July 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck to us all................I'm sure the left knee will follow the RTKR ...........overcompensation hurts too:)
 
It's July!!!! Finally!! Just two more days for me....one more day for several others. HOpe everyone does well. See you on the other side!
 
Update July 1, 2012
My goodness! One more update as this is quite the full schedule!
All the best to each and every one of you having surgery in July.


JULY SURGERY LIST

Week 1
July 02 Tommy464
July 02 skyelark
July 02 Stella
July 03 DogLady (Maggie-Lee)
July 03 BornAgain1997
July 03 fxguy
July 03 wednesday210
July 03 Aaleigha
July 05 JayLyn

Week 2
July 09 truckinguy (first knee)
July 09 LucyBelle
July 10 nysparkle
July 10 momo3sons
July 12 Scarey
July 13 laf1958
July 13 mamakat

Week 3
July 17 RAM
July 18 truckinguy (second knee probable)
July 18 ERDocsMom
July 18 larryf (Larry)
July 18 Swimmerdog
July 18 Bill2015
July 18 Bluegrove
July 20 BigRo

Week 4
July 23 vegasmomof3 (Margie)
July 23 Zel
July 23 mrschooch
July 24 hbark (Howard)
July 24 sydneyto
July 25 Nyland
July 25 KathyH
July 25 Michael Reed

Week 5
July 30 Wants to Walk (Lindsay)
July 30 ladyj
July 31 BikerAnn
July 31 TheresaG1961

Week ?
Kneedylady
 
Happy July everyone! I'm so ready! Just getting in as much pool play time as I can.
Tommy464, skyelark, Stella, DogLady, BornAgain1997, fxguy, wednesday210, Aaleigha, JayLyn will all be in my thoughts and prayers this week!
 
:happydance: Its already July 2nd here so for those of you with July 2 op dates, let me tell you it's a great day. All is goign well for you! I'm scheduled for tomorrow, so hope it goes well for me too
 
My operation has been brought forward by a day, and it is now to be on 30th July. The hospital rang me and said that as my operation will be quite time consuming because it will not be straightforward, as it is the result of injury rather than arthritis, and because my leg is out of alignment, the surgeon has scheduled an extra operating day for me and a few others.
Sooner the better. Four weeks today.
 
My operation has been brought forward by a day, and it is now to be on 30th July. The hospital rang me and said that as my operation will be quite time consuming because it will not be straightforward, as it is the result of injury rather than arthritis, and because my leg is out of alignment, the surgeon has scheduled an extra operating day for me and a few others.
Sooner the better. Four weeks today.

OK, I changed you on the list to July 30th. :)
Sorry it is going to take longer, but that is good the dr is being cautious and careful; allowing for any additional time needed. My leg was malaligned too but from years of arthritis.
 
Oh good luck everyone, sending plenty of vibes your way to each and everyone of you. I have been on the other side since 7th June, catch you all later.
Love to all,
Viv xxx
 
OK, I changed you on the list to July 30th. :umm:
Sorry it is going to take longer, but that is good the dr is being cautious and careful; allowing for any additional time needed. My leg was malaligned too but from years of arthritis.
Thank you for yor kindness 1ELISEA.
I don't quite know what is involved in re-aligning my leg, they did say they had to order special equipment!:umm:
I am looking forward to being able to stand straight though. How did yours go?
 
Hello everyone!!!
I am so HAPPY to be here! Surgery is July 24th i can't wait!!!!!

i do pilates 2x a week for core strergth, as much walking as possible
and a little Elliptical training.....and hopefully lose a few more pounds
so i can have a fast-comfortable TKR!!!

i'm 49 and i really miss marathoning, even small road races would be fun
i'm learning to "like" walking :)

good luck everybody!!
sydney
My bilateral knee replacements will be one day after you. I'm hoping to build up my legs a bit as well. Off to the gym tonight. Good luck to you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] July 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in July?

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new knee joint in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!
 
Hello everyone!!!
I am so HAPPY to be here! Surgery is July 24th i can't wait!!!!!

i do pilates 2x a week for core strergth, as much walking as possible
and a little Elliptical training.....and hopefully lose a few more pounds
so i can have a fast-comfortable TKR!!!

i'm 49 and i really miss marathoning, even small road races would be fun
i'm learning to "like" walking :)

good luck everybody!!
sydney
Sydney I too am 49. I had my right TKR on March 12, 2012 and I have been blessed with a great recovery. I am hoping my left TKR on July 23rd goes just as well. I exercised for about 18 months before my TKR and lost 90 lbs. I hadn't worked out in about 14 years because of my knees. One day I woke up and said enough. I joined the YMCA and my 16 year old at the time became my gym buddy. I never looked back and realized how much I missed working out. I was in great shape gong into my TKR and my legs were strong. I was back in the gym 34 days after my TKR. I added pool therapy which is great. Read as much as you can on the forum. The most important info I gained for recovery is pain management, elevate toes above nose, ice, and rest. Set an alarm to stay on schedule for your pain. Take you medicine as prescribed. Do your stretches they show you in hospital. I did heel pumps a lot. I would also like to stress be patient with your recovery it takes months. I'm almost 4 months post op RTKR and I'm still resting, elevating And icing. My ROM is 120 and I'm thrilled with that. Don't focus on your ROM number because it will fluctuate daily, lol. Best of luck to you.

Margie
 
ABSOLUTELY! It's kind of a partial knee replacement revision.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom