TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

What a great update! Your sensible recovery has definitely benefited you.
 
Thanks for encouraging others!
I love your update, the progress and milestones you're hitting. Well deserved for a great guy!
Enjoy the rest of the week and month of August!
@Jtmav
 
Thanks for encouraging others!
I love your update, the progress and milestones you're hitting. Well deserved for a great guy!
Enjoy the rest of the week and month of August!
@Jtmav
Thanks Layla, you’ve been so helpful and encouraging since I started coming here, along with many others. Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer, as always they are fleeting.
Be well
 
Wow @Jtmav !! I’ve appreciated your cheering me on and I’m so thrilled to read how you’ve turned that huge bend (hah bend) in the road of recovery!!! Yeay!! I’m now 6 months out TODAY and just started riding my bike outside a few weeks ago. It will feel scary the 1st time but as your OS said you are good to go!! Enjoy these small wins! Of course my 6 mos old and 5 yr old knees still complain (cranky and stiff) at times but that crippling pain prior to surgery is gone!! Best to you!! :loveshwr:
 
Wow @Jtmav !! I’ve appreciated your cheering me on and I’m so thrilled to read how you’ve turned that huge bend (hah bend) in the road of recovery!!! Yeay!! I’m now 6 months out TODAY and just started riding my bike outside a few weeks ago. It will feel scary the 1st time but as your OS said you are good to go!! Enjoy these small wins! Of course my 6 mos old and 5 yr old knees still complain (cranky and stiff) at times but that crippling pain prior to surgery is gone!! Best to you!! :loveshwr:
They say you never forget how to ride a bike, I hope they’re right :biking: it’s been such a long time I do have a concern about just staying upright. I’m sure it will be fine over time like all of this journey has been. I missed the line that day when patience was being handed out. :heehee:Thanks for your post and best of luck to you as well.
 
Tomorrow will be 7 month anniversary for my left knee and 4 months for my right. My recovery has been pretty good, really no hitches just my impatience. That being said I just finished a twenty mile bike ride on one of my favorite paths here on Cape Cod. So grateful for this and all of your support. Here’s a picture I took of Quisset Harbor on Falmouth. Enjoy the weekend all

IMG_0381.jpeg
 
Beautiful photo. Sounds like you are doing amazingly well.
 
I just finished a twenty mile bike ride on one of my favorite paths here on Cape Cod.
That's wonderful! Your recovery is going remarkably well to be able to do that with a 4-month-old knee.

Keep us posted as you continue the recovery journey.
 
You're doing incredibly well, wow!!!!
 
What a peaceful sight! You are doing so well with your new knees!
 
Howdy my friend! Use those new knees like you stole them! I am very proud of you and your recovery! You are an inspiration for anyone looking to improve their lives! By all means enjoy your bike and be safe out there!
Jake
 
Howdy my friend! Use those new knees like you stole them! I am very proud of you and your recovery! You are an inspiration for anyone looking to improve their lives! By all means enjoy your bike and be safe out there!
Jake
so great to hear from you, hope your summer went well and you’re getting stronger every day. We’ve been at this together for awhile now and I am feeling very grateful for where I am and hopeful about where I’m headed. Enjoy the last gasps of summer and stay strong, my friend.
 
Happy Anniversary's!!
How wonderful, a twenty mile bike ride on the Cape. You captured such a peaceful pic.
You're making beautiful progress and the best part....it's going to get even better!
Have a great week! @Jtmav
:bicycle1:
 
Hello my friend!
I haven't been here for a while. Thought I would check in and see how you are doing. I am going to jump to my thread and update. Lots of things have changed in my world. God Bless!
Jake
 
Jake, so nice to hear from you, I have thought of you often and am happy after reading your update. My recovery from the two TKRs has been fairly uneventful. Like Layla pointed out to me a long time ago it’s not linear for sure. I am at close to 10 and 7 months on the two knees. I am certainly back to doing all I did pre surgery and with a lot less pain. Both knees continue to heal though and certainly stiffness and some discomfort are still along for the ride. I am managing to get out on my bike a couple times a week for 15-20 mile rides as well as some walking. Early morning stretches are part of my daily routine and find they help with both the knees and my spinal stenosis. Like you, we adopted a pair of sister Yorkshire terriers 9 years ago when they were 7. Now 16 1/2 they re starting to suffer some of the age related problems of the breed. We are making it as comfortable as possible and they continue to enjoy life albeit with some limitations. Dogs give you some of the best years of your life and one of the worst days as well.
Jake, glad to hear you’re completing the set of new knees, I highly recommend it. Hope all goes smoothly for you. Stay strong all!
 
Last edited:
Hey Jtmav :wave:
Love hearing good things from you! It's been awhile. Wonderful to read you're back to all you did pre-TKR's.
It should be a good Thanksgiving and Christmas season for you with your new knees.

As pretty much a lifelong pet owner (Labs) both my dad and hubs duck hunters, I know the joy of life with them and the heartbreak in losing your furry companion. I hope you're able to have yours around for several years to come. I love Yorkies, they're so cute! I imagine they were a great comfort as you were healing.

So glad you stopped by, many blessings to you during this holiday season and in 2025! :loveshwr:
@Jtmav
 
Thanks Layla, I have so much to be grateful for. As far as our pets, “be happy it happened and not sad it’s over”. Stay well
 
Hi Jtmav,
Was just over on, Jakes, thread and it reminded me of you, so stopping by to say Hi!:wave:
I hope you shared a lovely Christmas with those you hold dear.
May the New Year be filled with good health, joy, peace, lots of love and many blessings! Take care and stop by to say Hi on occasion. It's always a pleasure to hear how you're doing. :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
@Jtmav
 
Layla you’re always so thoughtful and it’s nice to be remembered. My Christmas was great, was able to see and spend time with all my grandchildren, who make this such a fun holiday. As far as my recovery, it seems to be moving along nicely, certainly need more time to get the full benefits of the surgeries but I am sure a lot better than pre surgery. Still trying to get some workouts in a few times a week and stretch every day. On reflection my surgeons advice to do both three months apart has worked very well for me. It’s just nice to be completely focused on the recovery and have all the surgeries in the rear view mirror. Just had my annual physical and all went well. I am just flat out grateful for all my blessings. Here’s hoping you and everyone here has a safe, healthy and happy new year. I do stop by often but I didn’t think I had much to offer especially with the regular crew here who are light years ahead of me with experience and advice. Be well and have a Happy New Year!

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
@Jtmav - great update. And never underestimate the effect members have on each other in sharing trials and milestones!!! Folks inspire each other.

Best to you and yours for the new year. I know I'll be looking for your one year updates!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom