Guest viewing is limited

July 6, 2017<

I think I mentioned it before, too, but my OS agreed with what Josephine is telling you. We all feel like we should be doing more to speed up our recovery but what I've learned since joining BoneSmart is that those who ouch the exercises are in MORE pain that those who don't and it definitely doesn't seem to speed their recovery. I was told by my OS and by Josephine that I would get my range of motion back without the PT and I feel they were right. It takes time but my range of motion keeps improving all on its own.
 
Hi @Mojo333
I am a side sleeper too, but so far I am relegated to sleeping either on my back, or on my stomach which was a blessing to be able to sleep on my stomach. In the night I try each side but I get what you say about feeling it very hard in there and uncomfortable, if you're not there yet I'm sure I'm certainly not there yet but will keep trying LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad Josephine was the cooler in this case gaulsuerue, I was worried you were overdoing. But I did the same thing and we are so happy with our new hips it's hard to temper your excitement.
Had to discipline myself andsay... Hey, I've been up on my legs for hours... Better ice and elevate.
You'll get it... Love ya!
 
2 weeks out today. Finally a couple of milestones, I was able to sleep on either side last night for about half an hour, and I was able to roll on my back onto my stomach without having to get out of bed turn around and slither back in! First appointment with surgeon is tomorrow I am and I will be walking in there with no aids!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Woohoo! You are amazing!
Your OS will be so proud, job well done, happy, thriving patient.....it's all good.
Keep up the good work and let us know how your appt goes.
A great evening to you!
 
Great job... Rock star. Got a tie dye dress you can wear? Walk it like a runway model girlfriend.
So happy for you!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everybody, I am pretty proud of it, I have been practicing my strut to walk in there like nobody will know I had a hip replacement!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You Go Girl......Work it!
 
I even put on my first pair of real shorts today instead of my PJs, and they fit I thought I had more swelling than that but I guess I don't


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did the same. Strutted, did a twirl, what a dork!!!!
Love love...
And when you get home sit your behind down!!!!
 
Hi @Mojo333
I am a side sleeper too, but so far I am relegated to sleeping either on my back, or on my stomach which was a blessing to be able to sleep on my stomach. In the night I try each side but I get what you say about feeling it very hard in there and uncomfortable, if you're not there yet I'm sure I'm certainly not there yet but will keep trying LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Hi Gaulsurue I only just saw this post, I've had same problems with sleeping and was wondering whether to try on my stomach as that sounded more comfortable than lying on my side, which is weirdly uncomfortable but not painful if you know what I mean? Will deff try the front way tonight!
 
Thank you everybody, I am pretty proud of it, I have been practicing my strut to walk in there like nobody will know I had a hip replacement!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
You have done so amazingly Well!! I'm 2 weeks today and still on 2 crutches ( tried 1 yesterday but was in a little pain) so will try again soon when swelling goes down. Wishing you well with your appointment!
 
Hi @Hippalong
I hope you tried this stomach sleeping thing, it felt so good to me the first night I did it, you can only lay on your back so long...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi gaulsuerou I'm going to try tonight as I can't stand sleeping on my back plus I m getting back pain now too and I really don't want that Haha, will keep you posted.....take care :flwrysmile:
 
Okay in prep for my 2 week appointment look what I accomplished, not the most beautiful professional job but I was able to paint my own toes without dislocating myself LOL !!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170721_7f78412316f60c9841fe4ec3c38f4668.jpg
 
Isn't it great to he able to reach our toes again!!
Hope I don't forget how hard some of these small things were to do before surgery!!
So proud for you!:climb:onward and upward!
 
Good Morning @gaulsuerou
OMG......You are incredible! What an accomplishment........I'm dying for a fresh pedi but know I can't pull it off yet. Can't wait to hear about your first post op visit and your OS's reaction to your phenomenal recovery.
You amaze me!
 
Back
Top Bottom