Guest viewing is limited

TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

Whooo hooo!!! Great for you! It's great to get your life back, isn't it!!
 
Post-op week 20 June 9, 2015 5 Months!!! :loveshwr:
Time flies when you're having fun, lol.
It's been awhile since I've posted on my own thread, probably because everything is going pretty well.
I still have early morning stiffness which has improved over the last two weeks. I rarely need to ice and take Celebrex every day and Tylenol as needed, usually once a day.
I'm able to be on my feet for quite a while without looking for a chair and I try and get out for a 30 minute bike ride most days.
I still have some bad days, but nothing compared to what I had pre TKR and I'm still waiting for the day I can say I'm pain free!
I know that some of my BS friends are still struggling and I wish you all better days and restful nights.
Best Wishes,
Karen

 
Sounds like your recovery is coming along nicely! Isn't it great to realize you have forgotten about your knee when you've been going about your day? Sure makes it all worthwhile! Thanks for the great report!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Karen, I'm so happy for you!! I am hoping to be at the same place as you at 20 weeks, I just have 6 1/2 more to go :)


Brenda
 
I just wanted to mention that I kneeled for the first time yesterday and it was fine. Felt a little funny, but no pain.
 
Awesome. I've been thinking about trying that on the padded table at the PT office. Just out of curiosity. I know I can't really do it on my non-op knee. Wondering about my new one.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I had to kneel in the grass to fix a sprinkler head. Getting up was not very graceful, but I did it, lol.
You might try it on your bed first. Good luck!
 
My bed's too tall. Maybe the recliner (after I drag myself out of it).


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Wow awesome I can't do it. Can't wait. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I tried on the recliner, and kneeling there for a few seconds was comfortable on both knees. I was surprised.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Post-Op: 6 months July 6, 2015
Well, I managed to throw a 4th of July cook out, but was in quite a bit of pain when it was over.
What's wierd is that I did the same thing for Memorial Day and the knee did fine. ( I was ready to pronounce myself cured)!
I started paying closer attention to the pain and realize that most of it is coming from the other knee, so I guess I need to start thinking about having that one done.....
This certainly is an up and down journey and I guess it's not over until it's over...
All in all, I've had a good recovery, so not complaining. I just want to document my progress for future reference.
Hope everyone's having a great summer!
Karen
 
Well good that you got throw party. But knees do talk to us. Oh how I can't wait to have other knee done it's been nightmare.


Glad your doing well. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thanks Angel,
You're so right about the knees talking to us!
Hope you're doing well.
Karen
 
Karen, glad to hear you had a great 4th and sorry the knees were complaining! I too thought all was good but after going to the gym last week my knee blew up again and I'm having a darn of a time getting the swelling down. Ice, medication and rest is my agenda again.
4 months in and I would like to not have to think of Gru!


Brenda
 
Post-op: 7 months August 4, 2015
My new knee continues to improve. Now, I just have a few seconds of pain when I first stand and some stiffness when I get up in the morning.
I rarely take anythiing for pain and when I do, it's just some Tylenol and maybe ibuprofen.
I'm definately getting closer to the finish line!
I just got a referral to go back and see my OS to schedule knee #2. Will probably schedule it for January around the one year anniversary of #1.
I hope all my surgery buddies are doing well.
Karen
 
Good news. We are close in time (my surgery was 1/5/2015) and I have some similar results: occasional pain, stiffness, and sometimes some clunking. Great you are doing well.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom