Shocking isn't it @liam2015? I was sure shocked. I had measured myself yesterday at the gym and got 120 but I figured I was cheating on the goniometer placement. Sure was great to get confirmation that I have improved.
Awesome news Kathleen. I have not been going to PT so have no way to measure but I too feel I am in phase 111
I think it's a great place for us to be. We will soon be half way there! I think our 9 month soirée should be quite a celebration!
Woot! Can I just say, "You've *arrived* Kathleen? Of course I can, right? Seriously, "Hats off to you!" I am thrilled for you. Dizzy with delight! Your numbers are splendid! I've so enjoyed following in your footsteps on this wonky, clonky, jabberwocky journey. You've been such a positive role model in so many ways with unfailing humor that always lit up my path. Huzzah!
Thanks for the good cheer everyone! I could not have "arrived" without the unending support of my "smartie" friends and DW, the good wisdom of the BS advisors, and brilliant, gentle care of my 2 PTs. @Pheebs52 & @Polkadot, since you are a couple of weeks behind me I'm glad to give you a glimpse of your bright future PS: I'm still a clicking fool with a big numb spot.
That's fantastic Kathleen my surgery twin! Your 120 flexion is impressive! Keep on with your ANK and you will definitely be the Belle of the Ball at our 9 month soirée! Kneerah!
Happy 6 mos Kneeversary Week to my lefty. My surgery was 6 mos ago on a Tuesday, I have my 6 mos post-op surgeon appt tomorrow and Thursday is the 9th (surgery was 6 mos ago on the 9th). Almost normal knee much of the time these days. I've been less active over the past week and a half - had a trip last weekend to visit some old friends and came back with a nasty cold so have curtailed my exercise regime. When I saw my surgeon at a social event several weeks ago he suggested that I should be 90-95% at the 6 month mark. I would self-assess at about 70-75% but that seems great for the halfway point. We'll see what he says tomorrow. My extension is not yet at 0 but much improved from the 3 month visit and currently a little better than my original issue righty - which turned 60 last weekend! I took the photo this morning shortly after getting up, so you can see I still have some swelling. My unofficial flexion measurement last night was about 125 (I was feeling particularly bendy) - so I expect I am a pretty solid and consistent 120 most of the time. Still room to improve to catch up to righty and not feel it at all but I expect that will come over the next 6 mos. Over the next 6 mos I will try to eke out more ROM and really work on getting my leg strength back. I would like to move from ANK to NK before I contemplate doing knee #2. Hope you all are having a good week.
Hey my surgery twin! Looking and sounding good! Hope you are over the nasty cold. I think most days should be ANK for us these days. Here's to a productive next six months of kneedom!
Happy Kneeversary to you @Canada35 - it is nice to be ANK, isn't it -- took a long time to get here and was not sure I would make it some days. I'm looking forward to the next 6 mos as I think the knee recovery will be significantly easier. Hope you are doing well and enjoying our days.
Woke up a bit more swollen and stiff feeling this morning - I blame on the 2 inches of snow we got overnight as well as the fact that it was the date of my 6 month surgeon visit . I stopped by the PT clinic to do a little pedaling and to get a bit of stretching in to optimize my extension prior to seeing the doc. Of course I had to wait for about 40 minutes to see him so was not in optimum form - but all ended up fabulous as I didn't have to do too much performing and he seemed pleased with my ROM and the fact that I don't have pain in the knee. For the first time he said that it might take a year to 18 months to get to the optimal place in terms of ROM, strength, function, etc. - it sure would be helpful to have that in big, bold type in the pre-surgery notebook and as part of the class. He released me to do whatever I can tolerate and I don't need to see him again until the one year anniversary. YIPPEE!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.