Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Knee replacement is not nice to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. I stretch daily (usually) as well as walk 3-4 times a week. Some times it's only a 1/2 mile, but other times 1.5 miles.
 
I stretch daily (usually) as well as walk 3-4 times a week. Some times it's only a 1/2 mile, but other times 1.5 miles.
In which case I don't really understand it. Prosthetic joints have no built in limitations, as we know, so stretching applied over a good period of time should give as much flexion/extension as you need:scratch::scratch::scratch:
 
Hi Coachie;
I didn't know you were engaged! Congratulations!
The sport of geocatching is huge!
You get out and move and that is a good thing.
I had my revision on Feb 29th, my knee is doing as well as a revision could be, and I get stiffness when standing a while as well. I do think that you will get progress with your ROM just by living life and doing gentle extension stretches.
Give it some more time. Your knee has been through...a really HOT place, and it needs to recover.
Still, when you compare yourself to where you were last year, well, 2012 is ALREADY better!
Keep finding the good fight.
Sandy
 
Coachie several times I would do this while sitting down. Put a weight on the knee while it is in a propped up position. While laying down I would pull tight the quad muscles to make the knee go flat on the mat or bed. After several months the stubborn thing has gone to zero degrees after remaining at 4 for about 3 months. Specific exercises for specific muscles seems to be a key. Hang in there. Glad live is looking better! Hugs
 
I had those straightening exercises from both of my tkrs, and eventually my left leg became straight.

My right knee is not happy with me sometimes. I know that I'm only 7 months post-op from my revision and that it can take a long time to heal, but it sometimes I am having the same pain that I had before my tkr and before my revision. Stairs still stink (I often have to take them one at a time) and standing from a sitting position is still painful.
My Orthopedist said that he doesn't see a problem, but it is frustrating. I will exercise and then my knee will be so stiff and sore. The back of my knee still really bothers me, right in the Popliteal tendon area.

I do have a lot of positives- I don't limp (much) anymore, the pain is not there all the time like it was before surgeries, and I there are moments when I have zero pain upon moving. Those are definitely plusses!

I just need to hang in there and continue to work at getting stronger.

Thank you all for the congratulations on the engagement. It was a surprise and we are planning on a summer wedding :)
 
Seven months, already??!!

I have appreciated hearing about your experiences, and Audrey's. Which is why I'm looking far afield, in Boston, to get my unresolved knee issues addressed. You've been a big help to me!

Hopefully things continue to improve for you.
 
How come the title of my post does have the "revision" title like others who have had a revision?

Just wondering...
 
Having the option to put REVISION in the title of your thread wasn't availabe when you opened yours. But we'll tag Jamie and she can add it for you. @Jamie:
 
Coachie.....I'm so happy for you...a wedding!!! Wonderful!

I've added your prefix to the thread. (Thanks for the tag, Judy!!!)

I agree that you're going to need to be patient with this recovery. Remember our old saying.....the knee didn't get bad overnight and it won't heal that quickly either. You suffered with it quite a while and I'm thinking it will take some steady work on your part to "undo" all the soft tissue accommodations that happened during your "hurting" phase before the revision. Hang in there....we're always here to listen and support.
 
Well... I got married today. He came to school and we got married this morning. He had arranged it all with my secretaries at school, even down to making sure I had a sub for today. We then spent this beautiful sunny day in Bar Harbor enjoying the coast.

It was so romantic to have a "surprise wedding". I have a wonderful husband :)

Just wanted to share that happy news!
 
:loveshower::wow2::loveshower: That's some great guy you married, Coachie. Wishing you both joy and love now and in the years to come!
 
Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise! I hope you have many years of happiness!
Greda
 
[Bonesmart.org] Knee replacement is not nice to me...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom