Guest viewing is limited

TKR kmak's TKR recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for another month @Pheebs52 - my 6 month appt will be around Nov. 9th - I haven't made the appt yet, but never too soon to start obsessing and worrying for this compulsive worrier.:sad: I'm actually feeling optimistic that I can be more improved by then -- I would just like to be done with appts until the 1 year visit. I will treat the knee like the diva she is for several days prior to the visit so as to have limited swelling (if that's possible).
 
I have a feeling "The Diva," will pass muster this time! Just a hunch, but a strong one! :spin:
 
Sure hope so -- gotta be in good form for the spectacular 9 month soiree!
 
Tomorrow will be 23 weeks (almost 5.5 months). I would say that it is officially a trend that I am feeling more "normal," thinking less about what I can't do and just doing things - with the exception of skating, hitting golf balls, and leg machines of course. I think my flexion is between 115 & 120 most days, extension is not yet zero but making progress and I do not have issues currently with gait. Drove 4 hours on Thursday and then again on Sunday to watch grandson perform with his high school marching band and to buy a new vehicle. This required lots of sitting, standing, driving, and getting in and out of vehicles throughout the weekend. A little more stiff yesterday and today but no pain at all. All in all, things are good - gearing up for 6 mos OS appointment in a few weeks.
 
Kathleen that's fantastic! What a joy to watch your grandson AND come home with a new vehicle! And to just get on with life without planning ahead for each move. You will be slamming golf balls next summer!
Congrats girl!
 
Thanks @Jockette and @Canada35. I'm not much of a golfer - I play maybe once or twice a year as it is quite pricey, but I like to go to the range and hit golf balls and it was becoming too painful prior to surgery. Our grandson is a freshman so it's his first year of HS marching band - lots of pressure and work but he loves it so it is nice to be able to go and support him. The new vehicle was an added bonus - we had been looking but did not expect to find something this weekend. I still feel the knee but not all the time which is nice. :yes!:
 
what a super report and a wonderful trip to watch your grandson. i love marching bands, so exciting. sounds like your knee is somewhat of a non-issue for you, not causing you any problems or limitations, other than skating, hitting golf balls, etc. hubby tries to get out most days after lunch to hit balls (his office is 2 minutes from our house and the golf course is 5 minutes away; can you guess why we moved here?) anyways, if you need some golf tips, just listen to PGA Golf Radio lol, like i had to:groan: on our way to and from the pack walk on saturday, and it was a repeat program from the previous saturday!! btw i don't golf! it won't be long before you'll be back on the golf course ~ well you'll have to go south for now, but next summer!
 
Oh @liam2015 - I had to laugh at you having to endure radio golf on your long drives to the pack walk - a repeat show sounds like torture ...I like to hit golf balls but not watch or listen to golf unless I need a nap -:heehee:
 
Happy dance for your report today, kmak81230!:dancy::spin::egypdance:Your ROM is good, you're driving for 4 hours, you're sitting, standing and getting out of cars. Reminds me of a high school football cheer from about 1966 that ended, "Stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight!" You're getting it done. Hooray!:yes!:
 
Kneerah! What a splendid report @kmak81230 and a new car into the bargain! Wonderful that you could be there to cheer your grandson on, do all that driving and sitting and stairs and feel relatively *normal*, lol. It seems like something *magical* occurs around the 5 month mark, doesn't it? Woot!:cheers:
 
Hah, yes I would agree! Phase 111 has a really nice ring to it! :yes!:
 
I had my every other week PT appt today and I told my most awesome PT that I felt as though I had turned a corner in recovery (less swelling, more bendiness, less stiffness, less noticing of the knee) and in my bike warm-up while I waited for my session to start I was able to lower the seat two notches from two weeks ago. We decided since I was feeling so good that this would be an official reporting day (we had not had one since I started seeing her in early August and she had never officially measured, just "eyeballed.") The official "on my own" flexion measurement was 120 and "on my own" extension is down to 3 - albeit a hard fought 3!! :yay: My balance and glute and quad strength are also noticeably improved from two weeks ago. A red letter day for sure :happydance::dancy:. I have one more PT visit prior to my OS visit in three weeks and on the day of my OS visit I will stop in to the PT clinic to get "warmed up" for the 6 month bending and straightening performance. First round is on me tonight :cheers:.
 
Yes indeed @Jockette - a great day for both of us. It sure is good news @phrog - I feel like I'm definitely on the downhill side of recovery.....yippee!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom