July 6, 2017<

All I can say is wow @gaulsuerou there is no way I can get near my toes yet and use a sock puller and have my husband trim my toe nails. I'm in awe of your progress, good for you. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
So my appointment went very well, my surgeon and his PA were impressed with my progress, I got some great x-rays of my new hips. I thanked my surgeon profusely and told him he was a miracle worker and that the worst part of this whole experience was waiting for the surgery, I said it's been so good since...
Hey kind of smiled at me and said that's why we do what we do, we want to make you better. I asked him a few questions like can I ditch the socks, I never had any swelling and he said yes you can, and I couldn't lie I said that's good because I took them off one day to wash them and never put them back on. Then I whispered I've been driving for a week... he just rolled his eyes and said I did not hear that, as long as you're not doing it on narcotics. I said no I am not & my feet and legs work fine, I only take my dilaudid in the evening to kind of take the edge off a days worth of work. He said I'm doing fine and driving is OK. Wahoooooo! He recommended vitamin E oil to rub on the scars, have to kind of massage the area to loosen everything up around the scars and around the sides of my thighs. I get to see him in another four weeks! I got a prescription for physical therapy to start in a couple more weeks, I'm going to let things settle down a bit, but I already went down to the PT place and requested my favorite gal and they are putting together a schedule, just to be sure I get full range of motion. I have no restrictions I can bend and stretch and use my body as a guide. Today was a very good day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So my appointment went very well, my surgeon and his PA were impressed with my progress, I got some great x-rays of my new hips. I thanked my surgeon profusely and told him he was a miracle worker and that the worst part of this whole experience was waiting for the surgery, I said it's been so good since...
Hey kind of smiled at me and said that's why we do what we do, we want to make you better. I asked him a few questions like can I ditch the socks, I never had any swelling and he said yes you can, and I couldn't lie I said that's good because I took them off one day to wash them and never put them back on. Then I whispered I've been driving for a week... he just rolled his eyes and said I did not hear that, as long as you're not doing it on narcotics. I said no I am not & my feet and legs work fine, I only take my dilaudid in the evening to kind of take the edge off a days worth of work. He said I'm doing fine and driving is OK. Wahoooooo! He recommended vitamin E oil to rub on the scars, have to kind of massage the area to loosen everything up around the scars and around the sides of my thighs. I get to see him in another four weeks! I got a prescription for physical therapy to start in a couple more weeks, I'm going to let things settle down a bit, but I already went down to the PT place and requested my favorite gal and they are putting together a schedule, just to be sure I get full range of motion. I have no restrictions I can bend and stretch and use my body as a guide. Today was a very good day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I have nothing but admiration for You!! You have done brilliantly and long may it continue, well done!! X
 
Hi @Hippalong
I don't know if I deserve admiration but thank you, I am more surprised than anyone at how well my recovery has gone, I think I have to thank my parents for a good genes, they were very healthy to a ripe old age :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow i'm impressed by the toe touching. Your doing so very well. And what a relief it must be) Could you be up for the best BTHR recovery ever on bonesmart ? You could definitely make a shortlist)
 
Love the pedicure! I find it amazing you could do that at this point. It's hard to believe you are the one who was so super worried about all this!! Great job!!
 
Great report...good job.
Easy does it now..we don't want setbacks.
I too am amazed that BTHR recovery was hard but not what I had built it up to be in my mind.
So happy for you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all
And @BlueSkys I think I should be up for the "most worried about nothing" award... omg I stressed and worried myself into a tizzy, I cried to my anesthesiologist at my pre op appt, I could not pull myself together.
Embrace the suck, look at me now :-P !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today was a good day, I got up at seven went outside and cleaned my horse barn, a first since my surgery, then I went to my job and did some bookwork and banking deposits for a couple of hours, stopped at the grocery store and walked every aisle with the cart and picked up a few items, came home and climbed over my 2 foot garden fence ouch, and did a little bit of weeding, was going to mow the lawn but I could not get the mower out because my boyfriend parked his motorcycle in front of it and I did not feel comfortable moving it LOL at 2 1/2 weeks post surgery I'm sure I would have gotten majorly scolded.,I did a little more cleaning and now I am sitting on my couch watching TV resting not too much the worse for wear although I probably joined the ODIC once again. But every day I wake up I feel better and better I can sleep on either op side or my stomach or my back and roll to any of the above without pain, yay. Onward and upward. I'm going to beat this thing, in record time, so mad at myself for all the fretting and worrying and before.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gaulsuerou Please slow down! At only 2.5 weeks out you still need to limit you activity. One activity per day and then a day of rest. You have just had two major surgeries! This is a marathon - not a sprint!
 
I know I know, I just feel so good, I did stop short of trying to move the motorcycle give me a little bit of credit for that... you get out doing something and one thing leads to another leads to another I am relaxing for the rest of my day I just rubbed vitamin EE all over my scars and I'm going to go sit in the sun


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Marvellous achievements.
But if I had $100.oo for everyone who did way too much and then suffered I'd have enough for a holiday in Vermont.
I'm totally there with the don't want to hold back thing.
Overdoing it can cause some nasty muscle and tendon problems that take ages to clear up.
And when you get something it's already too late.
Nurture that excellent recovery.
Joe.......
 
I would not be hard on yourself the risks are real going in, even if unlikely. If you go in eyes open your going to worry! I thought "just my luck ill get infection" "Just my luck ill have an awful limp" :) I went to the shops today. I don't think it was obvious apart from my very measured stroll :) I still don't know what to do with my stitch. I thought it was cut one end and pull. So i cut one end and pulled.... and nothing happened) I'll see the Doc about it. Great that you can touch toes. You mean with your fingers right? Not with a stick? Just to clarify ;)
 
Hi @BlueSkys
Yes I was actually able to touch my toes with my hands not with a stick, LOL. Sorry you have a stitch that's bothering you, I was glued so I did not have that to deal with. After my last appointment my OS told me to rub vitamin E oil on my scars and jiggle them to prevent adhesions, I have been doing that with my scars and massaging the surrounding muscles. Things are loosening up but I swear I can still feel the knife in there. It's funny how little pain's crop up here and there I know it is just tissue healing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom