THR Juanita's Hip Recovery

I'm glad you were able to honor your friend with a girls trip and hopefully it was somewhat of a distraction.
@SaraK has had this release surgery and is doing well.
Maybe she can pop by and tell you about it.
Here is her thread also if you'd like to see her journey.

I had ongoing problems with the psoas after my second THR and much of your frustration in not getting the original surgeon to even listen. I had the psoas release on New Year's Eve (insert the Hallelujah Chorus here) and the difference is amazing. I still have more difficulty lifting that leg high (knee above waist) and range of motion isn't perfect but it's still improving.

I go out dancing regularly (@Mojo333 will be shocked (NOT) to hear this), I hike (even in hilly areas), I've started powerlifting and (most important of all) I can sleep without waking with a jolt of pain every time I move or roll over.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have on here.

It will get better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend, Juanita.
Hopefully the girls trip to Idaho and the memories you hold close of your friend made for a healing getaway.

I'm happy to hear there's a plan in place for your hip. While I understand your anxiety, this will hopefully bring you the relief that's been elusive and no need for a revision. Please keep us posted and let us know once you have it scheduled.

Wishing you comfort until then and a peaceful weekend! :)
@Ryesgma

Well I'm still waiting to hear from the surgery scheduler , I did however email my original os today due to the fact that my pain has gotten worse (if you can believe it) and it now hurts when I walk ! :censored: I am not sure how bad they expect me to get before they decide to do something , but we shall see . With all of this going on I'm still trying to remain as positive as I can be , but it's becoming increasingly harder for me . I hope to hear good news soon . If there's anyone out there that can say some extra prayers for me I would really appreciate it :angel:

I am just now catching up with your thread. I am so sorry @Ryesgma.
You're added to my prayer list.. hopefully you will get a surgery date soon!

I'm very sorry you are going through this @Ryesgma

:praying: for some relief and that you hear from them soon.

Will be praying that you get a surgery date and some relief soon :angel:!

Hello Juanita,
This is sad and unbelievable. I'm so sorry you continue to suffer and wait.
Add me to those who will lift you in prayer so this can be addressed soon allowing you to move forward.
Hugs and wishes for your comfort.
@Ryesgma

Ok I need some advice , I still haven't heard anything from my surgeon about scheduling my upcoming surgery. I have emailed both my original os and the new surgeon as my pain is becoming increasingly harder to deal with and now I can barely walk on my right leg at all :sos: I have also called member services and filled a complaint today and they gave me the number for the state of California managed health care to call and file a complaint with them as well . I'm just completely beside myself that two different surgeon's from two different areas are leaving me sit in excruciating pain and they're not doing anything for me:boohoo:any info at this point would be greatly appreciated , not sure how much longer I can be stuck in my house crying all day .

@Ryesgma It seems Surgeons don't won't to deal with anything after the surgery. Best of luck. I also am still in the same pain after almost 14 weeks. Still giving it more time but not getting any improvement.

@Ryesgma I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with this. And most locations are probably out for the Veterans Day holiday today. I don't remember if you've ever mentioned how far away the doctors are. If they are fairly close by you might want to go to the office in person. A lot harder to ignore or misplace you if you're standing there. I hope you get some relief soon. :console2::praying:

Hi Juanita,
Just checking in....wondering if you've heard from the scheduler yet and how you're doing since you last posted? I'm sorry this drags on. I'm at a loss for words. It's terribly sad and unfortunate that you're struggling as you are.
Prayers for speedy relief.
@Ryesgma

Still waiting to hear back from the scheduler for a surgery date , I did however speak to the department administrator for both the orthopedic and scheduling depts at the Kaiser hospital in Panorama city . I'm really hoping that gets the ball rolling and gets me a date asap . I've been having more bad days than good at this point and I'm now unable to drive or really go out and about anymore:tantrum: I never thought in a million years that agreeing to have my hip replaced at 48 would leave me with such a low quality of life , but I will press on and try to get this fixed . My original os said he will wait and see what happens with this tendon release surgery but at this point he has no other advice to offer(can u believe it!!) He is pretty much just dumping me off on another orthopedic surgeon , I'm so upset by this can't understand how a Dr can just give up on me :gaah:

I'm so sorry your OS is not helping you and you feel discarded.
I pray that you hear very soon and can keep yourself hopeful.
Big hugsxxxx

Hello Juanita,
It's great you continue to persevere. I'm sorry this has become such a nightmare for you. Hopefully, you'll soon have something scheduled and on your way to obtaining permanent relief.
Wishing you comfort as you wait.
@Ryesgma

Good evening , I finally heard from the surgery scheduler on Friday the 15th and he told me that the os is booked through January , and the February schedule hasn't been released yet :tantrum: so as it stands I'm going to have to continue to suffer until then unless I'm lucky enough to get a cancellation. I'm beyond frustrated at this point I've called member services again and filled yet another complaint regarding me being made to wait so long in pain especially when I didn't do this to myself:censored: I have been referred to pain management but couldn't even get an appointment until 12/11 plus they're still insisting I go to physical therapy . I feel like not one Dr cares at all about what I've been going through :bawl:my husband is beyond upset and everyone I know is telling me to consult an attorney I have no clue where to turn . HELP :sos:

I'm at such a loss, Juanita. I just don't know what to say.
Your situation is unfortunate and unbelievable. I only wish you could find some relief instead of constantly hitting a wall. It's like a bad dream that never ends.
I'm so sorry :console2:
@Ryesgma

Oh no.. I am truly so very sorry @Ryesgma. I wish there was something to do, if there is, I sure don't know what it would be. :console2:
If it were me I think I would reach out to multiple surgeons for opinions..
Please take care, and know we are here for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022