TKR kmak's TKR recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to waiting a while before skating. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. And yes, to using the cane. I still carry one in my car, for use if it is going to be slippery underfoot.
 
Oh, noooo, not the flaky, white stuff already! Your summer furniture is still outdoors! It'll be at least a month before we see any of that, but when we do, the cane will be with me. Maybe a guide dog as well, lol!
 
It finally stopped snowing about 30 minutes ago - I think we got 3-4" - supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and 60s the rest of the week - go figure.
 
I know that one day does not equate to a trend or a corner turned or more than a blip on this scenic route through recovery, but today felt different - in a good way. The walking came easily - I did not feel the "fake" knee many times during the day. The stairs were also easier, the stiffness and swelling less noticeable. I thought perhaps it was because I had done less over the weekend - but no, I did the grocery shopping, dug potatoes and onions and rototilled the garden, took out the irrigation pump, carried a 40# bag of pellets from the garage to the house, walked 2 miles on Sunday, got on a ladder to do some touch up painting, rode the bike and did the elliptical early this morning at the gym, etc. Perhaps I actually have turned a corner, perhaps the chance meeting with the OS scared the knee into a quicker healing pattern, perhaps it's the change in the weather. Whatever it is, I hope it is replicated tomorrow, the next day, and the next as today it actually felt for the first time that I might end up happy with this new knee. :egypdance:
 
Thanks my Slow Bending (and straightening) Super Swelling Stiff pals :friends: . . . . I wish for you all a good day like I had today - and that these good days become the norm rather than the exception for all of us.
@Pheebs52 - I'll take the good luck charms - maybe a better strategy than hanging out in bars waiting for a surgeon to walk in; to be honest he only had a lemonade - I went right for the red wine.
@Canada35 - what a great family photo for your new avatar! I'll bet you had a great T'Day gathering! I don't mind a few switchbacks as long as the summit is within reach . . .
@liam2015 - I was definitely busy this weekend but not so much strong as stubborn. I still can't bench press 70# but there's lots to do before winter comes - and we had a preview of winter today - YUK. Plus, DW is laid up with back issues so had to do a little more on my own.
 
Thanks Kathleen! We had a wonderful thanksgiving. Great to get a photo with the grands but my kids think they are chopped liver. Lol! It's all about the grandkids now! Glad you are having some good knee days and hope your DW feels better soon!
 
Wow! What a great amount of Activity! Congrats on keeping up with all that.
 
I hope today is also a most excellent day and you can begin to call it a trend. Or a new normal. :yes!: I recall kind of hitting that high, turning that corner, about a month ago. It was really surprising. Like it kind of came out of nowhere, even though we'd been slowly moving toward it all along.
 
Interesting that you mentioned that it seemed to come out of nowhere for you @SusieShoes as that is exactly what it felt like yesterday. I was walking across campus and realized that I did not feel my new knee like I had for virtually every step since May 9th . . . I wanted to shout out to the universe. . . so far so good today as well. :dancy:
 
I always figured you for a trendsetter!
Were you not able to access BS all day today? Even though I am not spending so much time on here I felt a little lost without it!
 
Yes, the site was down for maintenance for a while today.
 
I'm thinking at least 5 days out of a week for a trend . . . that's my official, unofficial definition :yes:. . . much like it was for sleeping better a couple of months ago. Today was not quite as awesome as yesterday but still really good. I'm thinking that spin class this morning kept me a little more stiff, even after icing, but this afternoon was quite good.:upright: Did well over 100 steps up and down today with no issues. Now, if I can just perfect this "cruddy extension." I really don't notice it much anymore as the extension is as good as the other leg, but still a work in progress - and there is that looming appt with my OS. :fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom