Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowering the BP meds seemed to have done the trick! I'm sure I can resume pt without crashing.
I just took a mile walk. My Bp before it was 147/82. Right after it was 139/76. I know. My BP is weird, but that's what it is. I feel wonderful and NO KNEE PAIN!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
My BP has always been great but since my surgery it has been all over the place.
Thought it might be all the meds.
 
It's very interesting how fast my priorities change. In the span of month, I went from being very glad I could move my toes and loving some crushed ice to walking a mile and looking forward to kayaking this week. I've loved every single little milestone in between. I suppose the moral of the story is don't think big and short. If you think little and long the big and short will take care of itself!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Is it OK if I pat my back? I know many of you are having troublesome recoveries and I'm very sorry. I've however have made a wonderful milestone this evening. It's beenone of my major goals this year; to get back in my kayak. And tonight it came true. I Needed help getting in and out but it was great to be out with my friends actually doing athletic stuff again! I should rename movie knee to kayak knee. People were wondering why I was reclining in the boat doing heel slides.
[Bonesmart.org] JustJeff 4/9/14


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Thanks pumpkin! Between moving into the fast trackwith pt today and this I'm happily exhausted.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
What a wonderful day, @JustJeff !!!!! Even your scar looks extremely well healed for this soon after surgery. Good for that part of your genes!!:kayak:
 
P.S. Never be sorry you are having an excellent recovery. People need to know good recoveries happen! And I'm happy you are one of them!
 
Well done, @JustJeff !

Don't feel guilty for posting that you have made good progress. People need to be able to read that a trouble-free recovery is possible.
 
Way to go Jeff. Your doing great. Arent these implants a miriacle. I rode my bicycle, went for hike and jogged up stairs all today. BTW its 90 degrees here. I havent jogged up stairs in 7 years. No pain at all. I know its crappy reading many unfortunate recoveries
But if people only read sad stories they probably wouldnt go through the surgery. As I was a bit put off reading many horror stories pre op. But with that said I got much encouragement and preparation through this lovely forum. keep up the great work. Iceman
 
Wow! Jogged up steps! Haven't done that myself for quite a few years myself.
The courage folks have on here that are having bad experiences but keep on bouncing back, moving forward is awe inspiring also. It's one thing to havean easy recovery. It's certainly more to have a difficult one, persevere, and reach the finish line. I applaud all of us here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Yes its hard work but you have jogged Yeh!:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
My daughter just measured my flex as nobody else has lately. Left is 138° but the right, my worse knee is 110°. Nothing to do but Slide and Monitor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Those ROMs are awesome! It's still so early in your recovery - heaps of time for your right knee to improve!
 
There's always one that lags a bit behind. For me it's my right one too--126 vs 132 with my left.
 
Thanks all! You mean I shouldn't stretch it until I scream? ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Another milestone. After a board game meetup at a supermarket café, I did a full shopping load walking and it felt great! It wasn't that long ago that I would begin hobbling halfway through shopping and leave without getting everything. At this point, I believe I'm back where I was before the operation, of course without the pain. So much better after 5 weeks.

Now, the next phase begins; working Oh so slowly on strength. The feeling of Independence is so exhilarating though, it's plenty to keep me focused on my long term goals through the many steps still ahead of me.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom