back to work the same day!! Wow - I am so tired. I am nurse midwife. Over 8 hours on my feet, no lunch (I rarely get a break). It is a reality check!! Knee is achy but ok. Hip and back are screaming. I brought my cane for the second day because by the 2nd have of the day; I seem to limp a bit.
It is really is a long journey.
 
Use your afternoons to rest/ice/elevate. It helped me upon my return to teaching because walking was still difficult and I had a lot of getting up/down.
 
@cnm1 The rest of day is resting with leg up and icing still feel tired , leg is very swollen, thank goodness I got tomorrow off to recover, don't know how you are coping or are you too on a phased return, my other knee very painful bone on bone too, being on your legs all day must be very painful, ive developed a sharp pain in inner top thigh near groin area hope it goes away soon, another muscle problem I guess, I got my walking cane in my shoulder bag in case I needed it, walk to work on crutches,going to be a tough ride before getting better
 
@KerriB yes been resting . icing, elevation . being on legs for hours is extremely painful though I'm able to sit down when required . though muscles are playing up too tired at present to exercise so spending rest of day doing nothing apart from what I stated at beginning , wish we had a magic wand to wave away the pain,
 
You certainly don't have to worry about doing any exercising. You are getting enough just walking to and from work! On your time off, you need to rest!
 
I agree with Sistersinhim, there's no need to do exercises. Walking to and from work along with work is plenty for your knee!
 
You've made it through work and back home. :egypdance:, and you're doing what you can (rest, elevation, and icing) to bring the expected swelling down. Good for you! :yes!: I wish I did have a magic wand. I'd wave the pain away for you.

I've had a variety of odd pains in the TKR leg. The inside of my thigh seems especially vulnerable to various pains. :bored: I suggest you put some ice on it. I know; I know; you barely have enough to go around your knee! But it truly does help. :SUNsmile:

Best wishes, and I hope the coming days of work become easier for you to navigate. This too shall pass. :friends:
 
@Polkadot thank you for your thoughts has I mentioned before , might be better putting leg in freezer :rotfl: and hope leg will improve ,:old: been to DR today the thigh pain I developed al of a sudden muscular he said and prescribe Oramorph (morphine ) oral solution strange he prescribe this but I try it and see:dubious:
 
@bland9, when I was tossing and turning last night, unable to sleep, I thought of you and wondered--Do you live alone? You mentioned a brother. Is he supportive? Can you share how you're really feeling?

I ask because I spend most of the day alone, dealing with the assorted aches, pains, and irritations of this :censored: TKR. By the time my husband comes home, I have HAD it. All of this has stacked up, and not every night, but often, I unload a bit on my husband. The same thing happens after a sleepless, achy, depressing night. I can usually count on my DH to offer me a cup of coffee and a little sympathy.

If you don't have this support, things can get very bleak, very fast. The mind imagines all kinds of dire outcomes, and things can seem insurmountable. You are also far out enough from your surgery date that friends who don't understand this type of surgery probably think you are "okay" by now. I had to tell a good friend recently that, no, I am NOT "over" this, and that I need moral support.

I love the idea of the freezer. Maybe you could invent a freezer for TKR patients and make a lot of money! I would buy one if I have to have my second knee done!! :heehee:
 
@shrdlu :thankyou: for your kind thoughts , really wish I could ride my bike but leg is too swollen and to painful , cannot bend leg to no more than 90 degrees at present, though had tried and the pain was too much , so having to walk at present , try to take ice packs that maybe possible:ice: , yes walking to work is quite an ordeal in itself and test all the muscles in my new knee and the other knee soon to be done, plus still using crutches even after this time to save the knees for too much pressure while walking, :walking:
 
back from work , Laying on bed . legs elevated and oh boy the pain the stiffness, the tourniquet feelings back , but at least being back is good for the mind, colleague at work whom had two knees done a few years ago said she is so much better now and says it wont be long before I running about,
 
:walking:Walk on, @bland9! My bend is not much better than yours (96-103, depending on the day), although I don't have much swelling any more, and I can now rotate an upright bike. Keep the faith! It will come. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom