TKR kmak's TKR recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas Smarties! :box:ODIC for me today. We got about 5 inches of snow last night and this morning so after doing some housecleaning I assisted in the shoveling efforts, which including sweeping off the solar panels. The standing in mostly one place and lifting the snow was more than my new knee wanted to do . . . so here I sit with the ice machine and Lounge Doctor. Hopefully I'll be back to my normal stiff and swollen self tomorrow (with no new snow!). I have my 6 week check in with the OS on Wed so would prefer to be a bit more bendy than I am tonight. :re-snowman:
 
Oh @kmak81230
Must look lovely tho if nothing else! (Sorry-the photographer in me )

Hopefully you will be back on track in no time. Wishing you find a good bend and some comfort in your stocking tonight!
:candle:
 
You're having a white Christmas! They're few and far between down here, so you are blessed!

Your OS should understand about the swelling in your knee after shoveling snow when your knee is still a baby. I wouldn't worry about what he says. You know it'll bend more again.

Merry Christmas!
 
Had my 6 week follow-up visit with the OS today. I had PT just prior so got all nice and loosened up. My PT indulged me and measured and my ROM is 3-95. Surgeon was pleased with progress and healing thus far and the x-rays looked good. He wants me to work harder over the next six weeks to increase my flexion "as this is the opportune time to do so" - I nodded, smiled and said I would (with fingers crossed behind my back). He cleared me for submerging so I can use the hot tub - though I don't want to exacerbate swelling so will be careful. He also cleared me to get the shingles vaccine which I've been wanting to do.
 
He cleared me for submerging so I can use the hot tub - though I don't want to exacerbate swelling so will be careful.
Yippee! You know what to look for, so you'll be fine in the hot tub! I know it'll feel good!
 
Been busy with work and life so have not updated in awhile. 10 week kneeversary yesterday and my flexion has zoomed up to 110! I've been pedaling 15 minutes twice a day with low resistance and trying to walk about 5000 steps a day and that's about it. PT to work on balance and glutes and quads. I hadn't thought much about the ROM and at PT yesterday when we were stretching she said my flexion seemed quite good - so we measured . . . . Wowza! With my first knee I didn't hit 110 until 4 months. This week I am having some pain in the lateral area whenever I stand up -- hoping it's just one of the many bouts of achiness that come and go in these first months.
 
I have not updated in several months -- had a great 6 month follow-up on knee #2 and knee #1 had 2 year kneeversary on May 9th. I've been going to spin class twice a week since February and have gotten up to 10,000 steps a day a couple of months ago. I signed up to do a 450 mile bike tour (Ride the Rockies) which starts in a few weeks but learned last week that I need shoulder surgery - which was becoming worse with biking. Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday 5/29 -- I'm sick of these deteriorating body parts. While my right shoulder is a mess, my new knees are a delight. For those of you early in recovery, it does get better :yes:
 
Bummer about your shoulder. I've heard that the recovery is much easier for that surgery than it is for a knee replacement. Will you have a replacement or a repair?
 
@lisabl ... I switched out your link because the one you had chosen possibly had a virus or malware attached to it. If you opened your link on your computer, I suggest you do a complete check of your system to be sure you haven't accidentally downloaded a bad file.
 
The only way that I can get up when I'm on the floor is to face the floor and walk up with my hands. My butt is not a pretty sight at that time!
 
It’s been 2 years since my partial and I haven’t been on the floor yet. It’s not going to happen unless I fall. :yikes:
 
Since I have a bad "wing" , it's a mess trying to get up off the floor as I can only push with one arm. I've been working on trying to desensitize my knees so that I can eventually kneel. It's a very slow process.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom