Guest viewing is limited

Knee Replacement with diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ready, I am sorry you are having all these problems, but it is good that you have faith in your OS. Ad you say your safety is the most important thing!

Keep posting, and I am sure everyone on this site will support you during your journey towards knee surgery!! You'll get there! Good luck with the stress test on the 5th, that's 2 days after my surgery!! Hope that they can sort out your rhythms and that it will be plain sailing from there on out!! :ok:
 
thank you ditzy dinah and vancouver gal. I certainly need positive thoughts. Doctor said 25 % of women have this type of abnormal EKG and it is there normal for them. I have faith that I will get both knees done before end of this year.
 
I have Atrial Fibrillation and have been on blood thinners for 5-6 years for it plus I'm non-insulin dependent diabetic so I know how it is to be dealing with multiple issues. Dr. just added another prescription to my monthly regiment - I think it's 10 or 11 now. Better living thru chemistry! . . . I guess the good news is I'd have probably been dead already if this was 100 years ago.

I hope they'll get it all sorted out and you'll soon be able to move forward.
 
Good Luck Ready...go well and take care! Hope it all works out well for you! :friends:
 
Yippee! I just got Cardiac clearance to reschedule my knee surgery. Got a call into my OS asking if he could schedule both of them 10 week apart.
 
That's fantastic news ready!! Great stuff! Let us know when you get your dates, hope you won't have to wait too long!
 
Great news Linda!! Less than a month for you now...won't be long. It will soon be all over and you can start your new life!! :bicycle1:
 
I'm on my final approach -- two sleeps and then the big day! I start my special antiseptic showers tonight, have already changed my linen and have clothes and pjs in the washer. So I'm trying to do all my "dirty" chores today before I have to stay super clean. Changed the cat box litter, cleaned out the refrigerator, taken out the garbage, mopped the floors. I'm pooped! In some ways I'm looking forward to the forced inactivity of my recovery period-Ahhh! time to watch some DVDs and get a lot of healing sleep! Can't wait!
 
Yes, at this point, I'm sure you're more than ready to get on with it!

I hope all that cleaning and activity results in good, restful sleep :sleep: and a calm and peaceful turtlepoet as you go into surgery.:whistle: All best wishes and positive thoughts coming your way.

:SUNsmile:Linda
 
Thanks Vancouver Linda! (You are right up the road from me in Eugene OR.) I'll let you know how my BTKR goes, and send good karma back up North when it's time for your "adventure." Hopefully I'll get some of that elusive good sleep between now and Thurs a.m. It does feel good to get things checked off my list!
 
I was just like you turtle poet. So busy in the last couple of days getting everything ready to create my nesting space for my recovery! And to finish of all the last minute jobs I knew I wouldn't have the alertness or interest in to do afterwards. I got so carried away I only got to bed two hours before I had to get up on surgery day.! But I figured what the heck...I'm too wired up for a good sleep anyway, and I'll
Soon be going back to sleep anyway!! So it proved. Hope the next couple of days go well, it will soon be all over and I will enjoy reading about your recovery on the other side! Good luck! :friends:
 
Glad to here you got clearance too. I am going to be doing the same things. Cat litter, change linens from my bed. move my bed so I can get out on either side. mop kitchen floor. Will probably not be able to sleep night before so I am going to have a movie marathon. My luck I will be so tired I will fall asleep in my recliner. Hope to get date by 1st week in Oct. then other before Christmas
 
Yay movie marathon! What a great idea...way to go! Hope you get the dates you want and soon. Would be great to have it all done before Christmas! :)
 
Can't sleep well in bed with both knees hurting. My recliner has been my friend for a long time. Will let everyone know when I get date or dates. :egypdance:
 
Great news got to see OS on Sept 24. It was in July when he last saw me.
 
I have Date for surgery on right knee. Oct. 7th at 6:30 AM :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom