July 6, 2017<

Thanks @Jaycey
I'm hoping they do heal well they are quite prominent but I have seen a lot worse on the scar pictures, but it is still early on, I do not have a lot of experience with scars other than the one on my ankle hardware that healed quite nicely and I do not recall putting anything on that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @gaulsuerou
You sound well and inspiring as always!
Just a comment on the scars -
My PT also mentioned showing me how to work on my scar in regard to adhesions. She wants to wait till scabbing is completely gone which it almost is. I mentioned the Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream that I think @dougie0216 suggested and possibly @Mojo333 used also? My PT agreed it would be beneficial to apply and gently massage in around the scar.
As always, on all, varying advice and opinions......
A great day to you!
 
@gaulsuerou The physical therapist recommended the Palmer's. The skin seems smoother and it smells really good. I especially used it where the internal stitches
moved closer to the skin surface. I was told the lumps where those stitches were, was normal. It did not look 'normal' to me...
[Bonesmart.org] July 6, 2017<
 
Thanks @dougie0316
The vitamin EE oil does not smell that great, I will try some of that will look for it at my pharmacy, yes my scar looks a little Puckery still, but I have faith it will smooth out


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I ordered it on Amazon for 8 or $9. Much better price than the pharmacy or Walgreens.
 
@gaulsuerou many years ago a guy i was standing next too a guy who had a horrible injury to his face. It was a real mess about 30 stitches to get his lip to join up. I remember the nurse saying to him, say good bye to your boyish good looks and the girls because your not going to be pretty anymore (words to that effect). Anyway it did heal up amazingly, his mum put honey on it. Would have been local honey, not heated processed etc. I will put it on mine as soon as this stitch is out. Im curious to see it work , i don't mind a scar though:)
 
Love my coconut oil..and Palmer's but only after all closed up and I had an appendectomy many years ago using nothing on it you can barely see.
I use the coconut oil on my skin anyway because it's very dry...use it right after bath/shower while skin still wet...minuscule amount absorbs right in.
Hey gaulsuerue, double hippy buddy. Glad you are doing well.
Looks like we are poster children for BTHR...let's make sure we don't screw it up
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all my bonesmart friends, I have not been on much as I have been quite busy with company and life. I will be five weeks out this coming Thursday, today was a milestone in that I took the last of my medications they sent me home with. It was a blood thinner and some stomach pill that was supposed to make that better. I still take Tylenol and Celebrex but I am hoping as time goes on I can stop everything and not wake up with that medicine taste in my mouth. I have an evaluation with my physical therapist this Tuesday I know they will ask me what my goals are. I am assembling a list of things I want to be able to do naturally.
Funny story some friends and I were out this weekend and stopped to sample the craft brews at a very small local brewery, as I stepped in the door I bumped right into my surgeon practically, we laughed and he commented on how well I was walking, I shook his hand and said yes but I still can't run. He said no I told you I don't want you to run, I said I don't want to run any races, I just want to be able to run a few steps at a time, in case I have to chase a horse or my donkey if they get out LOL. Anyway it was fun to see him outside of an office setting. Gotta love small rural towns! Some days I still have a bit of pain, I think it still postsurgical pain, sometimes I don't think about it sometimes I do. Looking forward to the day I don't think about it at all… Anyway just checking in, everybody have a great day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gaulsuerou Sounds like you are doing very well for only 5 weeks out! Don't rush to get off your meds. You still need to get comfortable with your mobility and meds help you do that. New activities might also challenge those new hips as well.

You are doing great!
 
So glad you have us an update @gaulsuerue. I too have a few ongoing issues like nerve stuff in thighs and some lower back aches. Attribute most of that to post op nerve pain and numbness and pre-op bad posture and gait. Still so much better than I was. Will continue to work on it.
 
Hi @gaulsuerou you sound like you're doing great! Agree with jaycee 're meds, they do help even if on a low dose? I'm walking indoors unaided and slightly ungainly lol but feel more confident with a crutch outdoors just for safety really. Hope you continue to improve!
 
@gaulsuerou your doing fantastic.keep it up.i still use Tylenol almost daily but then I constantly over do it. I haven't put anything on the scar and it's just a white line now. After my first knee scope the Dr fold me to never run. Of course I'm mot as petite as you.
 
Hi @gaulsuerou
Wow.....You really took off running after your surgery. No grass growing under your feet!
You're doing awesome.....it's inspiring. Just pace yourself so your recovery keeps moving forward.
Had a good feeling you were just out living life when we hadn't heard from you.
Continued healing and a great week to you!
 
@gaulsuerou great update! You sound happy and hard-working and living life. I think the running after livestock will come if you wait for it. I was told after first hip )and expect to be told in a few months again), "no running for exercise, but yes you can sprint in the parking lot rain, or chase kids or whatever. It was over a year before I was comfortable with running, but it became perfectly natural. I do most of my running chasing a grocery cart downhill when it's loaded with 80-100 lbs of kitty litter. Had to give that us last summer, as the bad hip caused too many paybacks. So...next summer, chasing kitty litter again!

Keep up the great work, and relax from time to time ! :ice::SUNsmile::yes:
 
I'm on fast as hubby is in hardware store ...snore. I am so glad you're Okay I've been worried you've been so quiet...glad it's all good. hugs and frogs :froggies:
 
I think it's called the Hardware Snore......isn't it? @MyAussieGirl
It makes me want to yawn and snore.
Nuts and bolts and screws....oh my!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom