Guest viewing is limited

Knee Replacement with diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is also scheduling LTKR for Dec. before Christmas. Getting it all done this year. 2 new knees. for Christmas for both of us. Looking forward to a better year ahead in 2014.
 
Fantastic news ready! Now the countdown begins! Just ask us any questions you want re the preparation, and we will do our best to help! You'll soon be there now, and you will be just following Linda! Go well :egypdance:
 
:yes:Men, ( my husband ) drives me nuts, if someone talks about pain or is hurting , he turns it around about himself, he hurts and is in pain.. When I am sick , I take care of myself, I am quiet and clean up after myself. When he is sick the whole house knows, he is very loud and verbal hollering help me. He can't clean up after himself. He has very little pain tolerance. He does take good care of the lawn and mows it every week to 10 days. He will never starve, he knows how to use the microwave and we always have potatoes and precooked sausage for him. He loves hot dogs and kielbasa and boils eggs. He eats all the time and always asks what's for desert. He goes for a walk and to the pool every morning until they close in on Sept. 30th. He will also be responsible for taking care of and letting the dogs in and out in back yard and making sure they have clean water. After my surgery, The 3 girls, ( my daughter, who is always in pain and has a lot of medical problems and works and is a single mom; my granddaughter who had been in wheelchair or recliner most of time for the last 2 years, has physical therapy 2 times a week to help her learn to walk again and on lot of pain; and me recovering from knee surgery ) will be helping each other as usual. He said he will do whatever he can to help me. I told him that he would be in charge of taking care of his needs. He even asked me to show him how to wash his own clothes and to do the dishes. I did, but he still doesn't do either of them. I gave him the job of making sure I take my medicines on time. I will organize them, he will just let me know it is time meds. He has already gotten me ice for my knees and offered to get me a drink and to fix me something to eat. Granddaughter will be taking care of herself most of time. She is a fussy eater. I tell her to get up. she has to move around. I told her she will have to keep up with me and we will help each other.
WOW that felt good.​
neck 4/5 cervical 2009
RTKR Oct. 07, 2013 :yes!:
LTKR Dec 2013
Pat:bicycle2:
 
You have your plate full regularly. Remember, it is your turn to be a priority so that you have a good recovery. Now you have your dates and are started on the path to pain free knees.
 
When he is sick the whole house knows​
So very typical of men! Most are such big babies:sick: when they're sick or hurting.

He even asked me to show him how to wash his own clothes and to do the dishes. I did, but he still doesn't do either of them.​
He probably won't until he HAS to. :hissy:

I gave him the job of making sure I take my medicines on time.​
Do you think you can count on him to do that? Maybe you want to set some kind of alarm and have a notebook to keep track.

I say stock up on what you like to eat and can easily grab and eat (I'm planning on yogurt, protein bars, fruit, etc). Hubby will figure out food for himself when he gets hungry enough so no worrying about him!:snork:
Practice saying, "This is MY time and this is time for all of them to put ME FIRST for a change." :gaah: Then say it to them loudly, over and over, until they get it. I'm sure you've put in many years caring for all of them and you deserve some care in return, but you may have to jolt them a bit to get thru to them.:hairpulling:
 
He already need clothes washed and had told me so. :gaah: Forgot one. I can't do it you will have to do it for yourself.:shrug:
I will have a chart made with all my meds and times I need to take them , which I will be in charge off.
He will think he is doing great by waking me when I want to be woken. He is good. He is a great clock watcher. I already have some things frozen that can be thawed in refrigerator and just warmed up in microware. :skep:
I also will have greek yogurt, no one else will eat it but me. Will have nice supply of fresh fruit, string cheese, and vegetables, my daughter will make sure of that. :) Trying to cut done on the junk food.
I am wondering what the health care and PT will say about my cat in my bedroom and dogs and other critters we have.:shocked:
 
Dogs and cats are for healing and it is your home and what you normally have around you and that is most helpful. I have never had any issues with my dog and cat in the house. The only concern is that they do not trip you up. My old dog was wonderful company, the knee puppy 2yr old 90# is being good this week end with hubby home but probably will have him tied up outside till I get the schedule of PT and nursing since he is a bit defensive and I do not know him well enough to know how he will act. He was OK Sat with the nurse who came out but she is a dog person. Enjoy your four footed friends, they are usually the most comforting.
 
We have a variety: Dogs, cats, and reptiles in our house. My granddaughter's 3yr old lab/boxer/collie mix rescue, Buddy is very protective. My 2yr old Jack Russel Terrier mix Taz is a love child. Bark first then love me. They are not allowed to play in the house. Buddy sleeps with my granddaughter and has baby gate across hall way that goes to her room. Taz sleeps in and enclosed pet yard in hall between master bedroom and kitchen area. I have a big black cat, Bubba that stays in my bedroom and loves to cuddle and stretch out along side of me. He is the one that I will have to watch, he lies where ever he wants too. Even across the door to the bathroom. My daughter has a very old cat, Rainbow in her room most of the time. It gets along with dogs. We also have snakes, which are in a room of there own. Use to have business 3 Girls Reptiles, stopped breeding and sold most of snakes for almost nothing 2yrs ago. Used to have a couple of lizards. Looking for homes for last 6 old ones. They are too old to breed would just be a pet for a few more years. Our menagerie are work, but keeps us active.
 
Saw the OS today. I am having a Biomet replacement. He recommends a having a femoral block and explained how it works. Got prescription for Percocets and Keflex. 2 week to go.
 
Changed antibiotic to Ciprofloxacin because of penicillin allergy.:umm: Was worried about Percocet :skep: ( Oxycoco/Acetamino) allergic to codeine. :what: Found out it doesn't really have any codeine in it, it is a synthetic and I can take it. I thought that my lab work was good for 3 months:gaah: Guess what, I have to do another lab before surgery. Something to do with clotting. :hissy: They never mentioned it when they cancelled my surgery on Aug. 5th :shrug: Will be having more labs on Oct. 3rd :sos: Praying that all labs will be perfect. I don't need to stress over this. Surgery Oct. 7th and I am ready.
 
Hey Pat, I just saw you post on another thread and realized, it's almost time for your big day for knee #1. :egypdance:Are you Ready... or, Not! :heehee: I just had my second one done on 9/18 and it zapped my energy level big time.:thud:I'm not supposed to be on here right now, I should be resting. Ssssh! Don't tell daughter stalker. :no-fin:

I'll read through your thread and check in with you later... Gotta run. :bicycle2:
 
Counting down to your first new knee!
 
Prayer request that my lab tomorrow are good and I have no more postponements. :angel:
 
Hip Hip Hooray, :yay::yay: all test good to go. OS is assigning me an internist to take care of diabetic and other medical needs. Surgery on schedule, :spin: Monday have to get up at 3 am. :):) and be at hospital at 5 am. See you all on the other side. :egypdance::happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom