July 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya All - July will be a busy month for me - LTKR on the 2nd July - Birthday on the 14th, Wedding Anniversary on the 23rd and Hubby's birthday on the 25th .
Nice to have found this forum and people to share with !
 
Hello everyone!!!
I am so HAPPY to be here! Surgery is July 24th i can't wait!!!!!

i do pilates 2x a week for core strergth, as much walking as possible
and a little Elliptical training.....and hopefully lose a few more pounds
so i can have a fast-comfortable TKR!!!

i'm 49 and i really miss marathoning, even small road races would be fun
i'm learning to "like" walking :)

good luck everybody!!
sydney
 
First time posting...but have lurked for weeks. TRKR on July 2. I can't wait. My OS is amazing. I am so excited to get my life back!
 
Hello Stella, and welcome to the forum. We are happy you have joined us. Please start your own thread in the knee replacement pre op area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a dialogue box. You determine a title and then proceed to tell us a little about yourself.
The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can find you to post to.
Looking forward to your first post in your thread
 
I'm scheduled to have BTKR on July 31. I tried to avoid this by doing PT (four different therapists over 2 years) and arthroscopy and had cortisone and "visco supplement" injections, but the pain has gotten worse. I force myself to be as active as I can, but the price is dear--constant pain, even keeps me up at night. Soooo, I've got 8 weeks of waiting. I'm also unemployed, so I'm anxious about getting this done not only so I can return to biking and hiking and the activities I love, but also so I can become employable!

I'm interested in knowing how best to use these next eight weeks in terms of any PT or other physical/mental prep.

This is a cool site.

Another person on the same day as me. Keep me posted.:)
 
So many more scheduled, it was time for another update.
All the best to those of you having surgery in July.

JULY SURGERY LIST
Week 1
July 02 Tommy464
July 02 skyelark
July 02 Stella
July 03 DogLady (Maggie-Lee)
July 03 BornAgain1997
July 03 fxguy
July 03 wednesday210
July 03 Old Chipper
July 05 JayLyn

Week 2
July 09 truckinguy (first knee)
July 09 LucyBelle
July 10 nysparkle
July 12 Scarey
July 13 laf1958
July 13 mamakat

Week 3
July 17 RAM
July 18 truckinguy (second knee probable)
July 18 ERDocsMom
July 18 larryf (Larry)
July 18 Swimmerdog

Week 4
July 23 vegasmomof3 (Margie)
July 23 Zel
July 24 hbark (Howard)
July 24 sydneyto
July 25 Nyland
July 25 KathyH

Week 5
July 30 Wants to Walk (Lindsay)
July 31 BikerAnn
July 31 ladyj
July 31 TheresaG1961

Week ?
Kneedylady
 
My right knee replacement surgery is set for July 18th. This is patient specific replacement, so is anyone out there doing the same type of surgery?
 
Hello, Bill, and welcome to the forum. We are happy you have joined us. Please start your own thread in the knee replacement pre op area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a dialogue box. You determine a title and then proceed to tell us a little about yourself.
The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can find you to post to.
Looking forward to your first post in your thread.
 
Good luck everyone for July, I am not only post op (TRKR 7th June) I am also pre-op for my left knee. I dont have a date yet but my surgeon said it would be around 3 months after the first knee so I am probably looking at September-ish.
I am so looking forward to Christmas and being able to do things without having to sit down every few seconds or so.
I admire all your positive determination its the only way to go, of course its natural to be nervous, I was a wreck and its not a walk in the park once you have the op but it can only get better and you will never be in the same arthritic pain again.
I am only 2 weeks post op so have a long, long way to go and wont start my physio till thursday, my staples are coming out the same day and I feel that after that is done, there is closure on the operation and after that there is nothing to do but go forward.
I will come back from time to time to check in on all the July sparklers.
Best wishes to all,
Viv xx:)
Hi Viv, congrats on the TRKR and thanks for sharing. I love reading post op stories - helps to ease my nervousness a bit. Hope you're having a smooth recovery!! Please keep us updated. I'll be getting my TLKR on 7/30/12 :dancy:

Lindsay
 
Just found the forum today - rather glad I did
I am due to have my TKR (left knee) on 3rd July
H xx
 
Hello,Aaleigha, and welcome to the forum. We are happy you have joined us. Please start your own thread in the knee replacement pre op area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a dialogue box. You determine a title and then proceed to tell us a little about yourself.
The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can find you to post to. Members are much more likely to respond to your thread than to look in the surgery date area.
Looking forward to your first post in your thread.
[Bonesmart.org] July 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in July?
 
Wishing you all of the best for your July surgeries.
Here is initial list for July.

JULY SURGERY LIST

Week 1
July 03 DogLady (Maggie-Lee)
July 05 JayLyn

Week 2
July 09 truckinguy (first knee)
July 13 laf1958

Week 3
July 18 truckinguy (second knee)
July 18 ERDocsMom

Week 4
July 23 vegasmomof3 (Margie)
July 24 hbark (Howard)
July 25 Nyland

Week 5
Your name here :biggrin:FXguy
July 3 Both Knees
 
Going to have both knees done, tired of all the pain and hobbling around and the snap crackle and pop in my knees!
 
Wow!!! So many July surgeries. We're going to have a HUGE recovery club!! I'm going to need to bake cookies!!! Welcome to all you new folks too. As Judy suggested, you all might want to start a new thread in the pre-op forum to tell us more about yourselves and ask any questions you might have.
 
Wow, this is quite the list!
All the best to everyone having surgery in July.


JULY SURGERY LIST

Week 1
July 02 Tommy464
July 02 skyelark
July 02 Stella
July 03 DogLady (Maggie-Lee)
July 03 BornAgain1997
July 03 fxguy
July 03 wednesday210
July 03 Aaleigha
July 05 JayLyn

Week 2
July 09 truckinguy (first knee)
July 09 LucyBelle
July 10 nysparkle
July 10 momo3sons
July 12 Scarey
July 13 laf1958
July 13 mamakat

Week 3
July 17 RAM
July 18 truckinguy (second knee probable)
July 18 ERDocsMom
July 18 larryf (Larry)
July 18 Swimmerdog
July 18 Bill2015
July 18 Bluegrove

Week 4
July 23 vegasmomof3 (Margie)
July 23 Zel
July 24 hbark (Howard)
July 24 sydneyto
July 25 Nyland
July 25 KathyH

Week 5
July 30 Wants to Walk (Lindsay)
July 31 BikerAnn
July 31 ladyj
July 31 TheresaG1961

Week ?
Kneedylady
 
I have my Pre-op on July 20th and surgery is scheduled for July 31st. Can not wait to have it done and over with. A little nervous since the knee arthroscopy didnt go so well in January. This will be a RTKA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom